• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
This topic has been viewed 8683 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Forculus
Developer

Pirates seeking Crews Reply to this Post

This is the thread where pirates looking for a crew can post notices for recruitment.
It will work best if everyone follows these simple posting guidelines:
  • Name of Pirate and usual gameplay times
  • Basic aims or interests in game (preferred faction, officer training, crew/flag voyages, etc.)
  • Relevant gameplay experience, puzzle standings, and other information

Please keep the thread bare of anything other than recruitment posts, and respond by PM or ingame to the pirate directly, rather than replying in this thread.

Old posts may be split out and sent to Davy Jones' Locker.
[Jun 23, 2017 12:09:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Re: Pirates seeking Crews Reply to this Post

Hello. I'm Keaze from Meridian.

I'd like to join the kool kids table. I like pandas and crafting while I queue up for hero league as a support main.
I have lots of relevant gameplay experience, lots of puzzle standings and lots of other information.

I'm an evening player. My bed time is 23:30 bri'ish time.
----------------------------------------
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keaze at Jun 24, 2017 3:10:19 AM]
[Jun 24, 2017 2:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Hi, I'm Princessmg, I usually play somewhat randomly through the afternoon to early morning in game time.
Leaning slightly more towards the Shadow Fleet but there's still plenty of potential to change my mind. I plan to mem the ocean and I enjoy SMHs.
~Princessmg~
[Jun 24, 2017 3:38:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mikipiki

- Pirate name's Mikipiki, haven't really played seriously in a few years. My main days were back on Viridian around 07-11ish, and then on and off a bit after that. Hoping to get back into it with the new ocean and a new start, never been at an ocean's beginning so should be interesting!

Experience
- SO Medium sized crews that were more relaxed and tried to help out new crewbies and simply have fun.
- Officer training and all that jazz (it isn't too difficult to be honest).
- FO/SO Large crews focused on pillies/flags that wanted to cade.
- Owned many IM's and weaveries back in the day.

I'd love to join a crew that has a group of veteran's and will want to get into the "higher" ends of the game e.g cading. But that are also friendly and easy going, enjoy the relaxed pilly and will looked to recruit new players from scratch and help them evolve.

Contact me on the forums as I'm not really in-game, just waiting for the new ocean to begin.

:)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mikipiki at Jun 25, 2017 7:22:47 AM]
[Jun 25, 2017 7:21:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spidey1200

Skuuli from Emerald

Uhh.. I like to rig, dnav, and rumble. Experience with tailor and distilleries, love a good support position.

Basically lookin for people that like to chat/talk all the time, also 'elite' pillies, ci's, you name it.
Skulli on Emerald
[Jun 30, 2017 1:26:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

FOR SAIL:

One old pirate, answers to the name Jakaubrey or Jak... sometimes. 12 pirate years old. Decent on most puzzles, put him on bilge if you want to sink. Often found staring blankly at the notice board on some island in Cerulean wondering where the hell everyone went. Odometer's busted so no clue how many leagues he's sailed. Smokes a lot and occasionally has a few leaks. Been everything from cabin boy to king. Governed a couple islands (if by govern you mean check the palace coffers to make sure it doesn't dust).

Mostly retired but still hangs around sometimes just to see what's going on and annoy a few people. Looking to try out this new fangled ocean and maybe make a few new friends. Best to look for him in game as he's too senile to remember to check for forum messages.
Jakaubrey
[Jun 30, 2017 7:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oraway

Ahoy, I'm Priestess, a greenie on this ocean but a long-time player.

I'm seeking a crew that wouldn't mind a player interested in light roleplay. I'm a priestess of the gods of the deeps and the goddesses of the waves, who'll occasionally bless ships before pillies or blockades, or comment about tying charms into the rigging. I am not seeking to become an officer at this time.

I don't have a faction preference.

My other account is Hypa on Emerald, and my best piracy puzzles are rigging, patching and bilging in that order.

Playtimes: evenings (GMT-6) and weekends, as I work a 9-5.
Hypa on the Emerald Ocean
Priestess on the Obsidian Ocean

Crews that tolerate RPers, please hit me up.
[Jul 4, 2017 3:19:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://darkersolstice.tumblr.com [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

My husband and I are looking for a crew/flag with a more mature (not talking about X-rated) playerbase and chat.

Name of Pirate and usual gameplay times: Empresstamar and Reveran. Frequently online between 8am-midnight since it's currently summer and I'm also on maternity leave.

Basic aims or interests in game (preferred faction, officer training, crew/flag voyages, etc.): Dark side is greatly preferred, although for the right crew we'd switch over. I'm comfortable providing officer training if needed. We'd both job on crew/flag voyages (extra points for vent/discord/skype calls during), and my husband enjoys running pillages and SMH of his own once or twice a week. If you guys blockade, we're happy to help out in any role necessary.

Relevant gameplay experience, puzzle standings, and other information: We've both been playing since 2005/2006. Our stats on Emerald Empresstamar - Reveran. Our stats on Obsidian Empresstamar - Reveran. Experienced in running/jobbing on atlantis, cit runs, HS, CI, elite pillages. Experience with blockades in these roles: nav, XO, quartermaster, JC, jobbing.

Send me a forum PM if you think your crew would be a good fit. :)
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Jul 11, 2017 3:02:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yeworst

Returning after a 6 year break, and looking for an active English speaking crew, am from the UK so a EU based crew would be preferred so that it's active in my evenings.

I'm not great at any puzzles anymore, but am open to learning and advice. Have my own sloop and an officer badge and hope to play around in the southern arch

In game name is Yeworst. I don't care which fraction, and I just want to get out on the seas and enjoy it.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Yeworst at Aug 8, 2017 6:35:02 AM]
[Aug 8, 2017 6:33:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I have reopened my search.

Hard Working Pirate Seeks A New Crew to make a go of this new Ocean .

What I am looking for:
*EVEN pay 80% or higher. (open to discuss jobbers delight at 85% or higher)
*Reciprocity (we all like to drive sometimes or need a hand)
*Rank SO preferably someone building a new crew.

What I offer
*I love to help move stock
*I can chart most of the ocean have all the Inter aches done just a few small runs left
*I have my own ships, and shops.
*I have good understanding of the game.
*I have have some skills
*Knowledge of most things pillaging and shop-keeping.
*4 years steady play have ducked to alts in past to be left alone
*Addicted Play most evenings and weekends and any days off CST

What I enjoy
*Pillaging Port to Port 5-10 battles
*Sailing long routes moving stock
*Most of the puzzles
*Occasional chats, would attend crew events/flag events
*Blockaiding
*PVP's well not sure here but did in the other oceans

What I don't like
*Huge ego's
*Crew Infighting/Arguing take to tells or meet with SO/Captain in private.
*Not embracing the crew as a whole, If someone is out don't try and load another ship unless its agreed on, rather then that join theirs.
*Never ending runs
*Not keeping word "porting then 3 battles later....."
*Nagging/lack of respect, I can chart or help doesn't mean I should stop what I am doing to help. Again I don't mind but if I am busy be patient or find someone else.
*Demands, its a game real life has enough stress this is my escape.
*Short runs resting my puzzle, I'm not an elitist but I like having good stats.
*Expecting me to move stations cause I am a crew mate. I don't gun.
*BEGGING or Borrowing go work, if I see it in crew chat Ill be gone if i get tell i mute.

Weakness
*I don't play a good social game, working on it, but I like to get away and play
*I often ignore chat
*Whistles I hate Whistles Once is enough.
*Currently Playing Obsidian, Emerald and Cerulean.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Sep 23, 2017 11:08:10 AM]
[Sep 9, 2017 7:17:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dreadnor

Looking for An Adult Crew

Pirate Name: Honour

Here is a list of what I require:

* I'm over 30, expecting a crew of 30+ (or young adults)
* Honest pay for honest work (I know that we're pirates but hey!)
* A teaching hand, I never properly learned how to sail me own ship, someone to
show me the ropes
* Possible rank in the future, I know this is up to me but if you are a close knit community of old friends & plan to NEVER add O/SO or add good contributors into politics, then I think I'll pass
* I hate crew/flag hopping, a crew to stay and bond.

What can I offer you?

* Positive, adult attitude; absolutely no drama here
* Good sailor, ok carpenter, terrible bilger
* Likes labor puzzles
* Have a blacksmith, plan to open shipwright. Wares on a discount for crew members
* Just opened a shop on Night Harb but can join Defiant as well, no prob.

Usual online schedule:
anytime between 18:00 - 23:00 UTC
5-6 days a week
Honour on Obsidian
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Dreadnor at Sep 26, 2017 9:10:43 AM]
[Sep 26, 2017 1:45:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Theorize

Decided not to look for a crew at the moment.

Old player returning to YPP looking for a buddy/crew to show me the ropes and help reacquaint me with the game.

Pirate Name: Theorize

What I'm looking for:
* Mature crew (I'm 30+ years old)
* I've never played a doubloon ocean, so I'm unsure what to spend them on etc so needing help there for sure
* A teaching hand - a lot of the puzzles have changed and most are new to me, I need tips, pointers etc and some understanding that I'm not perfect as I'm learning.

My skills:
* Absolutely love the gun and duty nav puzzles
* Ok at carp, ok at bilge, terrible at sails (patching/rigging unlearnt)
* Great at memming - have Cerulean (including extinct points) - wanting to get Obsidian eventually
* I'll never leave during a battle/voyage without notice and I know how to
* The only semi-decent labor puzzle I know is shipwright
* Patient, hardworking, loyal

Usual online schedule:
Varies - I'm from New Zealand so online at random times and days due to part time work.

Theorize - Midnight Cerulean Obsidian Ocean

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Theorize at Oct 16, 2017 1:40:05 PM]
[Oct 4, 2017 6:04:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Old player returning to YPP looking for other old people so I don't feel like I'm completely surrounded by strangers

Pirate Name: Devonin

What I'm looking for

• Mature Crew (We seem to all be)
  • Active chat and interesting discussions
  • Somewhat regular pillage opportunities
  • People who still say 'pillage' and not 'pilly'
  • Late evenings EST

My Skills

• Reasonably competent at pretty much every puzzle
  • Not at all expert at ANY puzzle (sorry)
  • Willing to play whichever puzzles are needed
  • At one point I knew a LOT about this game, it'll probably mostly come back
  • Charming all-pink ensemble
  • Basically just a reliable source of fine/good at whatever you want

Usual Online Time
10:30pm - 2:00am EST Wednesdays through Sundays
Pretty much whenever Mondays and Tuesdays
[Oct 4, 2017 8:25:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mom2twinzz

Name of Pirate and usual gameplay times
Basic aims or interests in game (preferred faction, officer training, crew/flag voyages, etc.)
Relevant gameplay experience, puzzle standings, and other information

Mature player looking for crew:

Me: laladipiti
Strengths: Bildging, willing to spend long hours on ship, older player, not into drama, and played back in the days of Sage.
Weaknesses: I am still trying to remember how to play a lot of the puzzles so pretty weak in carpentry.
Interests: Just playing with a group of people - no real goals at this time besides having fun
Playing times: 8pm to 11pm most nights, all day on Sundays, and occasionally during the day when I am off work.

You:
Mainly adult crew, not that I have issues with youngsters, but irl I am not a youngster anymore.
[Oct 15, 2017 8:20:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

who wants me?
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Dec 13, 2017 7:52:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

who wants me?

You back? ;)
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Dec 13, 2017 11:42:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
UMhurricane

Returning player looking to get back into the game. Send a tell to Clamjam if your crew has room for one more active player.
Clamjam on Obsidian
[Jan 28, 2018 4:09:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Looking for a PVP heavy crew, one that enjoys the fight and comes together to defend one and other and attacking others.

Preferences

Pay 90% Even

Size Med

Kade activity doesn't matter

Faction Doesn't matter

Ultimately looking for a crew to help that will return the favor when I need a hand.

Adult acting crew (age is less important then the actions).
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Jan 29, 2018 3:00:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Funnytuq

looking for a crew heavily engaged in PvP activities, don't care which faction, flag, etc
Bloonz on Malachite Emerald Obsidian heh
[Jan 30, 2018 9:58:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

Thinking about playing on obsidian and looking for a crew/flag that wants to blockade at least a couple times a month.
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Mar 2, 2018 8:25:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates