• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 25
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10835 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Aligate

In Communist Cerulean, you blockade Babylon Reply to this Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbIPVLz8ySM

Comrades! Men and women compatriots!

The perfidious navy attack by fascist Netflix and Kill on our Fatherland is continuing.
In spite of the heroic resistance of the Red Army, and although the enemy’s finest divisions and finest sea units have already been smashed and have met their doom in battle, the enemy continues to push forward, hurling fresh forces to the front.
The fascist war fleet is extending the range of their operations, bombing Napi Peak, Labyrinth Moors, Delta, Turtle, Namath, Papaya, Winter Solstice, Tinga and Nu.

Grave danger overhangs our ocean.

When: Saturday, 11/06/2016, noon game time
Pay: 6000 Soviet Rubles per segment and rising
Sinking: Yes
Jobbing Contact: Babylonian
----------------------------------------
Aristoza
Amateur Owl
Fourteen flag royalty chats, "just tell them to suck 14s nuts"

Avatar by the lovely and talented Cattrin
[Jun 10, 2016 3:48:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Re: In Communist Cerulean, you blockade Babylon Reply to this Post

Best King with best intent.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jun 10, 2016 4:06:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Layered

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it for the fun :( Celebrating a family members birthday tomorrow, but good luck Babylon! :D Would have loved to be there to shoot at some certain people
Layered - Cerulean/Meridian/Emerald/Ice
Chemically Imbalanced
Babylon

Puff, Puff, Pass
[Jun 10, 2016 7:46:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

That would be a shame if the first pvp kade in months was cheapened by you pay warring them.
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jun 10, 2016 8:31:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

They were aware of our pay conditions on certain islands a week before they dropped.

The jobbing numbers are so low on Cerulean that it's probably a good idea to set the pay high from the start. It will benefit both sides. Especially when we're spread over 9 islands.
Aristoza
Amateur Owl

[Jun 10, 2016 11:46:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

Oh boy oh boy oh boy....... I get to be used and abused again! Good luck, gang. Should be fun. :)
Gone
[Jun 11, 2016 7:05:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

They were aware of our pay conditions on certain islands a week before they dropped

And it's a terrible policy, assuming you are trying to help the ocean at large/encourage blockading and not just win at all costs.
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jun 11, 2016 8:12:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

If a new flag comes to us and says they want to blockade but are short on Poe then obviously we'd negotiate. But you don't get to spend over 1m Poe on dropping 9 warchests and then complain afterwards about jobber pay. Come on now...
Aristoza
Amateur Owl

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aligate at Jun 11, 2016 8:24:32 AM]
[Jun 11, 2016 8:23:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

If a new flag comes to us and says they want to blockade but are short on Poe then obviously we'd negotiate. But you don't get to spend over 1m Poe on dropping 9 warchests and then complain afterwards about jobber pay. Come on now...

I don't see why not. If you want a fair kade, you should pay the same amount. Doesn't have to be more complicated than that. You say you're fully prepared, so why use a crutch like a pay war?
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jun 11, 2016 11:36:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I don't see why not. If you want a fair kade, you should pay the same amount. Doesn't have to be more complicated than that. You say you're fully prepared, so why use a crutch like a pay war?

A fair blockade would be a single island drop.

Not bashing on anyone, just pointing out that both sides are doing what they feel they need to in order to get an advantage.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jun 11, 2016 11:48:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

A fair blockade would be a single island drop.

+1
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jun 11, 2016 3:49:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Looks like we did pay the same, 10k/seg, no?
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jun 12, 2016 7:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

During the last round, yes, but only because the game would not allow you to raise it any higher. I can understand why you're reluctant to pay the same though. You seemed to have trouble when jobbing numbers were even.
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jun 12, 2016 8:20:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Netflix matched at 6k, this did go to 7.5k to match when Babylon raised again, Babylon raised again to 10k, which wasn't matched by Netflix until round 5. Considering they were outjobbing some would say the upping of pay wasn't necessary but that was Babylon's choice to make.

The matching of 10k for round 5 was as a thank you to the jobbers that had stuck it out for 5 rounds with Netflix, as they had already stated they would not enter a paywar.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jun 12, 2016 8:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

During the last round, yes, but only because the game would not allow you to raise it any higher. I can understand why you're reluctant to pay the same though. You seemed to have trouble when jobbing numbers were even.

Our team did a great job to defend 4/9. It's obviously not as easy for defenders in mass drops like these so I don't think it's unreasonable to raise pay when we're down on jobbers. I'm not sure where you get the idea from that we're reluctant to pay the same or that we're pay Waring. We paid the same for 90% of the blockade and there was never any pay war. In fact, the only person who seems to be complaining about the pay is you.

Overall I'm happy with the result even if it's disappointing to lose a large chunk of your islands. Netflix did win Delta which gave them the edge. But we'll probably see a clearer result over the next weeks.
Aristoza
Amateur Owl

[Jun 12, 2016 8:54:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

I was only here for a fifth round, so I can only gauge from that. As the results show Babylon losing 4-5, we feel we didn't struggle per se, but made the best of a rough situation. Typically from experience, the flag that is attacking during a multi-drop has the advantage, as the defender has to follow and can seldom play proactively.

That being said, I'll keep the poe flowing.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Jun 12, 2016 8:55:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Out of curiosity, how many people were actively multi-clienting for Netflix and Kill? Only wondering because I have an idea as to how many were for Babylon, and the result is inflated jobber numbers. So it's possible that while the jobber numbers showing in /fwho were even, actual jobber numbers could be skewed.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Jun 12, 2016 9:19:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Considering round 5's numbers were 53 Babylon - 26 Netflix, I would imagine both sides were inflated throughout with alts.

As for being behind in jobbers, from rounds 2-5 Babylon had more jobbers, with only round 1 seeing Netflix with an advantage.

For the postive, Cerulean saw 130 people logged on (yes a lot of alts) but it can only be a good thing to see activity right?
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

[Jun 12, 2016 9:48:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I'm not really wondering about what the jobber ratio was, I'm simply curious as to how skewed the jobber numbers are because of multi-clienting.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Jun 12, 2016 10:03:52 AM]
[Jun 12, 2016 10:03:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Well, typically, I'm on 4-5 clients, Fourteen 4-5, so there's an extra 6-8 jobbers that aren't full people.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Jun 12, 2016 10:35:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I know Babylon's numbers, silly. I would venture to say that at the "53" number for Babylon, anywhere between 12-20 of those were multi-clients (not sure when the peak was).
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Jun 12, 2016 11:22:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

It's also important to distinguish between jobbing numbers and effective jobbers. The number of jobbing pirates you see on a flag's page can be distorted if you don't consider the effectiveness of each jobber (how many jobbers are effectively influencing flags on the board?). It can be influenced by a number of factors, one of which Majestrate already pointed out.
Aristoza
Amateur Owl

[Jun 12, 2016 11:37:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

And I was merely responding to his post about numbers, it isn't anything more than that. As I stated both sides had to be effectively using alts to manage 9 islands at once, this isn't about X used more than Y alts to do whatever.

And again to repeat myself, the ocean finally got some activity, people should be celebrating it and making good of it, not whining about it, but that part seems to have gone un-noticed.
Dignity - Emerald

[Jun 12, 2016 11:43:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

And again to repeat myself, the ocean finally got some activity, people should be celebrating it and making good of it, not whining about it, but that part seems to have gone un-noticed.

I don't think that's true on the whole. From what I can tell, everyone had a really enjoyable evening. But there are always exceptions.
Aristoza
Amateur Owl

[Jun 12, 2016 11:46:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

And I was merely responding to his post about numbers, it isn't anything more than that. As I stated both sides had to be effectively using alts to manage 9 islands at once, this isn't about X used more than Y alts to do whatever.

I thought you were replying to me, not someone else.

If you think I'm whining about something, you're wrong. If that's not directed at me either, then never mind.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Jun 12, 2016 12:17:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates