• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7000 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Finneegan

As a fine and occasionally poor player, am I dead weight compared to a bot? Reply to this Post

In the title, really - getting 'fine' is an accomplishment for me and I wonder if I'm really contributing much on a ship when the bots will monotonously give 'fine' all day long.
[Oct 31, 2016 12:12:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snuby

Re: As a fine and occasionally poor player, am I dead weight compared to a bot? Reply to this Post

Certainly!
- Bots dont talk
- Bots cant improve

As long as you are having fun and doing your best, many pillagers will want to have you aboard.
----------------------------------------
Snuby.
Current avatar by Phillite
[Oct 31, 2016 2:22:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ghostbeardz1

Re: As a fine and occasionally poor player, am I dead weight compared to a bot? Reply to this Post

Yarr, I figured I would add one more fun fact about the ships we have here on Puzzle Pirates.

For every ship we have here in the game, the only mathematical way to get that ship to full capacity be with having real pirate players. If a Baghlah or War Brig or Xebec be half full, the only way for that ship to get from half full to 100% full, be when players like yerself come to the rescue. A lot of Cap'ns like us reach points halfway through our pillages where we don't even have swabbies or bots, where the whole future of the pillage will rely on having a courageous group of real player pirates fighting together to win the treasure. For a pilly like that, we are always overjoyed to hear the whistle when a player like yerself wishes to board the ship.

For each & every one of these ships, the only way for that ship to reach it's true potential, be by having a group of brave pirates working together.
Ghostbeards of Emerald
Senior Officer of The Royal United Navy
[Oct 31, 2016 9:31:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furarri

You can recite pirate poems or tell pirate trivia between battles.
Bots are boring; They never laugh at my jokes.
I tried to hearty a bot once. I was rejected.

.... submarines are out!
Slimbottom won't like this at all.

Awesome avatar by Terrify! Thanks!
[Oct 31, 2016 11:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Finneegan

So if a boat can only be half filled with swabbie bots, then as a player I contribute in as much as it starts to allow for another player to fill in the other half?

Sounds like some value as long as I don't constantly booch. I've been the last fighter in a few sword fights too, so might be of value there.
[Nov 5, 2016 4:21:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

In the title, really - getting 'fine' is an accomplishment for me and I wonder if I'm really contributing much on a ship when the bots will monotonously give 'fine' all day long.

Sorry for the late reply, but I can't believe people haven't answered this with the huge reason.

When you pillage, the amount of PoE that gets awarded to the ship when you win is based on how many *pirates* are on the ship (along with a few other factors). The Captain then gets a cut (the "crew cut") that is used to pay for the cannonballs and rum used. If you were replaced with a bot (swabbie), the ship would get less PoE awarded and the Captain wouldn't make as much.

As long as you are really trying your best and not just lazing around or causing problems, you are helping the ship more than a swabbie would be.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Nov 12, 2016 11:51:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates