• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4501 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Allieoop8

Missing Ship? Reply to this Post

So, I returned to Puzzle Pirates after about 8 years of being offline. Apparently, I love the nostalgia of old websites from my youth. Anyway, I have the deed to my ship, but when I click on "Where's my vessel?", it says I don't have a boat WHICH IS A LIE. But I also cannot find the damn boat anywhere, not even with the /vwho <boat name> code, and it's making me pretty sad. Can anyone help me figure out how/where to find my boat?
[May 22, 2016 8:51:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

Re: Missing Ship? Reply to this Post

my guess is wrong ocean...

midnight & cobalt were merged unto cerulean
viridian & malachite were merged unto meridian
hunter & sage were merged unto emerald

only ice, opal & sage remained the same
family ocean crimson were discontinued

try selecting different oceans and see if ye can find yer ships

or it could be a matter of logging into wrong pirate name bcos the ocean merger also changed things a little with pirate name

what ye thought was on yer original pirate at the right ocean might now be on pirate-west or pirate-east instead
----------------------------------------
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[May 23, 2016 12:49:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

If your pirate has the deed it can't be that you have the wrong pirate or wrong ocean.

Only two things I can think of is if it has been sunk or a bug. I am not sure if you keep the deed when a ship is sunk but check you booty to see if you have a ship in a bottle, if that is the case then the ship has been sunk, (though it must have sunk in the last 60 days) you can get it back by salvaging it at a shipyard but it will cost the same as a new plain one of that type (i.e. effectively you get the paint and props back)

If you don't have a ship in the bottle I would petition an OM.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[May 23, 2016 4:43:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I don't know why this would happen with a ship you already own, but when I have won a ship that was delivered to me by an ocean master, I've had to trade the deed to an alt of mine, and then trade it back to my main again, for the ship to appear at the dock. (If you don't have an alt or 2nd account, you can ask a trusted hearty)

It's worth giving it a shot.
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 23, 2016 5:46:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

my bad.. dunno how i missed this "Anyway, I have the deed to my ship, but..."

if its recently sunken (within 60 days), ye should still be able to see it via "Where's my vessel" in which it will says "At the bottom off the sea"

dexla's explanation seemed the most plausible
if her suggestion didnt work, petition ingame fer support assistance
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[May 23, 2016 8:39:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

my bad.. dunno how i missed this "Anyway, I have the deed to my ship, but..."

if its recently sunken (within 60 days), ye should still be able to see it via "Where's my vessel" in which it will says "At the bottom off the sea"

dexla's explanation seemed the most plausible
if her suggestion didnt work, petition ingame fer support assistance

While I've not had any of my ships sunk, wouldn't the deed poof if the ship has been sunk? And I'm pretty sure the ship in a bottle will appear in the inventory for recently sunk ships.

Maybe I should go find a sinking flot and test with one of my ships...
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 27, 2016 9:08:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Yes, you're correct:

https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ship_salvaging
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[May 27, 2016 9:23:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Just to add some clarification:

If a ship sinks, the deed is removed from the owner's inventory, and it is replaced by a sunken bottle. The sunken bottles appear in the same inventory places as the respective deeds, and always sort at the top of the list, in front of any deeds.

The only caveat to this is that I don't know what happens to the deed and/or bottle if a crew-owned ship (where the owning pirate was deleted and the deed is on the vessel) is sunk.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[May 27, 2016 10:24:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

If you still have the deed of the (unsunk) ship but it's not showing up correctly in your crew, trade the deed to an alt of yours then back again to update things: something about the crew it was in changed but it hasn't registered properly with the ship as you haven't been online in a while.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[May 30, 2016 12:44:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates