• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12331 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Littlepency

** Netflix and Kill presents: "Pirates of Cerulean: At Wits' End" ** [Raffle winners announced!] Reply to this Post

IN recent months, pirates of Cerulean seem to be falling prey to a multitude of strange and concerning symptoms. Do you or any of your loved ones experience:
  • Itching and/or twitching when anyone utters the word: "Pew"
  • Stress rising inexplicably from 20% to 100%.
  • Panic attacks Friday evening, increasing exponentially every minute after noon.
  • Cold sweats and a shortness of breath at the sight of a Babylon royal loitering on your dock.
  • Boredom, restlessness and desire to see more than one Flag rule the ocean.
If you answer yes to one or more of the above then Houston, we have a problem! Sadly, there is no cure but a treatment does exist to manage the... irritation.

Netflix and Kill presents:

(The following event might contain scenes of an immature nature. Not suitable for accounts with two Jolly Rogers or less, puzzler discretion is advised.)

A panel of Cerulean Experts have advised long walks on the beach with an evening of good ol' piratey carnage group therapy where we can all just let it go.

Do, or do not. There is no try. Blockade, we must.

Where: Turtle Island, Delta Island, Napi Peak, Winter Solstice, Nu Island, Namath Island, Labyrinth Moors, Papaya Island and one for luck Tinga Island.
When: Saturday 11th June 2016, Noon start.
Pay: 3,000 PoE/segment We don't have deep pockets but we do have deep ties. You can't buy honor, fairness and brilliance. We'll ditto their pay till our pockets are empty but our hearts will be full. (Selling one Auraluna, in good condition, nags sometimes any day ending in "y" - 10 million or best offer.)
Sinking: Hopefully!
Raffle: You betcha!
Jobbing Contact: Goingdown
All other enquires: Calamarie, Auraluna or Scap

With great power, comes great responsibility and so the islands will be shared with those that have made this possible as well as a few giveaways. Not exactly robbing from the rich to give to the poor, think of it more as a redistribution of the wealth. Come join us to alleviate your symptoms, support your local small flags, or simply for the fun but be there!

Finally to Babylon, May the odds be ever in your favour!

Yours truly,
Netflix & Kill with friends

P.S. Consider the blockade scene shaken, not stirred.

P.P.S. I'm not mad as a hatter; you may have noticed a number of film/movie references throughout the post. First pirate to find all 9 titles wins a fabulous prize! Private message or /tells ONLY to Scap - replies to thread will not count.

----------------------------------------
Scap, retired-ish
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Littlepency at Jun 12, 2016 7:00:41 PM]
[Jun 10, 2016 12:00:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Re: ** Netflix and Kill presents: "Pirates of Cerulean: At Wits' End" ** Reply to this Post

Yay, I can't make the party. Sinking guaranteed, defense intent to follow.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jun 10, 2016 12:18:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

Re: ** Netflix and Kill presents: "Pirates of Cerulean: At Wits' End" ** Reply to this Post

Good luck and have fun Scap and everyone from Netflix and Kill! Let's keep it civil and make it a fun time for everyone.
Aristoza
Amateur Owl
Fourteen flag royalty chats, "just tell them to suck 14s nuts"

Avatar by the lovely and talented Cattrin
[Jun 10, 2016 12:33:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Littlepency

We have ourselves a lucky winner and the post is still warm!

#1 = Supplier, Enjoy your monkey ;)

Seeing as I'm feeling generous, the next 2 pirates will also receive random prizes.
Scap, retired-ish
[Jun 10, 2016 12:58:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auraluna

We have ourselves a lucky winner and the post is still warm!

#1 = Supplier, Enjoy your monkey ;)

Seeing as I'm feeling generous, the next 2 pirates will also receive random prizes.

Already?! We needed more obscure references Scaptain. :P

Grats to the winner.

And fair winds to us all.
Auraluna Princess of Because We Can
Parley Good Manners enthusiast.
[Jun 10, 2016 1:11:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ryanford350

Just had to give a +1 for the Piratey Penguin gif

Hysterical!
PoE

Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

================
[Jun 10, 2016 2:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Littlepency

Hysterical!

Hehe, Auraluna is extra mad cause I said she was the tubby one on the right.
Scap, retired-ish
[Jun 10, 2016 2:10:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auraluna

Hysterical!

LOL so much for not telling that to anyone!
[Jun 10, 2016 2:20:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

Hysterical!

and Scap is the one in the middle? :D

I have to work so won't be able to make it (/e mutters under his breath) but this should be an awesome fight! have fun all (although not too much without me :P )
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by raymondbaker at Jun 10, 2016 3:22:40 PM]
[Jun 10, 2016 3:18:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auraluna

Hysterical!

Yes! You can tell because she has that "let me at them" face on.
[Jun 10, 2016 5:00:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jnb12

I would like to point out the simple fact that it is my birthday tomorrow. AND WHAT MORE FUN IS A BLOCKADE WITH A DRUNK HAMILTON DRIVING A BOAT! Yeah, that means big bad Hamilton will be out having a grand time with the pirate friends he has left! Hopefully you come support a side whether it be with Netflix or whoever owns whatever we are attacking. Haha just kidding, no but for real I don't log on so someone fill me in. Lulz ok ok Majorjr + company cause I can read. I hope it's a fun time for everyone but on the slick, it is Cerulean and nobody gets along.

Goodluck guys, the small tables have been set, don't go underneath them.

Cheers, hami
Because gunning is the only station on a boat.

Forever a Cobaltian.
Hamilton.
[Jun 10, 2016 11:14:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Littlepency

Several important things to address:

Firstly,

That is a spitting image of my wiggle when I waddle walk, so that just leaves Cala on the left?

Secondly, Hamilton - Happy Birthday! It will be a pleasure having you with us on such a beautiful day.

Lastly, I'd like to address the inaccuracy posted in Babylon's defence post. Details of the drop were kept top secret for weeks except for a few leaks on the day. Thus, no chat logs exist of a conversation between any Netflix and Kill royal or Babylon official.

"Let's keep it civil and make it a fun time for everyone." - Aristoza, 10/06/16
Can we, please?
Scap, retired-ish
[Jun 11, 2016 2:16:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

In regards to you knowing our pay policy, you were in Vox,yes? DI? Yes again? Babylon will always pay to its full ability with a sinking defense.

Cheers,

Major
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jun 11, 2016 7:34:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Littlepency

In regards to you knowing our pay policy, you were in Vox,yes? DI? Yes again? Babylon will always pay to its full ability with a sinking defense.

Cheers,

Major

I just thought you would want to encourage blockading. Especially to a new flag whom is only two weeks old and fresh out of diapers too.

But if you must pay war for support...
Scap, retired-ish
[Jun 11, 2016 7:58:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

I would consider friendlier terms had you dropped on one or two islands at a time. 9 concurrent kades isn't healthy for Cerulean given its population levels.

As for you being a new flag, sure as a shell, but you've seen kades. So, to me that's not "new". I could start an alt flag, would it be "new"?
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Jun 11, 2016 8:17:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Littlepency

I would consider friendlier terms had you dropped on one or two islands at a time. 9 concurrent kades isn't healthy for Cerulean given its population levels.

This has nothing to do with population. As a flag holding islands, you must be prepared to defend as many islands at any given time. One could argue you are not equipped to watch over so many.

Let us lighten your load.
Scap, retired-ish
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Littlepency at Jun 11, 2016 8:42:59 AM]
[Jun 11, 2016 8:41:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

We are more than prepared for a full and able defense.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Jun 11, 2016 8:56:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Netflix and Kill, congratulations! I thought there were going to be a lot more point sits than what there were. Very impressive job both in the wins and in the close losses.

To everyone that jobbed, regardless of which side you were on, thanks for coming out and supporting everyone!

Federov, get an island so that people can blockade you guys instead of you being a mosquito on the blockade board :P
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Jun 11, 2016 5:36:42 PM]
[Jun 11, 2016 5:22:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

Good game and well played. You really kept us on our toes for the entire blockade with your spread of ships. A few close calls and good moves by your navers too... saw some new faces on the board.

Thank you to our jobbers too for your continued support. We know that big flags with lots of islands are not always the most popular so we really appreciate your help.

Thank you to our staff and many navers who were so patient while waiting their turns. You did a fantastic job. Apologies to anyone who didn't get their turn.

This blockade was really tiring but in the end it was really fun. So thanks to Netflix and Kill for having the balls to actually do something on this ocean. We'll probably be seeing more of each other soon.
Aristoza
Amateur Owl

[Jun 11, 2016 5:27:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Littlepency

I'll keep it short and sweet but will follow with a formal post in the morning - detailing the plans for each island.

It was organised chaos!

We would like to congratulate everyone involved for bringing this together. The support was overwhelming. Not just from Cerulean, but Emerald and Meridian too - thank you.

JC and BA all rolled into one: Calamarie - you kept your cool when the rest of us had lost our heads in round one.

Auraluna, the hours I spent bouncing intent ideas off you and, was it 105th time I made you proof read the post? A true diamond in the rough.

Korte, Hamilton, Tagline, Kolbal and a few others who wish for their identity to remain a secret - your moves and puzzling were incredible.

Papaloons, Ultimatepira, Bananamonkey and more Tagline for helping with logistics.

Babylon, Good game and thank you for the experience.

Fedorov, one man's crazy idea - that doesn't seem so crazy now, you have my utmost respect.

Last but not least, Cerulean.

You. Are. Beautiful. Whichever side you came to support tonight, you were clearly alive and kicking. Don't let anyone tell you you're on your last legs or dead.

Auraluna will post the raffle results in due course.

Sorry if I missed anyone out, it has been a long and amazing evening to remember.

Netflix and Kill
So much for short and sweet, eh?
Scap, retired-ish
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Littlepency at Jun 11, 2016 6:38:18 PM]
[Jun 11, 2016 6:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Best part is, you get to do even more next weekend!
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Jun 11, 2016 6:56:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cameron92

I'm looking forward to fun on my birthday this time ;) <3 kolbal.
Kolbal- On an ocean near you
[Jun 11, 2016 8:47:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Littlepency

Best part is, you get to do even more next weekend!

Can't wait! That gives you a week to perfect your manners and blockading etiquette.

Instantly dismissing the opposing flag’s representative who wished to express their gratitude and thanks was in poor taste Majorjr.
Scap, retired-ish
[Jun 12, 2016 3:55:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Korte did just fine.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Jun 12, 2016 6:23:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Littlepency

Korte did just fine.

I'm beginning to understand why good ol' Aristoza told us all to remain civil and keep it fun for everyone.

It was not a reminder for Netflix and Kill...
Scap, retired-ish
[Jun 12, 2016 9:58:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

I did not dismiss any member of Netflix or Kill, my dismissal was of an individual for another flag.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by farmboy236 at Jun 12, 2016 10:37:56 AM]
[Jun 12, 2016 10:36:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aligate

Korte did just fine.

I'm beginning to understand why good ol' Aristoza told us all to remain civil and keep it fun for everyone.

It was not a reminder for Netflix and Kill...

It goes for both flags, Scap. From what I heard, there were some offensive tells from your flag after we lost Delta. I'm trying to discourage that kind of behaviour so I'd expect the same from you.
Aristoza
Amateur Owl

[Jun 12, 2016 11:03:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auraluna

Veni,vidi, vici. Praises and Prizes for those who deserve it!

Blockades; grueling battles designed to test endurance, strategy, performance and brilliance of enemy teams.

They sound lovely on paper, exciting even; but they are really taxing, long, and horribly costly!

All those hours of puzzling, shooting, jumping into unknown ships and washing endless amounts of cannons just to found the dirty again on the next turn!

Ok, I'm getting off topic, the point is; after all that effort it is only fair for us to give Praises and Prizes to those who came along the most exciting 6 hours Cerulean has seen since we stopped playing YPP and started playing Monopoly. lol

Cheers to every duty puzzler, amazing navers and excelling warmongers that helped us prove there is still Fire inside us and this Our Ocean is 'warming up' again!

To both sides Good Job and Good Game.

To those who showed up to support (in any shape or form) ALL of us at Netflix and Kill . Thank you; this raffle is just a gesture of our many thanks. A mirror of the generous hands that joined this effort.

My Role at N&K is to take care of the greetings, amenities, donations (shameless hint!), the pretty shiny things and the raffle, so without further a due:

Congratulations to the winners of this weekend's Pirates of the Cerulean: At Wit's end raffle!

* Krakling, Unnamed. Lime: Lanlaiely Winner contacted

* Tan Octo, Unnamed: Gatewood

* Gold Elephant, Unnamed: Crazdmuch Winner contacted

* Gold Cat, Unnamed: Camouflages Winner contacted

* Frozen Pig, Unnamed: Fernet Winner contacted

* Chocolate Pig, Unnamed: GaribaldiWinner contacted

* Gator, Unnamed, light green: Kinkyllee

* Black Cat, Unnamed: Jackseagull

* Wine Rabbit, Unnamed: MotiveWinner contacted

* Sleeping Chocolate pig : Tillathehunny Winner contacted

* Set of 3 Chromas: Alantean Blue : Werdcat

* Set of 3 Chromas: Banana : Nightmarezz

* Set of 3 Chromas: Chocolate : Xysti Winner contacted

* Set of 3 Chromas: Chocolate : Lothias

* Set of 3 Chromas: Ice Blue: Pengithwill

* Set of 3 Chromas: Ice Blue : Chieffy

* Set of 3 Chromas: Indigo :Saphireangel

* Set of 3 Chromas: Spring Green : Patima Winner contacted

* Set of 3 Chromas: Spring Green : Khamsin

* Set of 3 Chromas: Wine : Jackrabbitt Winner contacted

* 5 Rogue Marks : Tennessee

* 5 Rogue Marks : Ironbuddha

* 5 Rogue Marks : Cynnful

* Set of 4 Harpoon Cannons : Babydolls

* Set of 4 Small Cursed Cannons and Cursed Helm (to fit a sloop or cutter): RushersWinner contacted

* Kraken hunt gift set 1:Set of wrapped : Harpoon, Speed and Bomb kit; plus 2 barrels of harpoons, 2 explosive barrels and 4 chum buckets: Democratic

* Set of Lanty Statues 1: 3 Models (trike, Gorg and turtle) and Crossed Trident: Skeeter-west

* Set of lanty statues 2: Atlantean Statue , Atlantean seal and Aquarium: Tasmanian

* Easter Egg Competition set 2015 : NonkiWinner contacted

* Easter Egg Competition set 2016: Mijai

* Set of Guilded Furni : Yellow : Sofa, Bludgeon trunk and Easel : Bananamonkey

* Set of Guilded Furni: Light Green: Bed , Display case and Drink rack: Dmentedangel

* Set of Guilded Furni: Blue: 2 sofas and a bookcase : Summa

* Set of Guilded Furni: Navy: Bed, easel and bookcase : Daringdave

* Set of Guilded Furni: Orange: Display Case, drinking rack and candelabra: Nunaman

* "Rebate or gift certificate" to 25k of merchandise (rack, tailored or dock side) from Black Veil Brides @ Napi Peak :Valdrixan

Prizes for Movie Trivia on Intent post:

**Tan Monkey, Unnamed : Winner Supplier. Claimed

* Set of Guilded furni: Bookcase, easel and bludgeon trunk : Naceri (Runner up)

And here are the Answers to the Movie Quote trivia, How well did you do?

1. Pirates of the Cerulean: At Wits' End = Pirates of the Caribbean

2. Houston, we have a problem! = Apollo 13

3. Let it go = Frozen

4. Do, or do not. There is no try = Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

5. With great power, comes great responsibility = Spiderman

6. ...robbing from the rich to give to the poor = Robin Hood

7. May the odds be ever in your favour! = The Hunger Games

8. ...shaken, not stirred = James Bond

9. ...mad as a hatter = Alice in Wonderland

My Special Thanks to every pirate that made this raffle possible, most of which have chosen to remain unnamed to prove this isn't about PoE anymore. I tip my hat to you all.

All these prizes are available with Auraluna/Notlunah/Calistria, you can PM me or find me in game.

And Stay Tuned for the Exciting Upcoming Nu Giveaway Event!

http://random-ize.com/pick-from-list/ was the tool used for this Raffle.
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Auraluna at Jun 16, 2016 3:44:36 AM]
[Jun 12, 2016 12:21:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rushers9

* Set of 4 Small Cursed Cannons and Cursed Helm (to fit a sloop or cutter): Rushers

Hats off to both sides for a very close and competitive blockade. Winning by usually just a few points! Some of the closest cades I've seen in a while for sure. I'm really looking forward to the future weekends for what you guys have planned!

:O I WON SOMETHING?!? Regarding the prize, I want "Calamarie" to claim the prize for me due to my messed up schedule. Thanks for the opportunity and hopefully see you guys soon!
~ Rushers
Rushers - Emerald
deaded
Rushers - Merid

Fedorov says, "negative vibes are not bannable, you can beat yer head against concrete and report me all u want"

[Jun 12, 2016 12:57:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates