• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3483 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
KoshMom

Returning pirate - move items from store to ship? Reply to this Post

I was a very active subscriber on Cerulean (Midnight before that) years back. Heck, I was around during the Beta of YPP! I haven't played in a bit, but came back today (May Day) to check on my shops, etc. I've been doing that about every month or so, to see if any of my hearties have logged in, keep my shops active, move some items about, etc.

Today not only have I lost a weavery stall (my own problem, I know - sad) but I cannot move items out of my shops onto my own ships! Yes, my subscription has lapsed, but I still hold the deeds to both the shops and the ships. I have many items on ships that I have used for offsite storage for a while now (and have done well for me since I had mostly emptied that lost weavery's stock onto a ship, so I didn't lose much). I need to move other merchandice onto ships! Heck, what if I want to move it to another island to sell?

For the longest time I could, as a past subscriber, move a sloop or cutter alone to another island to try to keep the game alive. But if I cannot put grog or rum onto a ship, I can't even play the game!

help!
----------------------------------------
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[May 1, 2017 8:15:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Re: Returning pirate - move items from store to ship? Reply to this Post

Yppedia - Hold

As far as I can tell, you should be able to move items to/from your ships/shoppes.

Are you sure your transferring to the correct ship, That you own the ship and shop on the same pirate, etc.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at May 1, 2017 11:35:50 AM]
[May 1, 2017 11:34:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I was a very active subscriber on Cerulean (Midnight before that) years back. Heck, I was around during the Beta of YPP! I haven't played in a bit, but came back today (May Day) to check on my shops, etc. I've been doing that about every month or so, to see if any of my hearties have logged in, keep my shops active, move some items about, etc.

Today not only have I lost a weavery stall (my own problem, I know - sad) but I cannot move items out of my shops onto my own ships! Yes, my subscription has lapsed, but I still hold the deeds to both the shops and the ships. I have many items on ships that I have used for offsite storage for a while now (and have done well for me since I had mostly emptied that lost weavery's stock onto a ship, so I didn't lose much). I need to move other merchandice onto ships! Heck, what if I want to move it to another island to sell?

For the longest time I could, as a past subscriber, move a sloop or cutter alone to another island to try to keep the game alive. But if I cannot put grog or rum onto a ship, I can't even play the game!

help!

You have to be a subscriber to be able to move things into a hold or to sail a ship.

Even says it on the yppedia page that Cptnronen linked:
yppedia wrote: 
A ship's hold has several rules governing who may access it. Note that on a doubloon ocean, a badge as well as the rank is required to grant the permissions of that crew rank. On a subscriber ocean, both the rank and a subscription are required.

#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at May 1, 2017 11:43:05 AM]
[May 1, 2017 11:42:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

You have to be a subscriber to be able to move things into a hold or to sail a ship.

yppedia wrote: 
A ship's hold has several rules governing who may access it. Note that on a doubloon ocean, a badge as well as the rank is required to grant the permissions of that crew rank. On a subscriber ocean, both the rank and a subscription are required.

True, but this :

A ship owner without officer privileges inherits the hold privileges of anyone aboard the ship. Additionally, they can deposit and withdraw PoE into the ship coffers, and can transfer commodities away from the hold, but cannot access the "trade commodities" screen. Furthermore, they cannot access the "market bidding" screen.

...?

Yay for confusing rules!
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at May 1, 2017 12:00:16 PM]
[May 1, 2017 11:59:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

How long ago did this rule change? For years now (at least 2-3 years) I was able to transfer things between shops/stalls I own and ships I hold the deed to. Heck, I recall charting courses on ships I owned.

I can't believe that YPP has decided to remove the capabilities from shop/stall owners that allow the game to continue!
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[May 1, 2017 12:58:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I wouldn't trust the yppedia to be exactly accurate and up to date on this kind of thing.

My memory of this is that long ago, you used to be able to move stuff to/from shops to ships if you were the store owner or manager, and the owner of a ship. Then OOO made a series of tweaks to how things worked with badges so that you couldn't get by without buying badges, or the correct level of badge in order to do things. At the same time, things tightened up for subscribers. For a fairly short while, a deed owner could transfer stuff from ships to stores, but you could not transfer stuff from stores to ships. Then both directions were "fixed" so that you had to be a subscriber to do stuff with ship holds. I think this was also around the time when charting was changed.

I have looked at the release notes and I can't find the exact date that this changed. If I remember correctly, OOO was very vague about exactly what they changed, but if you had depended on having an unsubbed alt to help manage your stores like I did, OOO's meaning was clear.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the other tread, this had to have been at least 5 years ago.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 1, 2017 1:03:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Cptnronen wrote: 

yppedia wrote: 

True, but this :

A ship owner without officer privileges inherits the hold privileges of anyone aboard the ship. Additionally, they can deposit and withdraw PoE into the ship coffers, and can transfer commodities away from the hold, but cannot access the "trade commodities" screen. Furthermore, they cannot access the "market bidding" screen.

...?

Yay for confusing rules!

Still have to be a proper badge holder/subscriber. "Without officer privileges" means if you've been demoted to pirate/cabin person, there are still permissions you have on your ship.

Avasta wrote: 
How long ago did this rule change? For years now (at least 2-3 years) I was able to transfer things between shops/stalls I own and ships I hold the deed to. Heck, I recall charting courses on ships I owned.

I can't believe that YPP has decided to remove the capabilities from shop/stall owners that allow the game to continue!

Removing capabilities from unsubbed players/alts is not a bad thing.

Algol wrote: 
I wouldn't trust the yppedia to be exactly accurate and up to date on this kind of thing.

Agreed, but even the rest of your text following this statement supports exactly what yppedia says, so....
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[May 1, 2017 3:17:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Ok.

Have you checked the hold of the ship you are trying to move the goods into? Is it full? Because if you are trying to transfer more goods into an already full ship, nothing will happen.

Or perhaps there will be a note somewhere near the bottom of the screen saying your ship is full that you might not have noticed.
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[May 1, 2017 7:22:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates