• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3920 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
karavanias

Why crafting\building is not profitable? Reply to this Post

I don't understand why crafting\building things like swords and ships are not made profitable...
The crafting puzzles were abandoned just because it is so hard to make good money with it.
Or maybe I get something wrong, how come building a ship is cost more than buying one?!?
I think major changes should be made in the crafting economy.
Any comments?
[Jul 5, 2016 12:20:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Why crafting\building is not profitable? Reply to this Post

I don't understand why crafting\building things like swords and ships are not made profitable...
The crafting puzzles were abandoned just because it is so hard to make good money with it.

Actually, they were abandoned, somewhat, because OOO was cutting staff, and were focusing on other programming projects. Whether Grey Havens will return to finish off the crafting puzzles is anyones's guess.

Or maybe I get something wrong, how come building a ship is cost more than buying one?!?

Because people who are desperate to sell have to sell for less than the shops, otherwise people who want to buy a ship would simply go to the shops.

I think major changes should be made in the crafting economy.
Any comments?

While there are problems with the way players run their shops, most of the problems are caused by players not understanding how a basic P&L works, not because the markets are inherently broken. There are changes I would love to see, but since any changes would take programming time, and we really haven't seen any at-sea upgrades for a while, that's where I would prefer them to spend their limited design budget for a while.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jul 5, 2016 3:59:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Javelo

Re: Why crafting\building is not profitable? Reply to this Post

To be honest, the stalls and shoppes are quite profitable as fast as you get the hang of it. You just need to manage all your costs etc, as those are the easiest to manage.

As Xelto said, the problem is with the people who run them. Make yourself a spreadsheet, plot in all your variable costs, taxes, etc, check dockside vs ordering when it comes to paint, rum, grog, enamels etc to see if you can save any cash there. See if there is any island nearby that spawn any necessary goods for your production, and make sure that the demand is high enough on your island.

As for the selling side, if you produce CBs, cloth or rum, check the dockside prices vs your production price. If the dockside price is higher, then produce the goods for yourself and sell them dockside.

Dockside>Production => Sell Dockside
Dockside<Production => Take orders
----------------------------------------
Javelo on Meridian
Xenop on Emerald
[Jul 5, 2016 4:14:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates