• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3181 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Coleg32

Sailing Question Reply to this Post

Quick question as a returning player getting back in shape for Dark Seas! Played the game years ago and coming back I've taken it upon myself to finally really give learning puzzle strategy a go. I've been sailing with Navy (I kick all the sailers off so the ship goes slow) on Emerald recently in my spare time, consistently getting excellents minus the inital league yet my rank stays at distinguished. I go for donkey combos and get the occasional vegas that clears all the objectives and ends the board.. I was wondering if there was a reason for my rank staying at distinguished or if there was a better way to than the navy to get past distinguished. I was master on meridian but played for quick triples or bingos instead of the large board clearing combos.

Any advice is really welcome!
Thanks!

Coleg
[May 11, 2017 2:10:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Sailing Question Reply to this Post

I was wondering if there was a reason for my rank staying at distinguished or if there was a better way to than the navy to get past distinguished. I was master on meridian but played for quick triples or bingos instead of the large board clearing combos.

The game averages your score over many sessions, so it can take a while for your average to increase up to your real level. On the plus side, if you mess up a couple of sessions, it takes a while for your rank to drop. My understanding is that the number of puzzling sessions that are averaged depends on your experience in a puzzle, so early on, your rank should go up and down much quicker.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 11, 2017 2:35:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Coleg32

Re: Sailing Question Reply to this Post

I was wondering if there was a reason for my rank staying at distinguished or if there was a better way to than the navy to get past distinguished. I was master on meridian but played for quick triples or bingos instead of the large board clearing combos.

The game averages your score over many sessions, so it can take a while for your average to increase up to your real level. On the plus side, if you mess up a couple of sessions, it takes a while for your rank to drop. My understanding is that the number of puzzling sessions that are averaged depends on your experience in a puzzle, so early on, your rank should go up and down much quicker.

Ah makes more sense! Appreciate the input
[May 11, 2017 3:04:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates