• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 34
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15918 times and has 33 replies Next Thread
Lofwyr

Black Flag is set to get Caravanserai back Reply to this Post

Upon a darkened night
The flame of war was burning hot in my breast
And by a lantern bright
I sailed to Caravanserai while all in quiet rest

Black Flag Intent Video

Black Flag attacking Caravanserai
Starts at 1:48 PM Pirate Time
Pay will be whatever it gets to - most probably quite high

Featuring at the Navwheel:
  • Jieret
  • Gonora
  • Hardcorebo
  • Rilee
  • Legendhunter
  • Meaganz
  • BrianJD

----------------------------------------
Lofwyr on Emerald (not active on any other)

SO of Privateers
Prince of Black Flag
[Jun 3, 2016 11:40:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Codefish8

Re: Black Flag is set to get Caravanserai back Reply to this Post

Good Luck and I do like the the video intent =)
Codefish
Bite the Pillow
Cake or Death? It really depends if it is a Chocolate Eclair!
[Jun 4, 2016 1:45:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Avienda_

Sounding like a parrot here but nice video, and good luck!
Avienda

SO of Nightmare

Steward of Legacy in the absense of the king
[Jun 4, 2016 2:10:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pete745

To add to Lofwyr's post:

Island plans - should we win, Caravanserai will be run as Black Flag always runs islands - reasonable taxes for shopowners, paying taxes on attractions (TP and BM) and only building to replace dusted shoppes should the island need them.

We will also be giving away one of our outposts to give a smaller flag a chance to own an island. Which one and method yet to be determined (possibly some type of event). Stay tuned should we win Cara and we will let you know!

Good luck to DITW today it should be lots of fun:)
Cheryll
Captain of Privateers
Queen of Black Flag
[Jun 4, 2016 3:10:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legendhunte2

intent video needs more persimmon
Legendhunter on all oceans

[Jun 4, 2016 6:02:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Good luck, will be there to support!
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jun 4, 2016 7:56:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBK4Life

Lovely intent :)! Im looking forward to the blockade.

Cheers!

Dark
Darksoul
Monarch of the flag Dead In The Water
[Jun 4, 2016 11:44:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lofwyr

Thank you to everyone who supported us or Dead In The Water. It was an amazing, fair and fun kade. Everyone who jobbed and puzzled made that possible thank you, thank you, thank you

SO of Privateers
Prince of Black Flag
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lofwyr at Jun 5, 2016 10:16:06 AM]
[Jun 4, 2016 7:27:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pete745

As promised... Manu island giveaway

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=205180

Good luck everyone!!
Cheryll
Captain of Privateers
Queen of Black Flag
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pete745 at Jun 5, 2016 5:35:48 PM]
[Jun 5, 2016 5:34:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Usarmy7

Multi drop incoming? Should be a fun couple weeks to watch. Grats on the win.
Armyboy says, "am i pretty"
Linxed says, "does the mirror burst if you look at it?"
Armyboy says, "yah ;_;"
Linxed says, "then you're to pretty for the mirror"
[Jun 5, 2016 6:38:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justrandomzz

The fact that this sorry nav lineup won really speaks volumes to the state of this game.
Justrandomzz on Emerald and Meridian
Captain of Shots Fired
King of Black Dawn Brigade
[Jun 5, 2016 8:02:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBK4Life

Thank you for the fun blockade Black Flag! :)

We also extend our gratitude to all the jobbers that came out to support us, our loyal allies and other friends.

We both played a fair game last saturday. We(DITW) have some work to do to gain the favor of more players currently playing the game so that we may be evenjobbed next time.

While i will not disclose our nav list in public. I want to thank all our navvers, some who came back from the locker and pulled off an amazing job. <3
Darksoul
Monarch of the flag Dead In The Water
[Jun 6, 2016 12:16:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lofwyr

The fact that this sorry nav lineup won really speaks volumes to the state of this game.

The fact that some sorry banned people post on forum speaks volumes to the state of their addiction.

SO of Privateers
Prince of Black Flag
[Jun 6, 2016 6:32:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justrandomzz

The fact that some sorry banned people post on forum speaks volumes to the state of their addiction.

Didn't know that coming on here once every few months is an addiction. And to be honest, getting banned was great. I decided to add another major while Im in college. So thanks YPP for the ban (although, I still don't get how you will not provide any evidence whatsoever of what I did).
Justrandomzz on Emerald and Meridian
Captain of Shots Fired
King of Black Dawn Brigade
[Jun 6, 2016 11:32:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mukundrocks3

Win a cade without outjobbing with those navers and then talk lof :)

And he just stated something which even your allies (BTP) used to say all the time when u were on opposite sides. I feel they wont say the same now :P ( #jobbersupportplz)
mukundgoel
Prince of Low Blow
[Jun 6, 2016 1:32:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lofwyr

Win a cade without outjobbing with those navers and then talk lof :)

And he just stated something which even your allies (BTP) used to say all the time when u were on opposite sides. I feel they wont say the same now :P ( #jobbersupportplz)

I never claimed to have an all rockstar navteam - but at least it is our own people (and one ally replacing Jieret because he had to leave based on timezones)
But apart from that - as I always said: I rather lose with my own people - than win with all externals.

Furthermore yes we had more jobbers - but the number of ships on the board was always equal (or similar) 2 frigs 2 brigs vs 1 frig 4 brigs ; 2 frigs 2 brigs vs 2 frigs 2 brigs... We are talking of having in average 9 more jobbers over the whole kade, that's not even a serious ship on the board.

But yes - I stand to it: I cannot win any kade if I am not outjobbing - so what ?

SO of Privateers
Prince of Black Flag
[Jun 6, 2016 1:50:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strategyking

Furthermore yes we had more jobbers - but the number of ships on the board was always equal (or similar) 2 frigs 2 brigs vs 1 frig 4 brigs ; 2 frigs 2 brigs vs 2 frigs 2 brigs... We are talking of having in average 9 more jobbers over the whole kade, that's not even a serious ship on the board.

Rip

Credit to Avienda for the image.
Strategy - Meridian
Strategyy - Emerald
[Jun 6, 2016 5:16:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lofwyr

does not change the fact that the same/equal number of ships was on the kadeboard about whole kade

SO of Privateers
Prince of Black Flag
[Jun 6, 2016 7:52:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

That image was sent around fast.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jun 6, 2016 8:37:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strategyking

does not change the fact that the same/equal number of ships was on the kadeboard about whole kade

Right cause undermanned ships are just as good as regular ones. :)

Not really invested, but will call out bull cannon when I see it.
Strategy - Meridian
Strategyy - Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Strategyking at Jun 6, 2016 11:16:13 PM]
[Jun 6, 2016 11:14:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legendhunte2

all depends ont he level of jobbers if you have elite jobbers on an undermanned against full dist on the other but a decently filled somehow i'd prefer the undermanned
Legendhunter on all oceans

[Jun 7, 2016 4:03:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

What about small ships, normally BF is up like 32 small ships, might be worth taking those into calculation when trying to talk about outshipping.
hi im kev
#FreeOceancool
Pauldancer&Paulisma
[Jun 7, 2016 5:17:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lofwyr

Ok lets look at some facts that happened here as it seems most people who post were not directly involved.

- BF did have more jobbers for the majority of the kade
- BF did never outpay at any point
- BF did not match pay when up a significant number of jobbers (more than 8 was the number as far as I recall - Cheryll correct me on this)
- When our Landstaff realized we were up jobbers significantly they stopped jobbing until DITW was able to catch up
- BF had 1 dhow as a small ship on the board - DITW had 2-3 sloops and/or a longship
- I do not see anyone from DITW complain about being outjobbed
- Except for Round 4 I did not see any undermanned DITW ships on the board - I must admit I did not do a /vw for every single ship entering - but no ship (except for the undermanned frig in R4) gave the impression of being undermanned at any point
- We from BF want to thank DITW for a fun kade ;-)

SO of Privateers
Prince of Black Flag
[Jun 7, 2016 7:12:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Are people really complaining that a flag has more friends and a better strategy and won because of it.

I job friend/alliance first then for people who treat me well on my main and on my alts. Black Flag, and Trunks wins that battle most times.

So when it comes to kade time I am less likely to job for people who don't do anything but kade, or behave in ways that I don't like. Black Flag with Meaganz and her many tourneys, Jiert with tops and 100% runs and over all treatment of jobbers.

Congratulations to Black Flag for having more people who want to job and show up for you! As well as having the knowledge that putting small ships on flags to win points and in the end wins kades.

It seems clear to me that there is a social game that needs to be played along with a side of skill, I am am not good at it. I have built a crew it died off as I grew tired of the tells, attempted to get into kading flags but way to many hidden alliances for me to care to search out who is who or what is really going on.

It is frustrating, but to cry about not having equal number of jobbers but more skill? Figure it out and get them to show up for you.

Can I drop on an island and because its just me and I don't have friends expect who ever I attack to just enter the same ship and not over job me or pay war me. Probably not.

Just my thoughts, allays found the expectation of a kade being "fair" ridiculous play to win. If you have more money buy the win, more friends your willing to pay hire them. The right ships for the board get them on the flags. WIN and WIN by a crushing defeat.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Jun 7, 2016 7:31:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strategyking

Yeah lof, hope I didn't come across as complaining, just wanted to point out some inaccuracies for other people who seem to be sad even though they weren't even there.

I know Black Flag definitely did everything they could to play "fair" for cara, but obviously the board wasn't fair in the end, which really isn't on BF. Honestly think that that this past weekend BF's navs didn't get punished that hard at all in 1v1's, except for maybe frig 1v1s, so I mean credit where credit is due. I still don't think the lineup is very strong, but hey you did well and won so I guess the other side messed up on something. Err and there were undermanned ships in pretty much every round. (I know cause I got them :D) But like nbd, that's the right call to try to win the round, can't just have you guys flagsit :'D

Filthyjake hit it right on the nail, you all should listen to him.
Strategy - Meridian
Strategyy - Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Strategyking at Jun 7, 2016 8:25:37 AM]
[Jun 7, 2016 8:23:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Codefish8

Just my thoughts, allays found the expectation of a kade being "fair" ridiculous play to win. If you have more money buy the win, more friends your willing to pay hire them. The right ships for the board get them on the flags. WIN and WIN by a crushing defeat.

By this reasoning Jake, the first flag to a 1000 people with 1 sloop each and 3 alts a boat will win every blockade - by flooding the board like an Armada. RIP server.
Codefish
Bite the Pillow
Cake or Death? It really depends if it is a Chocolate Eclair!
[Jun 7, 2016 1:36:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

By this reasoning Jake, the first flag to a 1000 people with 1 sloop each and 3 alts a boat will win every blockade - by flooding the board like an Armada. RIP server.

If all points are covered with larger ships the sloops won't score. Unlikely a sloop naved by anyone takes out a frig that can hold points.

1000 people per side? not since i joined 3 years ago do i recall seeing 1000 people on at once. Including alts. If 10 sloops could win a kade it would be cost effective 70 jobbers, 20 sloops if you had 140 people. May be worth a try, As someone who has seen it attempted on Penobscot the brigs and a few sloops win, or a few sloops to hold points and a dhow to go stink sloops makes a sloop swarm annoying but rather ineffective.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Jun 7, 2016 2:05:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Duck_man2000

Ok lets look at some facts that happened here as it seems most people who post were not directly involved.

- BF did have more jobbers for the majority of the kade
- BF did never outpay at any point
- BF did not match pay when up a significant number of jobbers (more than 8 was the number as far as I recall - Cheryll correct me on this)
- When our Landstaff realized we were up jobbers significantly they stopped jobbing until DITW was able to catch up
- BF had 1 dhow as a small ship on the board - DITW had 2-3 sloops and/or a longship
- I do not see anyone from DITW complain about being outjobbed
- Except for Round 4 I did not see any undermanned DITW ships on the board - I must admit I did not do a /vw for every single ship entering - but no ship (except for the undermanned frig in R4) gave the impression of being undermanned at any point
- We from BF want to thank DITW for a fun kade ;-)

Okay as the LA/JC for the cade so therefore i guess making me directly involved.

- You had us outjobbed at every point in the cade i saw apart from one spell in R3.
- You never did outpay, credit to you on that, although you did match pretty quick as soon as it even got near 5-8 between sides.
- There is no way your land staff could of stopped jobbing as even us pulling jobbers when we raised pay you were still gaining jobbers, a stall in jobbing would mean no influx.
- You had us outjobbed and i found out Lofwyr wasn't german, It was a tragedy.
- We actually undermanned quite a few WBs at 16-20 just to force them back on the board quickly, some even with maybe 1 gunner.
- Thanks for the blockade though :).

Off back to watching movies.
Soulsearcher

On Obsidian.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Duck_man2000 at Jun 7, 2016 2:23:55 PM]
[Jun 7, 2016 2:22:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Duck_man2000

Double post but this is not me complaining at all, Just pointing stuff out, It was a good blockade
Soulsearcher

On Obsidian.
[Jun 7, 2016 2:33:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ForumBoocher

- There is no way your land staff could of stopped jobbing as even us pulling jobbers when we raised pay you were still gaining jobbers, a stall in jobbing would mean no influx.

They definitely did! If you'll reference that graphic from earlier you can see where there were huge drops in numbers for Blackade but increases for PewPew Frigate down... This is in contrast to when both flags were jobbing with even pay, where BF constantly outjobbed DITW.

At least once they delayed increasing the job offer to let DITW catch up, and I remember (not to say there weren't more instances) twice when they stopped jobbing altogether to help DITW catch up.

As a member of BF maybe you think I'm biased or lying... But honestly I was amazed at how they ran their cade (This was my first cade with them). They were constantly worrying about keeping the jobbing even (within 10) as they were losing both round 1 and 2 massively. They stalled jobbing or failed to match pay when they were losing. Blew me away. I certainly would not have thought to disadvantage myself simply because I pulled more jobbers with the same pay. Very classy move, and one that speaks more to valuing the game and the contest more than just winning.

Wasn't going to say anything about this because it's really not my place, but when you started calling into question a statement that is utterly true it rustled my jimmies a little.

I just want to say that I was very impressed with the way they ran their cade from a spirit of the game standpoint, and it would be a shame to have that called into question falsely.

Echoing my more important flag mates who have already posted here, huge credit to DITW for an excellent cade and wonderful bnav from some undermanned ships. Y'all had great turnaround on those WBs and seemed to be very fun and honorable about the whole thing. Made for an excellent experience in my first real cade back active. Thank you.
Alexjustalex
Natural Born Chillers
Emerald Ocean
[Jun 8, 2016 10:10:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates