• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4828 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Tmnagis

Lots of names with "-west" in them? Reply to this Post

Why do many pirates (at least on Emerald I notice) have "-west" in their names? Is it supposed to let people know of their alter egos from Meridian? And why "-west" of all words?
----------------------------------------
Heavywepsguy on Viridian RIP 2012. Buy doubs or your hard work goes to dust when you go on hiatus...

Geegeenore on Emerald

Name will remain ironic until my Gunning can get somewhere higher than Proficient and Able. Nvm, I'm master
[Jul 2, 2016 3:27:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Re: Lots of names with "-west" in them? Reply to this Post

When the oceans merged one was east and one was west. If there were two pirates with the same name (one on each ocean), then the first one created gets to keep the name. The other one was renamed to either <name>-east or <name>-west.

The east/west also lines up with where that ocean's islands are at (either on the east/right or the west/left).
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 2, 2016 3:37:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Tmnagis

Re: Lots of names with "-west" in them? Reply to this Post

When the oceans merged one was east and one was west. If there were two pirates with the same name (one on each ocean), then the first one created gets to keep the name. The other one was renamed to either <name>-east or <name>-west.

The east/west also lines up with where that ocean's islands are at (either on the east/right or the west/left).

I see, that explains it. I went on hiatus when the merge happened. Thanks!
Heavywepsguy on Viridian RIP 2012. Buy doubs or your hard work goes to dust when you go on hiatus...

Geegeenore on Emerald

Name will remain ironic until my Gunning can get somewhere higher than Proficient and Able. Nvm, I'm master
[Jul 2, 2016 3:56:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates