• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14014 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
pokica

Guide for KH egging with a speed kit Reply to this Post

Since people seem to have serious issues with naving pools, I figured I'll make this guide so people don't mess others up anymore. PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN TO THE PICTURES or you might be confused.

Moves:
F - forward
R - right
L - left
W - wait/pause/stop/whatever just dont move
x - whatever move you have to do to get the egg home, you're already outside the egg.
dmg - damage you take (because you bump a rock)

Arrows:
One arrow is where you sit to enter the egg, the other is where you end up after the last move. Same colours are obviously same route. The way arrow is turned is the way you're supposed to face.

As Masterdodo (Opal/Emerald) kindly pointed out, "Some of these routes are only doable if there isn't another person inside the egg pool. If you see a person inside the egg just wait for him to exit before going inside, thsi will avoid making unnecessary collisions with the other player which can result in both players sinking."

MAP 1:

Note:
If you use the 1 bump route, no one has to wait in line, everyone can enter and you won't be in eachother's way. Whereas if you use the no bump route, people have to wait behind you.

MAP 2:

MAP 3:

Note:
Pausing is important on this map, you have to let people exit that pool. It only costs you 1 move, whereas it stalls the other person for much longer. Don't be mean, let people pass. So always pay attention to what others are doing.

MAP 4:

Note:
This one might be a bit confusing, sorry. There is basically 1 way to enter the egg, and 2 ways to exit, just the moves are clearly different.

Note:
Same as previous map. Different exits, same position to enter, but your speed kit is faced other way than in previous picture.
*Another way to exit the egg is also possible, if the main 2 ways aren't doable. If you are sitting on the egg, do: F F L L. You take no damage, and you end up outside of top pool.

MAP 5:

Note:
Basically 3 ways to enter the egg, and you end up on the same spot in the end. Some people tend to use pool in egg area and some bump a rock to use winds in the exit, but that kind of messes up people behind you, so try to use the same route as everyone else.
- moves for a quick 1 bump are as follows: you start at position #3; L F R R, R R R L and you're out. Only use those moves if these conditions are fulfilled: 1. you can take a bump, 2. there is no one behind you waiting to enter the egg, 3. you can exit the egg area immediately. (thanks Budclare)

MAP 6:

Note:
If you can, try to use the green route. It's easier and quicker. I put F(W) on last move because of the kind of map I got, but you can also do L and you're outside the egg, but pay attention to what moves you need once you're outside (if you have a tunnel).

MAP 7:

Note:
If front is closed you have to exit through the back.

MAP 8:

Note:
- There's a 1 move quicker way to do 2 damage route: R W R R, F R L x/2 dmg.
- As someone pointed out, if the bomber is down or if the right side is blocked and you have to enter on the left, there's another way to do so: (only do this if everyone else is doing it or if you are alone near the egg) you sit on position #3 and do: R F W L, L F L F, L x x x.
- As Budclare suggested: you can also start at position #2 and go L R W L, L F L R for a quick one-bump exit out the side (only do this if no one is near the egg area)

MAP 9:

Note:
Green route is obviously quicker so if you can take 2 bumps, always use green route.

MAP 10:

If you can't do any of these routes, please ask someone on your KH run for help. I'm sure people would be more than happy to help, rather than get blocked, stalled for few turns or potentially killed.

If you have some advice, suggestion, complaint or whatever, do let me know.

Or send me a tell in game - Noduska of (mainly) Meridian.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 9 times, last edit by pokica at Aug 9, 2016 8:25:40 AM]
[Jul 23, 2016 7:37:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tmnagis

Re: Guide for KH egging with a speed kit Reply to this Post

Awesome guide! The most important takeaway for me as a KH noob is that there are predetermined egg pool layouts, and that I can study them now. Would you mind doing a bumper boat (3 moves) guide too please? Thanks!
Heavywepsguy on Viridian RIP 2012. Buy doubs or your hard work goes to dust when you go on hiatus...

Geegeenore on Emerald

Name will remain ironic until my Gunning can get somewhere higher than Proficient and Able. Nvm, I'm master
[Jul 24, 2016 8:32:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Reminder:

Some of these routes are only doable if there isn't another person inside the egg pool. If you see a person inside the egg just wait for him to exit before going inside, thsi will avoid making unnecessary collisions with the other player which can result in both players sinking.

This seems logical but I have seen so many persons just blindly making their moves. Even if the moves were correct they messed up other peoples moves. So be patient.

tldr; Even if you know the moves, don't just blindly put them in as if you were the only one on the map.
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Jul 25, 2016 3:35:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pokica

Reminder:

Some of these routes are only doable if there isn't another person inside the egg pool. If you see a person inside the egg just wait for him to exit before going inside, thsi will avoid making unnecessary collisions with the other player which can result in both players sinking.

This seems logical but I have seen so many persons just blindly making their moves. Even if the moves were correct they messed up other peoples moves. So be patient.

tldr; Even if you know the moves, don't just blindly put them in as if you were the only one on the map.

Added your point to the post. Thanks!
[Jul 25, 2016 4:48:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pokica

Awesome guide! The most important takeaway for me as a KH noob is that there are predetermined egg pool layouts, and that I can study them now. Would you mind doing a bumper boat (3 moves) guide too please? Thanks!

Here you go: https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=205480&offset=0#2699258 .
[Jul 25, 2016 4:50:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

On #8, if the bomber goes down while you're near the lair, the better way to get that egg is to come in from the left, but instead of going via the top, you go via the bottom. (you can also use the same route with via 1 and 2, but 3 was easier to describe)

This lets you then exit via the "alley", provided no one else is in the way.

On #3, instead of going F, go RFPL (that first R is the wind diagonal from the #3 arrow). Then you go LFLF and you're facing the alley, so you can go L to escape the lair.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Edit 2 times, last edit by majestrate at Jul 25, 2016 10:14:44 AM]
[Jul 25, 2016 10:09:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

With Map 8, you can also start at position #2 and go LRwLLFL for a quick one-bump exit out the side. Obviously it's another one you can't do if there's someone else coming in then, but when there's no one else nearby and the exit is blocked by tents, it can be really useful. (I was so impressed the first (and only) time I saw someone do this.)

Also, could you add a note to Map 3 about pausing to let people enter? Most people get that by now, but there are still people who think that getting to the eggs one turn sooner than the people behind you entitles you to sink the people behind you and/or cause a multi-boat pileup. People entering that egg often don't have the luxury of waiting, and "give the people with eggs the right of way" was never meant to be an excuse for being a jerk.

Oh, and with Map 5, the other option is (starting with position 3, just for example) LFRRRRRL. (I really hope I counted those Rs right.) It's one-bump and there can't be anyone else in the eggs or coming in right behind you, but it's fast. Also, though, you have to be sure you can either leave the nest immediately or that you won't be blocking anyone if you have to sit until the head it down. (But if you know you're going to have to wait anyway, it's probably not worth taking the bump...)

EDIT: Also? Nice job, Nod. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at Jul 25, 2016 2:25:28 PM]
[Jul 25, 2016 2:20:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anatheil2

I love your guide,
Is there anyway you can fix the images? the links appear to be broken
Thanksssssss
feeding OM's on all oceans since Nov '07

Anatheil

Adenia says, "i thought anatheil was an OM?"
[Jan 28, 2018 12:48:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates