• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2422 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Vengfulsoul

Questions about Compasses/Expeditions and Brigand Kings Reply to this Post

My main question is what sort of drops can we expect from the different brigand kings? I tried finding this online and came up with naught. I remember killing Azabard and getting a bunch of fabrics. Is it worth it to buy Compasses with a full sloop to keep/sell the goods?

I remember a few years back when people were farming the trinkets, they'd spawn the BK with only 1 or two pirate on the ship then have the pirates off the ship jump back on. Resulted in easy BK. Is this still a thing? I assume it results is poorer drops.

I don't catch many people running expeditions any more. Are they static when you buy them or do they change based on the composition of your crew? For a sloop pillage what are some good ones to buy to maximize poe?

Thanks for any help/tips anyone can give me.
----------------------------------------
Vengiesoul- Meridian
SO of Schrödinger's cat
Professional Wigsas photographer
[Jan 16, 2017 4:29:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

Re: Questions about Compasses/Expeditions and Brigand Kings Reply to this Post

I don't believe BKs drop any special items and I don't think they ever did. I may be wrong, but i believe any non rum/cb item that comes from bots are stuff that other players have lost during battle that goes into a pool for redistribution.

You used to be able to use the hop method to get an easier spawn. With the addition of the 4th bot on the sloop, the lowest ship you can spawn is a cutter+ now, effectively nerfing BKs.
-Gagundss
[Jan 18, 2017 4:45:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

I don't believe BKs drop any special items and I don't think they ever did. I may be wrong, but i believe any non rum/cb item that comes from bots are stuff that other players have lost during battle that goes into a pool for redistribution.

You used to be able to use the hop method to get an easier spawn. With the addition of the 4th bot on the sloop, the lowest ship you can spawn is a cutter+ now, effectively nerfing BKs.

*Cough* Sloop vs. Sloop still works fine.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Jan 18, 2017 7:49:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Just make sure you don't have the jobbing offer up, you then won't get bots when people hop off?
Jjc on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Jan 18, 2017 9:42:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates