• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2367 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Imakuni

Pieces stuck in distilling Reply to this Post

What's the best thing to do when a black or brown piece is stuck in between two spice pieces in distilling? Should I ignore it or split the whites into two groups?
----------------------------------------
Ayano on Cerulean
Kayoko on Meridian
[Feb 28, 2017 1:47:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Re: Pieces stuck in distilling Reply to this Post

Imakuni wrote: 
What's the best thing to do when a black or brown piece is stuck in between two spice pieces in distilling? Should I ignore it or split the whites into two groups?

Groups of whites are what you want to go for. While I'm in need of more practicing, my advice would be to ignore spices and move the whites to the left side as well as you can. There's a simulator on DaChimpy for distilling, although it doesn't have spices to practice with. At least you'll be able to practice without worrying about the timer.

ETA: once you have several columns of whites, you can start working whites from the left side to the right to increase your Crystal Clear chain as much as possible. (Yes, I'm aware my own Distilling stats suck, but I've been playing YPP for almost 6.5 years. More than enough time to learn the ropes for practically everything. :P)
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Gunnerfreak at Feb 28, 2017 3:59:08 AM]
[Feb 28, 2017 3:47:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Burn it while still getting the longest CC chain you still can (better to get CC9+CC3 or CC3+CC9 than CC6+CC6).

Then drown your sorrows in the lousy rum you just made.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Mar 1, 2017 2:40:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

sweetnessc wrote: 
Burn it while still getting the longest CC chain you still can (better to get CC9+CC3 or CC3+CC9 than CC6+CC6).

Then drown your sorrows in the lousy rum you just made.

That works, too, from tutorials I've seen. Lol.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Mar 1, 2017 3:27:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates