• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3515 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Deadtooth

News / Events Commenting Reply to this Post

Why are comments turned off on the website News/Spyglass section's events posts?

I wanted to talk about how excited I am to try saving PoE last minute to buy a Howl Sloop!!! That thing is awesome!
----------------------------------------
Dreadtooth of the Emerald Ocean.

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"
[Nov 17, 2016 12:46:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deadtooth

Re: News / Events Commenting Reply to this Post

None? Awww... I mean, I guess at least I didn't get the "see these threads where developers and other people said 'no' to this permanently or probably permanently" response. So, that's good.

But...

Commenting, especially on posts on the website itself, promotes the idea of a living game community. That's a good thing, right? Heck, if someone doesn't think enough people will come to make it look alive rather than like a desert, just make little mini-incentives to go to the website to comment or forum post or whatever.

I've been commenting on every video and article I watch and read elsewhere, trying to do some manual (but with real comments) comment promotion to attract interested people, very subtle (ie. yada yada about video lol lol about video well now I'm going back to Puzzle Pirates). It does work, though usually on a larger scale. But, if they come here and browse the website before trying the game, there aren't comments in the news posts, yppedia is a little outdated (a lot of 2014 and 2015 dates being the most current, with the rare and happy to see 2016 and still some 2012(I think?)) and the forums are in a middle-ground of activity between limited people using it and the not-so-common but still common enough post-ending response I mentioned above.

If we can't get help, can we at least ask you to not stop us helping ourselves? I am positive a lot of players would happily help make the website and forum more active if a few of the blocking steps were reversed, or even a (not owner-sanctioned) post from a moderator urging people to go out into the internet and drop a Puzzle Pirates mention in their interactions elsewhere.

I for one am grateful Grey Havens has basically bookmarked Puzzle Pirates to keep it around, and I understand they probably don't have the (insert something nice here) to promote the game, but I am also grateful for the player base that does enjoy Puzzle Pirates and I also understand they would willingly do wonders to promote the game.

There has to be a way to let the players that kept this game what it was help flourish it to what we all want to see it be again.

Ok, this part... I've debated saying anything at all, I understand it could do bad things for my account status if taken the wrong way or just taken with a hard stance from an ownership group not wanting unintended repercussions, however: There are two massive freelancer websites, where freelancers with verified identities and website guaranteed accounts will do promotion for pocket-change fees. $20 can buy 1000 comments that stick, with whatever text you want and on whatever themed posts you want them on. $50 can buy multiple promoted articles on highly-reputable websites from trusted guest posters already in the website. I personally have debated taking $20 and doing that or buying... 90(?) doubloons which I can get with PoE but at least that $20 would go towards the game. I think the promotion will have better effects mid and long run... I have personally used these services and provided my own services on these websites, with zero (0) negative outcomes. Freelancers treat it as a second job, and the two websites themselves ensure security, accountability and guarantee from start to finish of every aspect.

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"
[Nov 22, 2016 8:54:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Why are comments turned off on the website News/Spyglass section's events posts?

I wanted to talk about how excited I am to try saving PoE last minute to buy a Howl Sloop!!! That thing is awesome!

I don't use social media, but even I can see that you could do this on their Facebook and Twitter pages if you felt so inclined.
Jjc on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Nov 22, 2016 11:37:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deadtooth

I don't use social media, but even I can see that you could do this on their Facebook and Twitter pages if you felt so inclined.

Thanks!! I seriously forget Facebook and Twitter exist pretty much all the time, just not a fan I guess. Once I decide finally to give up real name anonymity I'll probably start annoying everyone there by commenting all the time like I've started doing here. Seriously though, thanks for the idea.

[Nov 22, 2016 11:43:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Once I decide finally to give up real name anonymity I'll probably start annoying everyone there by commenting all the time like I've started doing here.

You can create a YPP-type Facebook name if ye want. Put in ( Pirate name) ( Ocean name). Should work.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Nov 22, 2016 11:49:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deadtooth

You can create a YPP-type Facebook name if ye want. Put in ( Pirate name) ( Ocean name). Should work.

omg... you'd think after a few of these type of /facepalm revelations, I would learn to use more time thinking before I type. Thanks Gunner!

[Nov 22, 2016 11:51:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

omg... you'd think after a few of these type of /facepalm revelations, I would learn to use more time thinking before I type. Thanks Gunner!

No problem, mate! :)
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Nov 22, 2016 1:36:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benpowell987

Argh! One o'the problems with teh'decline in statistics be tha'there is barely any news from teh'ocean masters! we be lucky to get any sort o'update Tha'be other then yer'monthly box o'wine an'the newest 'limited' edition ship!

As social media be involved in this threat also, it be said that their facebook and twitter page be almost discarded also! These lads definately need to hire sum'sort o'PR fella'! ( Pirate Relations, argh! )
[Nov 22, 2016 2:11:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates