• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4183 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Ravenwings2

meridian ocean Reply to this Post

if you close down meridian what will happen to the pirates and their items that they have there?
[May 15, 2017 4:18:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: meridian ocean Reply to this Post

if you close down meridian what will happen to the pirates and their items that they have there?

They aren't going to shutdown meridian, or any othe ocean. They still have Opal and Jade after all.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 15, 2017 4:39:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

They aren't going to shutdown meridian, or any othe ocean. They still have Opal and Jade after all.

Don't you think that "empty" server space would come in handy for Obsidian?
Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[May 15, 2017 5:16:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

No. Server space is *CHEAP*. What costs money is development and OM wages. The additional costs of keeping Meridian around as long as there are other oceans for for OMs to work on is probably a few hundred dollars a month at most. This is why Jade/Opal haven't been shut down. (Crimson required regular development costs, so it was shut down.)

Shutting down all oceans? That has a slight chance, but that is probably at least 5 years way from now, maybe much longer.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 15, 2017 5:53:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

No. Server space is *CHEAP*. What costs money is development and OM wages. The additional costs of keeping Meridian around as long as there are other oceans for for OMs to work on is probably a few hundred dollars a month at most. This is why Jade/Opal haven't been shut down. (Crimson required regular development costs, so it was shut down.)

Shutting down all oceans? That has a slight chance, but that is probably at least 5 years way from now, maybe much longer.

I was talking about both Jade and Opal as these oceans have language barriers and are incredibly dead - and I can't see GH reviving them.
Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[May 16, 2017 9:41:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I was talking about both Jade and Opal as these oceans have language barriers and are incredibly dead - and I can't see GH reviving them.

Those oceans also have the oldest servers. They wouldn't cut it for Obsidian.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[May 16, 2017 11:13:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tracysp

If meridian closed I hope they can transfer the account to Emerald. Been playing for quite long time in Meridian, and Meridian nowadays only has lower than 50 pirates online. I guess all people going to Emerald already...
[Jun 10, 2017 2:56:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates