• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8586 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
Gunnerfreak

Recent Ice Releases. Reply to this Post

With regards to this, I have a suggestion. For the YoWeb view, maybe include a link to the governor's pirate page?
Edits 1 & 2: Changed title.
----------------------------------------
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Gunnerfreak at Feb 22, 2017 8:48:26 AM]
[Feb 10, 2017 11:41:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Re: Release: 08-02-2017 Reply to this Post

Good idea, I'll include that in the next Ice update.
[Feb 10, 2017 2:04:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

while you're cooking that, is there a way to get to island info more easily? i had to dig about and focus to find the new list, other than from NB news. what if i'm on an uncolonized island and like it there, without any idea of flag or governor names? the cade or island tabs seem like a natural place to look.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Feb 10, 2017 5:38:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Forculus wrote: 
Good idea, I'll include that in the next Ice update.

*gasps*
He liked the suggestion! Yay! Thanks! Lol.

saintdiana wrote: 
while you're cooking that, is there a way to get to island info more easily? i had to dig about and focus to find the new list, other than from NB news. what if i'm on an uncolonized island and like it there, without any idea of flag or governor names? the cade or island tabs seem like a natural place to look.

That sounds good, too!
[Feb 10, 2017 8:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

With regards to this, I have a suggestion. For the YoWeb view, maybe include a link to the governor's pirate page?

According to the release notes, "Adding a link on YoWeb island pages to see a full list of Colonized Islands."

While it doesn't happen often, if a flag owns an island, and the flag disbands, leaving the island without an owner, yoweb used to claim that the island no longer could be found. For example, see the thread Eieio and Winking Wall are now uncolonized

Oh, it would also be nice if the island tax rate was given. It isn't a value that can be easily and accurately found, especially on islands with populations below 250.

It would also be nice if yoweb listed all the current/recent blockades like the notice board.

Oh, and it would be nice if the yoweb tax page listed all commodities, including things like "pink paint" that can be used when making bludgeons, but isn't currently listed, along with things like "large cannon balls" which currently isn't used in making any product, but which the game currently knows a tax rate. I've always found it weird that pink paint isn't listed, but the paint used in LE ships will be temporarily listed.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Feb 11, 2017 6:31:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

+1 on the Tax rate info! That'd be useful!
[Feb 11, 2017 7:23:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Release: 13-02-2017 Reply to this Post

Gunnerfreak wrote: 
+1 on the Tax rate info! That'd be useful!

Bump.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand they added the Tax Rate info as well as links to the Governor! Yay!
[Feb 13, 2017 11:31:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

Re: Release: 13-02-2017 Reply to this Post

i think there should be a little bit more distance between Apply for citizenship and Colonized islands, similar to NB and Go home.

ordered the new sloop, but there's a big ship before it. working on that, i was wondering.. why isn't there a slider bar for the orders section? unless it adds to lag in shops with too many orders.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Feb 17, 2017 6:09:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

saintdiana wrote: 
why isn't there a slider bar for the orders section? unless it adds to lag in shops with too many orders.

Ugh, that is a good question.... o.O I'd been wondering the same thing... I doubt that being able to view orders would cause lag, though...
[Feb 17, 2017 6:48:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

It would also be nice if yoweb listed all the current/recent blockades like the notice board.

So much yes, please and thank you.
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Feb 18, 2017 1:19:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

the new sloop is all right, all the stations present and functional. i love that some of the woodwork seems bleached, and that there are no props to trash. the only concern is about the icon, that + creates expectations of extra advantages compared to the other sloop(s).
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Feb 22, 2017 7:42:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Forgive this silly question but... what do you mean by slider bar?
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Feb 22, 2017 9:00:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

scroll bar. something allowing to view all the orders while in the puzzle, not just the 3 you can apply labour to just then.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Feb 22, 2017 10:10:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Ah I see. Hmm...

Well, I'm only guessing here but I suppose it has something to do with what you mentioned as "lag". And by "lag", I don't mean your screen/computer freezing up as Gunner might have imagined(?).

I'm guessing (someone who knows better please confirm or correct this accordingly) that those 3 orders you can see are meant to be the only ones you can work on. They are priority in the sense that the first (3) orders in line are served first.

For instance, if there are ten items ordered, each order requiring 5 basic, 3 skilled, and 2 expert labor. Three of these are visible to you and therefore are orders that labor can be applied to. The remaining seven orders will have to wait until one or more of these first 3 orders are completed before being started on.

So, assuming there is no reserved labor available for this example, and say, the (sole) laborer produces expert labor with each session...
the labor completed will be in the following order: 2 expert labor (order #1), 2 expert labor (order #2), 2 expert labor (order #3), 3 expert labor downgraded to skilled (order #1), 3 expert labor downgraded to skilled (order #2), 3 expert labor downgraded to skilled (order #3), 5 expert labor downgraded to basic (order #1), ...
at this point order #1 will be completed, removed from the screen, and order #4 will be shown at the bottom...
so continues as: 2 expert labor (order #4), 3 expert labor downgraded to skilled (order #4), 5 expert labor downgraded to basic (order #2), ...
at this point order #2 will be completed, removed from the screen, and order #5 will be shown at the bottom...
so continues as: 2 expert labor (order #5), 3 expert labor downgraded to skilled (order #5), 5 expert labor downgraded to basic (order #3), ...
and so on.

In this way, the first orders will be completed more quickly than if all those expert labors will be applied to all 10 orders first before it is downgraded to fill all their skilled, and then all their basic labor requirements.

I hope that made sense. =P This example is simplified already as it is. xD

That is my guess. xD
Opsat on all oceans.
[Feb 23, 2017 2:46:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Yeah, I kinda figured that lately. I have a dozen Sloop Mark II on order on Ice and only two are being worked on. Lol
[Feb 23, 2017 3:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

i meant lag in the way when you open up any order interface even on shatter, you have to wait until it finds out who has what. if i've ordered, as stall owner, a ridiculous number of whisk potions, whoever is kind enough to play the puzzle in my store doesn't need to wait for the list to load or change dramatically if a customer out in the hallway is adding their own similar number of potions. it might seem to answer my own question, but i couldn't imagine the relative difference between stock computing across stalls and a list that's going to be limited by convenience. as for priority, i may be wrong, but i sincerely doubt labour application depends on what can be literally seen >.>
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Feb 23, 2017 3:35:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

If that is what you meant by lag, then that's not what I meant, which is why I said "lag" with quotations.

What you described seems to be lag in the freezing screen sense. =P

I won't call it "lag" anymore to avoid confusion. ;)

but i couldn't imagine the relative difference between stock computing across stalls and a list that's going to be limited by convenience

I don't understand what you mean by this... ?

as for priority, i may be wrong, but i sincerely doubt labour application depends on what can be literally seen

Well, as it seems to me (like I described), that is precisely why there is no scroll bar. Because the only orders that labor can be applied to are the first 3 (or so) orders in the queue. So therefore, yeah, labor is applied only to those you can literally see. =P

Someone, anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.
Opsat on all oceans.
[Feb 23, 2017 6:08:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

the questions aren't for you, but for someone who can see inside the game. to explain those quotes, however, one means if there would be noticeable lag, the other that i don't suppose the line of code actually reads "look in screen, apply to what can be seen". there has to be a coded way to prioritise the first 3 orders no matter how many a puny pirate can eyeball. and why all this fuss? because most people are customers, not owners, and 10 orders before yours doesn't say much. they could be grand frigates or gaffs.
p.s. am i too old and remember discussions from when labour reserve was introduced? how it all gets applied was no news to me..
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Feb 23, 2017 6:21:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Opsat wrote: 
saintdiana wrote: 
as for priority, i may be wrong, but i sincerely doubt labour application depends on what can be literally seen

Well, as it seems to me (like I described), that is precisely why there is no scroll bar. Because the only orders that labor can be applied to are the first 3 (or so) orders in the queue. So therefore, yeah, labor is applied only to those you can literally see. =P

Someone, anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. As I said, I have 12 Mark II Sloops on order on Ice and last I checked, only 2 were being worked on. The other 10 have not had any Labour applied to them and there are only 13 orders at the SY on Fort Royal.

So, yeah. Labour is applied to the earliest order(s). First come, first serve.
[Feb 23, 2017 6:22:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

So, yeah. Labour is applied to the earliest order(s). First come, first serve.

Well... not necessarily. Hahaha. xD

My example above was already simplified as it is, like I said. =P In the sense that all orders had the same labor requirement, and all labor produced were expert.

But it's possible that earlier orders are not completed first. For example...

Let's say order #1 requires 5 basic labor, 3 skilled labor, and 2 expert labor; order #2 requires 5 basic labor only; and order #3 requires 2 basic labor, and 2 skilled labor.
Next in line (unseen at first) were: order #4 requiring 5 basic labor, 3 skilled labor, 2 expert labor; and order #5 requiring 5 basic labor only.
Let's also say that the (sole) laborer only (consistently) produced skilled labor and did not produce any expert labor.

Labor application will be as follows: 3 skilled labor (order #1), 2 skilled labor (order #3), 5 skilled labor downgraded to basic (order #1), 5 skilled labor downgraded to basic (order #2)...
at this point, order #2 is completed, removed, and order #4 is added below...
so continues as: 3 skilled labor (order #4), 2 skilled labor downgraded to basic (order #3)...
at this point, order #3 is completed, removed, and order #5 is added below...
so continues as: 5 skilled labor downgraded to basic (order #4), 5 skilled labor downgraded to basic (order #5).
at this point, order #5 is completed and removed.
Orders #1 and #4 remain until expert labor is provided.

I think. =P

This example is also still simplified in the sense that I kept the produced labor only 1 type (skilled), and did not consider the max labor per hour thing...
xD
Opsat on all oceans.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Opsat at Feb 23, 2017 7:12:08 AM]
[Feb 23, 2017 7:10:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

the questions aren't for you, but for someone who can see inside the game. to explain those quotes, however, one means if there would be noticeable lag, the other that i don't suppose the line of code actually reads "look in screen, apply to what can be seen". there has to be a coded way to prioritise the first 3 orders no matter how many a puny pirate can eyeball. and why all this fuss? because most people are customers, not owners, and 10 orders before yours doesn't say much. they could be grand frigates or gaffs.
p.s. am i too old and remember discussions from when labour reserve was introduced? how it all gets applied was no news to me..

Apologies. I was only trying to give some input while the ones you are hoping to get answers from haven't answer yet. ;)

Surely, the code doesn't specifically say "look in screen, etc." as you mentioned, but the output of the code as we see it (or as shown to us) is that way.
And, personally, I think it's a nice, simple way to show what's currently being worked on. ;)
Might be more stressful for the puny customer pirate to realize that there are 3 grand frigs (in addition to the currently being worked on 2 sloops and 1 cutter) that need to be finished before work can be started on his gaff. So much more 'ignorance is bliss' when all he needs to know is that the order interface said it will take n days for his gaff to be ready. =P

And again, apologies, if my ramblings add nothing new for you. Feel free to disregard them. =) They are for the benefit of those who might find them useful in some way.

Peace! =)

/e shuts up now xD
Opsat on all oceans.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Opsat at Feb 23, 2017 8:07:26 AM]
[Feb 23, 2017 8:06:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

This is really gettin getting off topic, but...

first, you can have more than the first three orders in the shop queue being worked on. Say you have an excess of basic labor available. Then, all orders will be worked on as long as some basic labor needs to be finished. The "3 max" rule only applies when you have an excess of skilled/expert labor, in which case the game will start downgrading you labor. I've actually had items that needed only basic and skilled labor complete, before the expert on the first three was finished.

Second, in the past, there were shopkeepers who complained that customers could see *any* of the queue, because that gave information to competitors. My guess was that only showing three was a balance between giving potential puzzlers enough info for them to play, without giving out too much info.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Feb 23, 2017 12:42:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Re: Release: 2017-03-29 Reply to this Post

*If players are on a vessel that has recently turned about, they will need to wait until the vessel reaches the league point before they can join a competition.
**If players had already joined a pending competition beforehand, they will need to rejoin after reaching the league point.

I assume it gives you a message saying that you've been bumped from the comp?
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Mar 29, 2017 2:50:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

Re: Release: 2017-03-29 Reply to this Post

i had imagined this fix as a resetting at the time of start/joining (whichever happens later) of all relevant scores for anyone participating, but it may be impractical.

unrelated -- to illustrate the difference in spacing:

edit: for history's sake, re-added the mysteriously disappearing picture.

also, thank you :)
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by saintdiana at Apr 4, 2017 10:21:26 AM]
[Mar 29, 2017 5:15:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Another idea Reply to this Post

I just thought up something for pirate pages in the YoWeb. When they are a governor of an island, would it be possible to link to that island?
[Apr 10, 2017 5:32:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

FLOT TROPHIES!!!!! Reply to this Post

FLOT TROPHIES HAVE BEEN RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Apr 24, 2017 1:32:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: FLOT TROPHIES!!!!! Reply to this Post

IHETSA/OP
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Apr 26, 2017 1:04:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

jlh0605 wrote: 
Gunnerfreak wrote: 

IHETSA/OP

Huh? What does that mean?
[Apr 26, 2017 7:32:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

jlh0605 wrote: 
Gunnerfreak wrote: 

IHETSA/OP

Took me a LONG time to figure it out, google really wasn't much use.

My guess: One of the forum fads from long ago. People don't even say it anymore, let alone think it deserves an initialism
[Apr 26, 2017 11:08:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

wrs1864b wrote: 
Gunnerfreak wrote: 
jlh0605 wrote: 
Gunnerfreak wrote: 

IHETSA/OP

Took me a LONG time to figure it out, google really wasn't much use.

My guess: One of the forum fads from long ago. People don't even say it anymore, let alone think it deserves an initialism

Oh, thanks. Doesn't quite match the initials, though, but close enough! lol.
[Apr 26, 2017 1:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates