• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3395 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
bailet

Vessel Configuration to Pay Top Performances Reply to this Post

Much like blockade pay was a player driven feature- we have seen the advent of paying pirates for their top station performance in the likes of SMH's and the occasional pillage since the release of atlantis itself.

Adding a vessel configuration to automatically pay out pirates who are the top performance on their station would be a nice addition and a way to easily streamline the SMH duties that must be performed by several pirates.

I would even forsee payout settings similar to blockades:
Elite/Even/Performance
as well as options for Treasure Haul/Foraging.

Perhaps the largest turnoff to do something like this from a ship running perspective is the amount of time it takes during 1 minute breaks or league points. This would free up a duty of the MAA/XO on a ship as well as increase the odds of players paying out tops - creating light competition on ships.

Poe for payout would be held in the configuration screen and would be returned to the player upon the ship sinking.
----------------------------------------
Clotho tells ye, "did you hide the skellies this time?"
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
Dalnoth's Favorite Pirate
[Jun 3, 2016 4:19:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

Re: Vessel Configuration to Pay Top Performances Reply to this Post

Just want to bump this as I was thinking about this today. It would be so much nicer to automate the process

I would even add top tokens to the mix if possible as well
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[May 22, 2018 12:36:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

would be a great addition
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[May 22, 2018 1:14:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HungryJack61

You would just need to parse what qualifies as a "top." A perfect example is THaul: Some people prefer to just pay the top, some prefer instead to pay whoever hauled the most chests, or the most SC (in HS). Some prefer to pay the top gunner, some prefer to pay whoever fills the most guns. What if THaul is only active for a single 30-second turn and nobody really hauls anything? Would that still get payed out?

I definitely like the idea, in theory. I think it would just take some refinement because it's not as cut-and-dry as it seems.
[May 22, 2018 3:32:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

you could add a box. like the box needed for event cade in which you can tick off boxes of ships which can enter.

In this example you could tick off for boxes which pay out tops.
[May 22, 2018 4:12:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

"Some prefer to pay the top gunner, some prefer to pay whoever fills the most guns. "

As an aside, the fact that these can be not the same people seems like a pretty weird state for the gun-filling puzzle to be in.
[May 22, 2018 5:23:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HungryJack61

"Some prefer to pay the top gunner, some prefer to pay whoever fills the most guns. "

As an aside, the fact that these can be not the same people seems like a pretty weird state for the gun-filling puzzle to be in.

If I hop on a gun and fill all four in 2 seconds, but then hop off and don't fill again, I might get an incred, but I certainly won't fill the most.
[May 23, 2018 12:14:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

...Yes, that is the point I was making.
[May 23, 2018 8:32:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

You could make one box that sets pay for top DR, and another box to pay top "token", which would pay to the gunner with the most loaded, the TH with the most chests, and everyone else by the most tokens (if somewhere where they appear).

This would allow you to pay either one, the other, or both, and set the prices differently (E.G: 1k for top DR, 500 for top tokens).
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[May 23, 2018 9:25:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Yes!

This is very much needed.
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[May 23, 2018 6:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HungryJack61

...Yes, that is the point I was making.

It's the same way with any other puzzle. It has less to do with the amount of time that you played the puzzle and more to do with your scoring. Someone can come in halfway between smh breaks, start carping, and get incred, meanwhile someone who has been carping the whole segment and has fixed more damage than the incred person gets only an excellent/good.

Not a single puzzle is based on the results of your performance, its based solely on performance. Otherwise THaul would be based purely on who hauls the most money/chests, bilge would be based on who clears the most total bilge between DRs, carp based on who repairs the most damage between DRs, etc.
[May 25, 2018 7:32:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates