• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3056 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Captheart333

whats the best way to earn money? Reply to this Post

hey all I'm new am wondering whats the best way to earn money?
[Mar 28, 2017 6:28:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: whats the best way to earn money? Reply to this Post

hey all I'm new am wondering whats the best way to earn money?

two things:

1) find puzzles that you enjoy

2) don't worry about mony (e.g Pieces of Eight aka PoE). If you are a reliable puzzler, you will get enough to do most of the games. Very little of the game *requires* you to earn much PoE, even fewer things can only be done with lots of PoE.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Mar 28, 2017 6:49:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

If you are on a subscriber ocean, the best-paying voyage would be Kraken Hunts, a Sea Monster Hunt. For Doubloon oceans, same thing, but you would need a Bravery Badge. They cost 5 Dubs, which can be bought with real money, or with a variable amount of Pieces of Eights, depending on whether you are on Meridian Ocean or Emerald Ocean. For getting PoE, one would first have to join Pillages, job with the Navy, or do Crafting puzzles on free days. After a bit, you can get enough for that Bravery Badge and away ye go with clear sailing towards LOTS more PoE! Weeeee!

P.s. Any more questions, hit me up on Cerulean Ocean with /tell Gunnerfreak (message), Meridian Ocean with /tell Gunnergunner (message), or Emerald Ocean with /tell Gunnerfreak-East (message).

(Sniped by wrs1864b, but lots more information for playing. :P )
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Mar 28, 2017 6:55:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captheart333

thank ye fellow pirates! much appreciated! I got a ship and I seam to make good money pillaging but I'm wondering do you make more running a pilly or working for one?
[Mar 28, 2017 3:33:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Captheart333 wrote: 
thank ye fellow pirates! much appreciated! I got a ship and I seam to make good money pillaging but I'm wondering do you make more running a pilly or working for one?

Depends on what type of Pillage ye be doing. Personally, I prefer the Greedy Pillagers. I can trade in the Trinkets obtained for even more extra PoE. And the more pirates aboard and the more wins than losses, the more PoE is racked up.

Also, jobbing for those with Jobber's Delight shares is better than jobbing for those of any other shares. That said, running the Pillage yourself is more profitable, since you're able to sell the Commodities won.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Mar 28, 2017 5:29:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates