• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5778 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Crickket

Meridian?! Reply to this Post

What happen to Meridian!? Dubs are high! No blockades? Less than 100 people on daily!? I love this ocean and hate to see it this way! What can we do to help!? Is it to late!?
[Jun 24, 2017 12:57:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Re: Meridian?! Reply to this Post

It's too late :) I like Meridian too
----------------------------------------
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Jun 24, 2017 2:55:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

I believe you could wait and see what happens with dark seas.

My theory is Dark seas will be good for puzzle pirates as the game will get some advertising because of it. Then hopefully at worst a few thousand new people play dark seas. Then in turn they can still use the same client to log onto emerald or meridian ocean. So possibly some of those new players may trickle into emerald and meridian.

My optimistic belief is if advertised correctly dark seas will have a user base of several thousand. Then this in turn will trickle a few thousand people into emerald and meridian (although most likely emerald). This could therefore reviterlise both oceans user bases back to high numbers of 1000 people always being online like it was 10 years ago.
Robyns
<3
[Jun 28, 2017 11:53:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

I believe you could wait and see what happens with dark seas.

My theory is Dark seas will be good for puzzle pirates as the game will get some advertising because of it. Then hopefully at worst a few thousand new people play dark seas. Then in turn they can still use the same client to log onto emerald or meridian ocean. So possibly some of those new players may trickle into emerald and meridian.

My optimistic belief is if advertised correctly dark seas will have a user base of several thousand. Then this in turn will trickle a few thousand people into emerald and meridian (although most likely emerald). This could therefore reviterlise both oceans user bases back to high numbers of 1000 people always being online like it was 10 years ago.

You are ridiculously overly optimistic.

At worst a few thousand new players? No. At worst : no "new" players, dark seas just takes from other oceans, dark seas flops and game dies. That is worst.

It has been said that dark seas is an entirely separate client, like Ice ocean.

If it were to be advertised, at all ... it might attract a few thousand people yes. However, since I dont recall ever actually seeing any advertisement on steam for PP when it was first released, I dont expect any now.

Honestly at this point in PPs life, I still fail to see the point of a new ocean. We still have too many issues with the main oceans and in my opinion all that is needed to revitalize PP is a slight upgrade/revamp of all graphics, fix the list of bugs/exploits (Some of which have been around 10+ years), expand the shop market (pawn shop/swap meet/etc) as well as add some of the player suggestions for all shoppes over the years (pre made furni/swords/mugs/bludgeons/etc). Really all the devs need to do; listen to the players better. I dont recall ever seeing anyone suggest a new PVP ocean over fixes to the main oceans.

Some old timers I know, dont like or agree with the release of dark seas. The devs have burned us in the past too often.

I continue with my belief that with the release of Dark seas, YPPs fate is sealed and the game will be dead soon after.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jun 29, 2017 1:29:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

It has been said that dark seas is an entirely separate client, like Ice ocean.

If it were to be advertised, at all ... it might attract a few thousand people yes. However, since I dont recall ever actually seeing any advertisement on steam for PP when it was first released, I dont expect any now.

On the first point fair enough I stand corrected, but still people who play dark seas may install the other client also.

Secondly the dark seas post consistently talks about more "exposure" for the game with its release on steam so I presume it will be pushed on steam and have some advertisement. Also when the game was released on steam it did get a push on steam as it was on the front page for a while.
Robyns
<3
[Jun 29, 2017 6:48:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurrai

Is it really that bad now? I'm just coming back to check it out now..

Honestly, this is a very charming game, I have been playing for a long time now, on and off.. I don't believe that this game couldn't draw players in. I'm straight out guessing that the lack of advertising nowadays is key to the problem.

Also, poker lol, I love it and often come just to play it. But the stakes are too high, it's a game so I don't feel I have to hold back.. I have had 10s of million PoE and spent it all, if the stakes were not as high I feel there would be more achievement in a large collection of items. As it stands it's poker dominated, it is by far the best away to accrue any items quickly if you have the right combination of luck and skill.

Really hope this game makes a return.

@ThreeRings - Throw some money at a big youtube gamer, I can't see you not drawing in players and making a tidy profit in the process, as the game is now it will draw people in and likely to keep them coming back.

With my regards

*edit* I can't even log in lol :[
~ Hurrai on all Oceans

~ Avatar made by Brittaney
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hurrai at Jul 20, 2017 5:06:13 AM]
[Jul 20, 2017 5:04:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zowielfc

RIP Meridian

I loved playing on Meridian and am gutted it has died

then there is the situation of my collection of rogue marks familairs etc that I have all but lost as nothing can be transferred to Emerald I exchanged all my poe into dubs just so i didnt lose everything i had worked hard for but that was a joke as the dub exchange was 12k to 1 dub sad on so many levels

I am a Meridian in the heart that is now an Emerald player through necessity untill that ocean also dies along with my pirate aspirations

Dark Seas indeed they are but I will never waste my money or time on another ocean on steam Ice ocean lost me enough!
[Oct 19, 2017 2:16:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
roxmewild

All my sentiments rolled up in 1 post
Jezzabelle Captain of The Dog;s Do Dahs ;)

I used to enjoy the challenge of bettering my puzzling skills to maybe one day obtaining an Ultimate ranking!

Ahh those were the days now I settle for mediocricy cause botters have taken over :(
[Oct 19, 2017 2:19:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crickket

Thanks. Well I am committed to playing on Meridian still. It's so sad to see everyone has left to Obsidian.

I'll be around supporting businesses as much as I can ordering things. Who knows maybe....maybe the ocean might come back? Maybe we'll gain 200 players?

Crikket
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Crickket at Oct 21, 2017 8:57:33 AM]
[Oct 21, 2017 8:57:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cameo9

Honestly, I think that the game, and this Ocean could be saved.

It would take some work from the Devs, but fixing the Dubloon exchange, would be a good first step to getting old timers back.

I think if that's not something they're interested in, then allow Pirate transfers. It'd be like a server transfer in any other MMO. It can cost money, but you and all your things come with you, you just get to change your name if someone already has yours on that server. I've been playing on and off for like 11 years, I really don't want to start over again. I doubt anyone else wants to either. OH! or you can transfer your current Pirate to Dark Seas (with all your stuff, for a fee) and you get some limited edition something or other. MMO's in the big leagues do that all the time. While YPP doesn't hold a candle to many of the big league MMO's, there are still ways that they can compete. I'd say that we're rather worth the effort, we have all been around long enough for them to at least attempt to fight for us.
[Oct 30, 2017 9:39:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

or you can transfer your current Pirate to Dark Seas (with all your stuff, for a fee) and you get some limited edition something or other

While I doubt they would do this as the ocean is a "fresh start" by design. I would move my stuff from Emerald in a heart beat.

I think the real issue is that the game is the same on now 3 Oceans. While many of the pirates cross the servers, its still a horrible design as the player base can't support 3 different oceans. The question is what happens if they shut down 2 of them or offer a way to move, but I am starting to think that it is a hard decision that will need to be made or the game will just die off now. I thought Obsidian would be a great compromise in place of merger as everyone starts over but with Emerald still alive its pulled some players back from the new ocean.

Yes I know many would be upset and some would leave if they shut down Emerald and Meridian, Cerilian ought to go too. I would be frustrated but accept that its what is really needed to make the game work well. The game need numbers to be fun, or a revamp that makes it able to play alone such as quality bots so solo pillage are possible.
Filthyjake all oceans primary Cerulean
DUB FREE Ocean (Cerulean) Dub Scribe 42 dubs NO delivery FEES
SO/Parlor/Labor/SMH badge 39 dubs
You can play free to try it
[Oct 31, 2017 4:41:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Griffus8

Returning player here < So, the ocean is done for? Don't spend time and money into the game?
Makes no sense, if they will close it eventually?
[Nov 1, 2017 4:37:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

I doubt they'll actually close the server, if just to avoid having to handle people making a stink about spending real money on dubs and then having the server close. They can just let it die its own natural death to attrition since there is no reason whatsoever for new players to go there over Obsidian.

I'd love for them to try to find a way to actually close every server but Obsidian while taking care of the players on the other servers well enough that they'd stay playing on Obsidian.

Bringing all their stuff over would defeat the purpose of a 'fresh start' but as time goes by, the people who started fresh are racking up more than enough wealth to be competitive to people bringing over currency/items from older oceans, even if they just let them bring 100% over which they won't and shouldn't do.

But surely they can find ways to make it work without borking the economy of Obsidian or giving people some huge advantage out of the gate.

Lets say they figured out your net worth on-server in dubloons. So poe at the current exchange rate, ships and items etc etc at the current "value" converted into Emerald/Meridian dubloons, and then if you came over to Obsidian, while you couldn't bring anything with you (And they could almost certainly let you have like...one outfit, one ship and one familiar) maybe they set it up so you got like 20 dubs a month, every month, for the value of stuff you had on the old ocean.

It trickles in so you don't show up filthy rich, but it takes pressure off you needing to spend more money to restablish on a new server, while giving you few enough dubloons in a month that you still have motivation to continue playing actively.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Devonin at Nov 3, 2017 10:01:07 AM]
[Nov 3, 2017 9:56:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halloweeni2

If they closed all the servers on the game and kept Obsidian - It would probably signal the end for Puzzle Pirates as a whole. I can almost bet you, people on Meridian, Emerald, Cerulean, Opal, and Jade - Spend more than players on Obsidian combined. There is more established players on the current 'classic' oceans. I do not like the new ocean, the Faction thing does not entertain me one bit nor does the whole, PvP in the middle of wherever it is. I don't care that i can't take my items with me to another ocean - It's time and money spent and it's sad but we are not guaranteed to have the so called items we obtained on said ocean.
Do i think the game needs a lot of revamping on the 'classic' oceans yes, the releases like the Kraken put bandages on the player base from declining more.
Now as it has gotten more boring people are starting to leave again.

What I think should happen is, close the dead severs. Don't think much can be done for Opal and Jade because they are different language based servers so close them? They ended support for German OMs on Opal?

Meridian though close it. Allow the pirates to be merged into Emerald, but only the pirates and items. No Shoppes, Islands. Shut down the server and use parts of the server and make Emerald much stronger to hold the new player base. Then advertise on STEAM the 'Classic' ocean Emerald!

Cerulean is the subscriber ocean and they could use some new players, as well as advertisements to get people over there. 9.99 a month is not bad for Unlimited access for 30 days to me it's not anyways. Since you pay that much for dubs on Obsidian, or other games.

This game is old and outdated the graphics are 2D if they are that and the games today are so much more graphical. I know for a fact they can reboot this game, look at Runescape!? It was once failing quickly, and they revamped it and now look at it? Millions play on it!
No is never the answer. You have to try before, you can say No.
The new company small, perhaps it will always be small.
Advertising may help it become bigger, and better?
[Nov 3, 2017 4:48:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I don't know how much deader the oceans can get, I feel that if I had limited resources I would focus them, doing two things poorly isn't any good.

All in on one ocean, I don't really care which one but save the game as whole. Honestly I think Obsidian is the best bet as we saw number in the 800's and with the ability to use old LE ships design work is done. Let the oceans live for 5-10 years then shut them down and start over. Its way to lopsided for new players coming in after some have acquired extreme wealth.

Let people take what they learned and try to grow faster and bigger. They need to lower the needed poe to get started for new people who want to play for free but that is a different conversation. The game won't hit large numbers with 3k dubs, it grew very well with dubs around 1k from what I have heard.
[Nov 3, 2017 5:59:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halloweeni2

I don't know how much deader the oceans can get, I feel that if I had limited resources I would focus them, doing two things poorly isn't any good.

All in on one ocean, I don't really care which one but save the game as whole. Honestly I think Obsidian is the best bet as we saw number in the 800's and with the ability to use old LE ships design work is done. Let the oceans live for 5-10 years then shut them down and start over. Its way to lopsided for new players coming in after some have acquired extreme wealth.

Let people take what they learned and try to grow faster and bigger. They need to lower the needed poe to get started for new people who want to play for free but that is a different conversation. The game won't hit large numbers with 3k dubs, it grew very well with dubs around 1k from what I have heard.

This game has been dying since 2006. I started in 2006 and left and came back when Malachite was released and now im back again. In 2006, there was thousands and i mean thousands of players! Hunter, Sage, Viridian had 1K+ on each of them oceans alone. Midnight and Cobalt had 500+ on each ocean. This game has been slowly going down and it's very upsetting because this is a very fun and addicting game. I wish they'd work on bringing more people to this game. I thought about giving out papers with the game info when kid's came around for Trick or Treating, Just to see if they'd come and play the game haha.
I wish they'd drop 200 + players onto Cerulean, Meridian, and Emerald.

Im sure someone will say I made up on them numbers but i am telling you, there was players. The game was booming at those's times. Dubs were 600.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Halloweeni2 at Nov 6, 2017 2:52:45 PM]
[Nov 6, 2017 2:49:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

I can almost bet you, people on Meridian, Emerald, Cerulean, Opal, and Jade - Spend more than players on Obsidian combined.

[Citation Needed]

Every other server combined in its history yes. In the last two months? Not a chance, not the smallest tiniest chance.
[Nov 8, 2017 4:03:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I wish they'd work on bringing more people to this game.

They did they are located on Obsidian come join us.
[Nov 9, 2017 5:26:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates