• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2914 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Fannon

Obsidian Islands and Commods Reply to this Post

In an effort to keep information easier to find, I've started a new thread. Please post here if you can confirm commod spawns for an island.

If you're unsure, feel free to post pictures of what you're seeing and maybe someone else can confirm!

For help spotting commods, see this guide, which shows what the commods look like placed: https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Island_Design_Guide

EDIT: All done, go check the wiki!
----------------------------------------
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Fannon at Jul 6, 2017 5:43:50 PM]
[Jul 1, 2017 9:26:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Re: Obsidian Islands and Commods Reply to this Post

There are also dark versions of some of the commods now (identical art, just darker colors to blend on the shadow islands better). And to further complicate things, for the first time ever, we were allowed to use herbs in non-commod colors, i.e. purely decorative herbs. Also, there are also some dark non-commod rocks that can be mistaken for iron if you're not careful, I think.

/e will try to catch any mistakes due to the above hijinx, but otherwise will have to sit this one out, sorry :(

Also, we need to start on the fruit. (I know nothing about fruit situation, so I can help with that one and everything.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 1, 2017 1:16:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Yeah we definitely noticed the herb situation. The one we're seeing the most is yellow and that's confusing, but so far we just haven't confirmed weld for any items.

I played around with yohoho tools and it only counts as a commod the correct style/color of herb. i.e. you can create all the herbs in yellow and only the designated weld one will generate the commodity counter. I'm going to assume since that's how yohoho tools works, that the game itself is counting the same way.

The iron is hella annoying though. I created the iron "spawns" in yohoho tools and have been trying just to match those but so far I haven't actually seen any that match, so that's fancy. You'll notice no iron on the spreadsheet either.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Jul 1, 2017 3:03:09 PM]
[Jul 1, 2017 3:01:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I don't know how much help this will be but Penguinpaste posted a thread about the spawns on Cerulean. Not only did he list all the types of commodities that spawned on each island, but exactly how many spawn points were on each island.

This made me aware of such things like large islands don't always spawn the most of a given commodity. For example, on Cerulean, the islands Corona and Tigerleaf both spawn madder, but Corona is an outpost that spawns more madder than the large island of Tigerleaf.

I PM'ed Penguinpaste about how he managed to get these numbers and he said:

I cleared out my YPP cache then visited each island on the ocean, renaming them to the island name as I went along. I then used SceneHaul (which I had to modify and recompile since it only reads filenames with numbers, a mistake I wouldn't repeat!) to convert them all to .xml files, and then used a Python script written by Anaplian to find all of the times each spawn point's item value appeared in each file.

I don't know if the idea of converting the islands into xml files and grunging though them is easer than trying to look through the islands, but the results can be very useful.

Oh, and thanks very much for what you have done already. It is very useful as it is.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jul 1, 2017 5:28:55 PM]
[Jul 1, 2017 5:27:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Greywaters, Darkling Seas and Straits o' Defiance are completed. I've confirmed that they are correct as well. :)
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jul 3, 2017 9:54:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Alrighty, all spawns found and confirmed, all of them added to the wiki and all the various pages. Enjoy friends.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jul 6, 2017 5:43:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Alrighty, all spawns found and confirmed, all of them added to the wiki and all the various pages. Enjoy friends.

You are amazing. Just ... wow.

Thank you.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Jul 7, 2017 4:46:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

You are amazing. Just ... wow.

Thank you.

She's a trooper. We accidentally made it pretty tricky on a few islands. :(

(I'm sure the dark rocks would have been a slightly different shade if Greenbones had realized how close to iron they were. Those were surprisingly evil.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 7, 2017 4:09:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

I'm more annoyed at whoever thought it was a great idea to put chalcocite and thorianite on the same islands. Rude.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jul 7, 2017 4:36:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NALAXMID12

Why did you restrict access to the spreadsheet?
-Sebastion in Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Jul 9, 2017 8:08:22 PM]
[Jul 9, 2017 12:04:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Because all of the information is now on the wikipedia. It's my personal spreadsheet, I can restrict access when I want?
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jul 9, 2017 3:19:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates