• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2070 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
farmboy236

Conglin Island Reply to this Post

Ahoy!

After reflection at the upper level of Babylon, we have decided that we do not want to hold Conglin Island. However, since event participation is lackluster, and rather expensive in terms of cost to participants, we will be scuttling the island to Admiral Finius. The reason we have chosen Finius is because he is the easiest Brigand King in terms of difficulty.

We want to encourage anyone* to blockade the island. If you want to inquire about securing Babylon's support in a blockade at Conglin please contact Fourteen.

Yours,

Majorjr

*Excluding Fedorov, you're not a part of the organisation
----------------------------------------
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jan 4, 2017 9:32:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Conglin Island Reply to this Post

The reason we have chosen Finius is because he is the easiest Brigand King in terms of difficulty.

Well, there are currently three flotillas on the ocean, no one runs flotilla attacks anymore, and as a result, BKs keep attacking islands until some island falls. So, wouldn't it make more sense to put the Chthonic Horde (Barnabas) back on Conglin like it was before you knocked him off the island?
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 5, 2017 5:12:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Theres "only" 2 flots left. The one off Chaparral was sent home a few days ago. I do not know when you last checked about who runs flots. But I know that Gunnerfreak, Waterspout and myself has been loading the last month+. Granted its tough to load at times but if we just give up and do not try then things defo won't happen.

This is not about having a BK sit and camp on an island so that specific BK do not spawn a flot.
Jimmyjimjim said:

No. You sir are the troll, with your threat of a ddos, oooo how E-thug you are. I cry bullshit. Ddos me then...what are you going to do fill up my forum inbox with your e-rage?

[Jan 5, 2017 7:55:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

you are correct that I am no longer even checking things very often and I missed both that the ocean is down to "only" two flotillas and that people are now running flotilla attacks. Last fall, I did quite frequently camp on the "voyages" tab for days on end looking for a flotilla attack. I also inquired on the forums about flotilla attacks. Both methods seemed to show that they weren't being done anymore.

If people are running flotilla attacks because they enjoy doing them, cool! If they have become choretillas, then not so cool.

I did a little data scraping after my post and much to my surprise, Kirin is currently the only island that is being held by a BK, the fewest in about a year.

I also created a list of islands held by flags with low fame, which i also a smaller list than I expected:
Aspiring        Adept Warriors       Harmattan Island
Aspiring Fearless Tigers Orca Island
Obscure Bathrobe Army Iris Island
Obscure The Insane Asylum Corona Reef
Obscure The Insane Asylum Tigerleaf Mountain
Rumored Elements of Fear Park Island
Rumored Elements of Fear Spectre Island
Rumored Public Enemies Eta Island
Rumored Raising Hull Cranberry Island

Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 5, 2017 8:20:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Tries to correct a flag on what Bk to scuttle to, won't even defend large island due to lack of activity. #OK
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jan 5, 2017 10:47:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

won't even defend large island

just to be clear, all ships, stock, jobber pay and a bunch of the blockade defense prep came from me
[Jan 6, 2017 3:45:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

So you really think someone is going to want to kade Conglin?
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jan 6, 2017 7:07:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Thing is, we know we don't want Conglin. How would we ever know if anyone were to want to blockade any island?
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Jan 8, 2017 5:14:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jnb12

Tries to correct a flag on what Bk to scuttle to, won't even defend large island due to lack of activity. #OK

Don't be that guy. Don't be so salty.

*I wash my hands with this weirdness*
Because gunning is the only station on a boat.

Forever a Cobaltian.
Hamilton.
[Jan 8, 2017 3:19:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Oh Hami ;)
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Jan 9, 2017 11:01:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates