• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3519 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
wrs1864b

I will not be defending kirin Reply to this Post

I see the flotilla in jade dropped on kirin. Seeing as I have barely played in about a year, I will not be defending kirin.

On a related note, I'm looking for a good home to give away all my assets, that is shops, poe, bid tickets, commods, ships, stock, etc. PM or post a good reason why I should give it to you (friendship counts, but actually still playing counts for more) and do it before the BK takes Kirin. I *think* I have enough ships on kirin to hold all the stock in the palace, but I don't know.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Nov 24, 2016 2:36:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Re: I will not be defending kirin Reply to this Post

Well, I do some pretty cool things for the ocean. I don't really need the stuff, but hey, I like stuff. That, and I only agreed with you when you were actually right, not like most of these hosers who try to protect your ego.

Love,

Major
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Nov 24, 2016 5:22:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benpowell987

Don't be listenin'to him! he's a cash cow! put yer'PoE to good use!

E.G. Give it to me, and i'l be using it to multibox more pillages / forages and even dispense it to new players!

Damn this shame I feel for actually asking for help! : p
[Edit 2 times, last edit by benpowell987 at Nov 24, 2016 5:36:50 PM]
[Nov 24, 2016 5:24:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

That, and I only agreed with you when you were actually right, not like most of these hosers who try to protect your ego.

Lolwat. I seem to remember plenty of people disagreeing with Mr. Gol. :o

Edit: In fact, I demand a graph supporting this claim.
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Minsiem at Nov 24, 2016 6:01:20 PM]
[Nov 24, 2016 5:56:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

As per your graph request:

Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Nov 24, 2016 8:23:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Just a few quick updates

First, if someone wants to defend Kirin, I would greatly appreciate it, but I really can't help. The flag I'm in hasn't been active enough to transfer the island, and I've been unsubscribed for months now so I can't even put new officers into my crew.

That said, if you want to blockade this weekend, it would probably be a point sit.

Also, I noticed that the black market on Olive made it through the BK ownership. Does anyone know if that was because the BK paid rent, or was a lot of PoE left in the coffers, or what?

Second, I've gotten a lot of nice offers to take over my stuff. One person offered to pass on stuff that they couldn't use, which is great! I've also had two offers to just hold onto the stuff in case I come back, but that really isn't needed. There is enough PoE in the coffers if I wanted to do that. The offers are really nice to see though.

I'm mostly a merchant, so probably only another merchant would find most of my stuff that useful. I have ships, but they are mostly unpainted sloops that are docked on every island with a market or stock ships for storage.

In particular, I'm hoping some of the merchants on Kirin speak up. Names that I can remember are Sugarshack, Haszie, Blacksapphir, Cybrpyro, Bumerang, Pizzahutpete, et al. If you know any of these players, and if they still play, could you please let them know about my offer?

Lastly, I've had offers to take parts and such. I'm afraid I'm too lazy to try to find homes for everything. It is going to be enough hassle for find times to meet up and exchange everything, so I would rather it be done in one big exchange. For example, I think I have about 1500 bid tickets, that will only be helpful to merchants, and I don't want to try to break them up.

Again, thanks for all the offers to take this stuff off my hands. I've been given stuff in the past, so it seems fitting to try to move this stuff onto players that can use it.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Nov 25, 2016 2:36:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yerep

Sad to see you go Algol! I'm an honest merchant except to 'Jr! Hope this isn't a good bye forever! We need ya! Even if you don't play alot I can always sub you if you wanted to come play a weekend or two! ????

-Loony.
Papaloons/Loons -Cerulean.

Dmentedangel & Papaloons= Everlasting Love!

I didn't know i was starving until i tasted you! ;)
[Nov 25, 2016 3:06:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Well in all honesty, I don't want your stuff, I have a rather vast vault of barnacle as is. Pizzahutpete still plays, and there a lot of deserving mates that could actually benefit from your accrued wealth. Pizzahutpete is not one, IMO, he has done very well for himself. If I were in your shoes I'd give my possessions to a fledgling pirate to incur change on the ocean, and even take a shot at Babylon.

That being said, could you change the Kirin blockade to either two hours later on Saturday, or Sunday at noon gametime so myself and my flag could take a pot shot at that BK. I will subscribe you the month to ensure you can do this.

-Major
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by farmboy236 at Nov 25, 2016 7:54:38 PM]
[Nov 25, 2016 7:53:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Foilistc

I've been slowly working on new characters to play with again. I haven't been on enough to make it worthwhile though. Too much time playing WoW, Overwatch, and Starcraft. Though I am back to almost normal on the important shipboard puzzles.

Who do you have in mind to take over for you? Anyone in particular?
I'm old. I don't look it but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart...
[Nov 26, 2016 12:37:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.carlknoch.com [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Anyone and everyone. Blockades are sexy.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Nov 26, 2016 6:31:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Who do you have in mind to take over for you? Anyone in particular?

As I said in the first post, I'm planning on deciding before the BK takes Kirin so that stuff can be transfered out of the palace and such. I hope to decide by mid week and do the transfer soon after. Until then, I'm trying to keep an open mind.

While I like the idea of giving new people a start, collecting all the bid tickets and such requires you to know most of the ocean and giving everything to someone who may well get bored in a few months doesn't sound very productive.

As I said earlier, I probably have about 1500 bid tickets spread over most islands on the ocean and worth probably around 5M. As of April of this year, I had an additional 31M in stock (herbs, minerals, paint, enamel, cloth, etc.) That just isn't something that someone who dinks around with shopkeeping can make much use of. So, while Pizzahutpete isn't a new player, there is a good chance that he could make use of it. As could most of the other players I mentioned earlier.
[Nov 26, 2016 10:26:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chook_fowler

Being a solo sailing trader I would love to get my hands on some of those delicious bid tickets, especially if they involve long haul runs.

Chook Fowler.
[Nov 26, 2016 1:14:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Being a solo sailing trader I would love to get my hands on some of those delicious bid tickets, especially if they involve long haul runs..

Ahoy!

two quick things:

first, I really don't want to deal with parting out my stuff, arranging times to meet up and finding players for all the parts seems like far too much effort to me

second, if you are still interesting in the whole works, please either PM or post your pirate name

thanks
[Nov 26, 2016 2:33:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chook_fowler

Chookfowler @ Cerulean.

I'm in Australia but can log on to suit as required at any pirate time.

The problem with taking the lot is, I'm not sure if I have the storage for all the stock, especially if it involves large amounts of wood but I would be happy to give it a go. It's all just a matter of shuffling large ships using swabbies.

Chook Fowler.
[Nov 26, 2016 5:59:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tygas

Why not give everything to one pirate who can then give parts of it to interested players?
Mackmaine on Cerulean
[Nov 26, 2016 11:13:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

One person offered to pass on stuff that they couldn't use, which is great!

He's not against that.
Jcmorgan on Emerald
Jcmorgantwo on Meridian (rarely)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Nov 26, 2016 11:44:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
knightmaree

Me
Knightmaree, Cobalt
Some dude Formally At Universe A
[Nov 27, 2016 7:34:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Kirin was governed by FredTheElf of Bad Sushi and Valor, my first crew and flag back when I started playing in 2004 or 2005, so there is some emotional attachment.

Your proposition is tempting and perhaps should be discussed with PizzaHutPete who is still active on Cobalt. I moved to Veridian back in 2009 or 2010 with several friendly pillaging flags that all had a smaller trading, blockading, and island-governing element.

The rough part here is that Cobalt/Midnight is an ocean with 29 players online right now which compares with 130 on Meridian and 300 on Emerald; so one should really be moving from Meridian to Emerald, not to Cobalt/Midnight. This is why feedback from a person like Pete would be most insightful.

Fair winds, Algol ... I still code in Fortran, though ;-)
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Nov 28, 2016 9:12:27 AM]
[Nov 28, 2016 9:08:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaGi

ok, nevermind, back to senility, er normal.
Jimmyjimjim of Davy Jones Locker
Retired Indefinitely
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SeaGi at Nov 29, 2016 10:45:34 AM]
[Nov 28, 2016 3:00:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smexi4u

i will be defending kirin, I'm not overly active on my main but I do play on my alts and more on emerald. reason I'm not running stuff on cerulean like I used to since having more time to play again is simple.. not enough people for me to run Atlantis on a constant bases. so anyway I will be at kirin for some fun. not going to just let kirin fall to a bk without a fight for it..
Zadkiel on Obsidian,
SO of Polaris.

[Nov 28, 2016 3:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

i will be defending kirin, .... so anyway I will be at kirin for some fun. not going to just let kirin fall to a bk without a fight for it..

THANK YOU!

I replied to your PM with info about my war fleet , stock, jobber pay, etc that you are fee to have. It was originally stocked out to be enough for a couple of Babylon attacks, but it is a little under stocked right now. Still, it should be enough for this BK.

As for giving my stuff away, that is still my plan and I still want to get it done before the BK blockade so that the stock (the wood mostly) can be removed from the palace.
[Nov 28, 2016 7:34:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ScurvySpence

I mean, I'll be on. I logged on for the first time in a year or so and noticed the ever widening hole in the ocean. I miss this game, and given the fact that there is so much glut in regards to fighting your way up to the point of taking the place of a decently established pirate, it's generous to give another person a chance to keep the game alive. I'm not really a fan of dubloons, but I like the fact that everything is open for a sub. It's really hard for me to justify moving to an alt on another ocean. I like my years of service trophies. Really, I just want to have fun like I did in high school. I like the gameplay. I like the social aspects. I miss the fact that there was once an abundance of choice, and a challenge for players to get good in order to do well 'in game'. Long story short, I'm not going to blatantly ask for yer stuff, as I really don't know how much of the finer points work. That being said, I'm interarching my ship to get to the blockade! I hope there are enough people on board to make it interesting. I don't want to see a part of my childhood die due to glut and uninterested people. Anyway, if there's any specific way I can help or be helped, PM me or find me in game.
phylocyben on subs AND dubs
[Dec 2, 2016 4:07:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Thanks again to Zadkiel for defending! I really appreciate it. The Bk was brutal the first two rounds with its GFs, it is too bad we just couldn't load a WF in the last round.

As far as giving stuff away, I think I have found homes for everything, but I haven't made the final trade. Thanks for everyone who put their name in.

I never saw an answer to whether the BKs pay the rent on island attractions or not, so I dumped enough PoE into them to keep them around for a few weeks. That may be just wasted PoE, but it doesn't matter much to me.
[Dec 3, 2016 4:59:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

No they don't pay attractions Algol.

Nice effort Zad :)
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Dec 3, 2016 6:53:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

That's what I thought, but then, how did the black market on olive survive so long?
[Dec 3, 2016 7:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

That's what I thought, but then, how did the black market on olive survive so long?

They probably put enough PoE in it for a while. Lol
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Dec 3, 2016 8:19:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

They probably put enough PoE in it for a while. Lol

Bah. I'm a data junky and that was what kept me interested in the game so long with shopkeeping/trading.

So, I like to find harder answers than just a "probably". Putting PoE in the coffers was one of my two original guesses about Olive, the other being that BKs pay rent.

Ok, this is what I know. A long time ago when I scuttled Diastrophe, OOO had recently addec managers to forts and palaces and they had a bug that didn't remove those managers when the BKs took an island. This let me observer (but not touch!) how BKs run outposts. Once a day, the game *sets* the coffers to 10k. If rent has been paid, or the fort has bought commods, more PoE is magic'ed up. If commods had been sold, PoE gets destroyed. Forts can accumulate a fair amount of unsold commods over time.

So, as I said, I dumped a bunch of PoE into the the trading post and explorer's halls on Kirin. If these two go dark in the next couple of weeks, then we know that BKs drain the coffers and don't pay rent. If no one takes the island and they last until January, then we know that they don't drain the coffers. If no one takes kirin and the island attractions last much longer than january, then we know BKs pay rent. If someone takes Kirin before they dust, then the shop records will tell the new owner what the BKs do. Now, the folks who took olive might already know, but I never was able to catch them on to ask then, and they didn't respond here.

So, yeah, I spend far too much time wondering about this kind of thing and because there aren't enough of these kinds of things left to puzzle over, I've stopped playing.
[Dec 4, 2016 7:46:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

From a BK god perspective ... (Doing 2 BK cades myself this week end)

I can assure you BKs doesnt pay taxes but doesnt mess around with the poes added to keep the attraction alive. When the attractions will run out of poe building will start its dusting phase!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Dec 4, 2016 7:50:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smexi4u

There was anywhere between 10-20k in the black market.
Zadkiel on Obsidian,
SO of Polaris.

[Dec 4, 2016 3:01:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates