• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3876 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Psawyer5

Question regarding etiquette? Reply to this Post

Hi all,

I've been playing this game off and on for many years (back before doubloons were even a thing and it was free vs subscription oceans). So as I have come and gone many times each for various lengths of time things change and I just wanted to check in on something that happened recently as I just started playing again in the last month or so, and it's been probably about a year since I played regularly before that.

So today I opened a treasure drop table and waited for someone to join. It was a no money wager table as I really enjoy the game but am usually not that good at it. I waited and no one joined and then someone else opened another table, again I waited and no one was coming to mine or theirs so I left my table and joined their table. (They were more skilled than me and were wagering 500poe, so I fully expected to loose, but it was holes so you never know when you can get lucky)

We played the game and it turned out I won. I said good game and the other player responded nice luck. (Not the nicest, but no biggie, it truly was luck...that's kind of the point of the holes). Then the person sent me a tell saying "keep your alt off my tables". I responded "excuse me? what does that mean?" At first I was thinking alt like alternate pirate(because I had heard some people who are really good at games make new accounts and basically cheat people out of their money because new pirates are automatically able) and that's not the case as I've used the same account off and on for the last 8 years or so. The pirate never responded so I replied "I've been using the same account/pirate for 8 years now as I've played the game off and on throughout that time" Their replay was "never said different""leave me alone and stay off my tables". Then I realized my previous error and that alt must mean my pirate character. At this point I truly just wanted to know what I did to piss them off. I responded "what did I do to you?""Because I got lucky at a game". I received no response so after several minutes I wrote "Please just explain it to me. I apologize if I did something to anger you, and if you could please inform me what that was so I don't make the same mistake in the future".

I never got a response so I thought I'd ask here. If there's some etiquette that I broke or am unaware of please let me know! Did I do something that was wrong to cause this person to tell me never to play with her again? Or was it just her having a bad night or something? Like I said I just want to know so that if I did something wrong I can know about it and not do it again.

Sorry for the length I just wanted to try and put as much details as possible so that I could get the best advise. Any help would be great!! Also if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it or let me know where it should be!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Psawyer5 at Jun 4, 2016 9:33:43 PM]
[Jun 4, 2016 9:31:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: Question regarding etiquette? Reply to this Post

You didn't do anything wrong. The sore loser was just acting being childish.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jun 4, 2016 10:24:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

It's extra funny that it was their table. Maybe they prefer to set their table to holes to make it easier to tell themselves that when they win it's pure skill, but when they lose it's pure luck. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jun 4, 2016 11:30:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ghostbeardz1

I also agree with Dexla's post above. Being put in that position & having to be the recipient of aggressive tells & false accusations...none of those things are your fault.

Quite often in life a person, when trying to justify their own patterns of anger or misbehavior, will try to convince themselves its other people's fault somehow & that their 'me vs. them' mindset is morally justified. Just remember that crossing paths with such a person is not your fault & having to be the recipient of their needless aggression is also not your fault.
Ghostbeards of Emerald
Senior Officer of The Royal United Navy
[Jun 5, 2016 6:45:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Layered

You did everything fine :) Not your fault they cant handle losing in a TD game ! (and as frustrating as holes can be at times, it goes both ways :P)
Layered - Cerulean/Meridian/Emerald/Ice
Chemically Imbalanced
Babylon

Puff, Puff, Pass
[Jun 10, 2016 10:02:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

You're in the clear.

The other pirate sounds salty. I don't wager much myself, but from watching, people can get insulted if they lose and try to deflect their lack of skill.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jun 14, 2016 1:02:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates