• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4691 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
THVRwalid

I want to take YPP seriously, please advise me Reply to this Post

Hi, I've been enjoying YPP and I am not very knowledgeable I was hoping someone can advise on what my goals should be.

I've pillaged a few times, joined a crew, got a Pirate Badge, got a Bravery Badge... Now I have 20k POE from SMH runs. I'm decent at Sailing and Bilging but I play on a laptop so the touchpad slows me down.

So now what is my aim?

I'm thinking; buy a sword, buy knuckles, buy some decent clothes

Then what?

Meanwhile I'm just looking at puzzle guides on how to get better. But I want a goal other than to get better right?

Kind regards,
Soulemerald
----------------------------------------
Anime fan - Luffy
[Sep 5, 2016 3:21:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colorhas

Re: I want to take YPP seriously, please advise me Reply to this Post

It's really up to you! You can continue doing whatever you like. Some people enjoy going on pillages, some people like going on other voyages, some might not like voyages at all and just do carousing puzzles at inns or their homes after acquiring tables.

There are loads of active crews that are looking for people like you and I'm confident would love to help. What ocean are you playing at?
Pinkhas (and -East and -West) on all oceans.
Main ocean: Viridian Emerald!
[Sep 5, 2016 9:20:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

There are also those of us who just docktart and socialize ... or kraken hunt on the endless journey to acquire a specific shoulder pet.

We cannot tell you what you should be doing to enjoy yourself playing the game...
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Sep 5, 2016 9:24:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
THVRwalid

It's really up to you! You can continue doing whatever you like. Some people enjoy going on pillages, some people like going on other voyages, some might not like voyages at all and just do carousing puzzles at inns or their homes after acquiring tables.

There are loads of active crews that are looking for people like you and I'm confident would love to help. What ocean are you playing at?

I'm on Emerald now, I joined The Royal United Navy, didn't know they were the largest crew so I'm pretty happy after finding out and they are really active.

There are also those of us who just docktart and socialize ... or kraken hunt on the endless journey to acquire a specific shoulder pet.

We cannot tell you what you should be doing to enjoy yourself playing the game...

Is there any 'must do' things that I'm missing out on for PoE or fun? Or shall I just continue doing voyages/smh and buying stuff? That's the only thing I'm doing at the moment.
Anime fan - Luffy
[Sep 6, 2016 3:42:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

If you want poe the "must do" is job for blockades at the weekend. These can pay up to 9999 poe per seg which means with average performance (say getting good on average) you could get 50k in an hour.

As others have said do what you enjoy. A lot of people want to lead voyages. have you tried the duty nav with the navy mission. While pay is negligible with the navy it serves two purposes. Firstly it gives you another puzzle to try, the nature of duty nav is while you are able it is almost impossible to score well but if you enjoy it and get to a reasonable standard you can ask if you can dnav on pillages, this helps accelerate the ship and gets spawns that the officer in charge is wanting leading to better pay. Note that not all officers want people dnavving, and some, like myself like them to be gunners (so they don't have to get up to speed on station at he start of a battle). The other advantage is once you get to narrow experience you are able to battle brigands with the navy. This is essential practise at the battle nav puzzle before leading you own pillages. Note that to get the duty nav puzzle you need to be broad in bilge and guns and either sails or rigs and carp or patch.

Other options include getting into trading by running a stall, moving goods from one island to another (you will need an officer badge for that).
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Sep 6, 2016 5:00:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates