• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2728 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
ak62

Gold Boxes and Dub Prices Reply to this Post

I wasn't really sure which thread to post this in so I'm just going to post this here. If this is not the right thread please just direct me to the right one.

For months now, people have been complaining that dub prices have been getting too high on both Meridian and Emerald. We see dub prices go on a bit of a rise every other month when gold boxes come out. I think that a simple solution to the dub prices rising would be to change the price of Gold Boxes from 12 dubs each to the Cerulean equivalent of 25k each.
----------------------------------------
Camouflages - Meridian/Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by ak62 at Apr 21, 2017 7:47:43 PM]
[Apr 21, 2017 7:43:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Malificentt

Re: Gold Boxes and Dub Prices Reply to this Post

I think that is one of the best suggestions I have heard in a long time!
~*~Malificent~*~
Queen of Infamous
Princess of Lion's Bane
[Apr 21, 2017 7:49:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I would love to see this happen. Y!PP isn't owned by Sega any more, fortunately. While the developers and ocean masters still need to be paid, did gold boxes actually bring in more real-life money? It struck me that almost all the people getting into them were purchasing their dubs off the exchange, with the net result of simply shifting where the dubs got spent from other areas to the gold boxes.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Apr 21, 2017 8:21:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

I would love to see this happen. Y!PP isn't owned by Sega any more, fortunately. While the developers and ocean masters still need to be paid, did gold boxes actually bring in more real-life money? It struck me that almost all the people getting into them were purchasing their dubs off the exchange, with the net result of simply shifting where the dubs got spent from other areas to the gold boxes.

Every pirate has a minimum doubloon expense that covers parlor/bravery/labor badges, clothes or equipment (swords/bludgeons).

If these are covered and people have money to spare they either tend to sink money most likely into higher tier goods such as ships, furniture or even familiars.

Should everything be saturated there really is no need to hold onto your PoE and given that Gold boxes are only available for a period of 10 days on specific months (specifically, in February, April, June, August, October, and December) why shouldn't they test their luck? Every Gold box contains a special seasonal color on top of it.

Its similar to Limited Edition boxes. It really is not a money shift but rather an incentive to spend money on these very limited items.

Edit: And there are many people that specifically buy doubloons for cash to unbox them (similar to the monthly LE boxes).

And as long as people spend doubloons (even something addictive as boxes) its good for the game :-)
Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alstroemeria at Apr 21, 2017 8:40:43 PM]
[Apr 21, 2017 8:36:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

This suggestion won't ever happen simply because people buying found is what keeps the game running.
Robyns
<3
[Apr 22, 2017 12:42:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Hey, great idea! I'll back it gladly haha. Perhaps it won't be reduced all the way to the 25k seen in Cerulean, as most prices are just higher on the dub ocean, but a slightly lower price would be great.

Alongside a few others who have much more money than I, some of us give away a lot of basic stuff to help folks get into the game and stay around a bit, but I'm just too poor T^T With hardly any money to spare to pour into the game, I'm stuck with getting dubs only every couple months, when I spend over 70 a month, 40 of them going to sloops for the sloop giveaways that I no longer get many donations for. When you also consider that I love to play on Cerulean alongside all of this and it takes 42 dubs to dubscribe when I can't pay for the subscription for the month...

That's 369k poe at 3.2k per dub, or $30 real life dollars a month. I'm too busy paying for all my dub fees to even buy the fun stuff or play on Cerulean as much as I'd like...
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Apr 24, 2017 5:08:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingerr1

Would the dub prices change if we implement an option that you can also buy Gold Boxes with poe?
Not fixed amount, it would use the same program that is used in dub exchange, so if dubs are 3k GB would me worth 36k if dubs are 3.5k it would be 42k and so on.
[Aug 4, 2018 5:31:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Would the dub prices change if we implement an option that you can also buy Gold Boxes with poe?
Not fixed amount, it would use the same program that is used in dub exchange, so if dubs are 3k GB would me worth 36k if dubs are 3.5k it would be 42k and so on.

Black boxes do this.
[Aug 4, 2018 7:49:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingerr1

Black boxes do this.

That is what black boxes are supposed to do, but does it work if no one buys them, if i am wrong and people actually buy them then they are not doing what are they supposed to do.
[Aug 4, 2018 2:36:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

That is what black boxes are supposed to do, but does it work if no one buys them, if i am wrong and people actually buy them then they are not doing what are they supposed to do.

Each skeletal parrot you see is the equivalent of 50m sunk in black boxes, people definitely buy them
Jjc on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Aug 5, 2018 1:55:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lady_maeror

Each skeletal parrot you see is the equivalent of 50m sunk in black boxes, people definitely buy them

Too bad on Obsidian they don't sell for that much.
Aeyelle of the Viridian Meridian Ocean
Arianne of the Obsidian Ocean
[Aug 5, 2018 2:56:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

It's so sad how much they sell for its why I still have mine
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[Aug 5, 2018 4:59:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

If the only thing anyone cared for in the black boxes were skeletal parrots, they would sell for that much. However, people value a lot of other things too, and if they get a skeletal parrot, that's just a bonus.

Still, Jc's point is correct: To get a skeletal parrot, you need to sink, on average, 50M PoE in black boxes.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 7, 2018 6:14:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates