• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3622 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
raymondbaker

Rum Calculator per league tool Reply to this Post

I remember, a few years ago, using some sort of tool to calculate how much rum/grog/swill I would need for the amount of Leagues I'm sailing.

I was looking to use it earlier but I can't remember the name of this tool and can't seem to find it anywhere (not even in 3rd party tools or defunct 3rd party tools.) Anyone able to help to me out with the name and maybe a link?

Thank ye
----------------------------------------
Steveb Drunken Captain of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian)
[May 6, 2017 3:19:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Re: Rum Calculator per league tool Reply to this Post

I have a feeling what you are after was part of QuarterMaster which is now defunct (and in the list of defunct 3rd parties on Yppedia). However if you know how much rum you will need http://ouroborus.org/Y!PP/calc/ can convert that into swill or grog for you and give you the best price.
~Princessmg~
[May 6, 2017 4:09:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

I have a feeling what you are after was part of QuarterMaster which is now defunct (and in the list of defunct 3rd parties on Yppedia). However if you know how much rum you will need http://ouroborus.org/Y!PP/calc/ can convert that into swill or grog for you and give you the best price.

I still have a half-working copy of Quartermaster, the voyage planner on there calculate how much you need based on length of voyage in minutes :/
Steveb Drunken Captain of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian)
[May 6, 2017 5:20:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I have a feeling what you are after was part of QuarterMaster

I still have a half-working copy of Quartermaster, the voyage planner on there calculate how much you need based on length of voyage in minutes :/

the speed between league points is found on the ship (performance) page of the yppedia. Remember that horizontal distances are sqrt(2)=1.414 times as long as the diagonals.

Booze is consumed on a per-time basis, so that is going to be much more accurate. You'll have to guess about how long it is going to take you to get up to speed and such.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 6, 2017 5:29:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates