• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8516 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Dexla

In lieu of a LE ship release, could this ship be released in it's place? Reply to this Post

During the Limited Edition Ship Design contest, Part II we were given a "plus cabin" sloop design to work with as our base model. During times where getting around to create a LE ship is not feasible, could that model ship*, as well as perhaps some other LE ship parts like hatch covers, figureheads, and ship wheels, be released in-game instead?

* with one change to the aft wall of the cabin: If the 2 windows could be removed, it would give pirates ample room to hang larger pictures, banners, sharks, or mounted tentacles in their sloops

----------------------------------------
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 10, 2016 11:43:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mackmorrison

Re: In lieu of a LE ship release, could this ship be released in it's place? Reply to this Post

Yes, yes, yes.
Mrm on Cerulean

Now more unpredictable than ever.

[May 10, 2016 11:45:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
knightlord87

Re: In lieu of a LE ship release, could this ship be released in it's place? Reply to this Post

Yes yes, yes. Yes. Yes. PLEASE. I've wanted that design forever.
Danoth - Meridian and Emerald Oceans

"Why do ye speak in such an odd manner, lad? Ye be on me vessel, so ye best be talkin' like ye be on a ship." - Danoth, basically whenever people question his pirate talk.
[May 11, 2016 11:50:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

oh yes please but can it be Maroon?
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[May 11, 2016 12:24:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

If it comes "naked" you can paint it whatever colors you want!
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 11, 2016 1:02:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

A million times yes.

And if we could hang banners or similarly sized wall-mounted stuff on the side of the ship or on the mast, huge bonus.
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[May 11, 2016 2:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Would be great! :D
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[May 12, 2016 2:45:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

If it comes "naked" you can paint it whatever colors you want!

LOL silly Paulie what a Clown ...Face Palm Doh!
[May 13, 2016 4:08:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I would also like to see this! I thought I only had one or two thoughts to add, but then my brain started spewing ideas, so here's a few of my ideas/suggestions:

1) I would recommend that it be released as a new class of sloop, as opposed to a new ship type. Possible class names would include "Blank", "Empty", "Colorable", "Designer", and I'm sure a whole host of others. (I personally like the sound of "Designer Class sloop".) This would also allow ARRtist creativity in choosing Artistic, Creative, Decorative, Designer, Painter, etc. adjectives for this class. See what I did there?

2) I would additionally recommend that this be a permanently available class of sloop. I'm okay with or without it requiring a design, though if it does require a design, just have the design cost straight up PoE. Or maybe junk furniture.

3) Although I would not personally use it, I also second the idea of making more types of replaceable ship-bound furniture (hatches, ladders, doorways, staircases). Additionally, I support adding options for "plain" figureheads, cannons, and helms (the ability to revert to the default look for the ship type).

4) I also second the idea of making the mast, and the front of the crow's nest, 1-wide walls for the purposes of placing banners, etc. Most LE ships have an item hanging from at least one of those two places.

5) I would like it if all wooden items that cannot be removed could be recolored. Specifically, things like the "leave the ship" ship and the stairs themselves (not the railing) could match existing categories (hull, trim, walls, railing, etc.). There could also be a new "deck" category for walkable surfaces. Maybe even the carpentry station could change colors!

6) The design shown has four scenes (Cabin, Crow's nest, Main deck, and Main hold). I would also recommend adding a fifth scene at the back of the Main hold (and making the main hold slightly smaller to accommodate). This ship has the potential to be used in extremely creative ways, and I would hate to see it limited to three wardrobes/trinket cases, etc.

7) I would support limited use of moving stations/holds/leave the ship/navigation tables. Allow them to be moved within a scene, but not removed. Cannons could be moved only on the same side of the same deck they're already on, and the railing with a hole for the cannon could move with it.

8) I would like to (eventually, not at inital release) see this done for several ship types. It would be fun to see a blockade fleet of custom-designed ships matching the flag's name!

9) Slightly off-topic, but related: Currently, adding a chest to a ship allows you to access the PoE in the hold (either deposit-only or withdraw-deposit depending on your privilege aboard the ship). Many LE ships come with a Fancy chest that instead offers access to the booty (not just the PoE, but the items in it as well). Would it be possible to make it so chests can access the full hold (basically by adding the action="vessel:hold" tag to the object)? Would it also be possible to place chests that can access the booty (by adding the action="vessel:booty" tag)? As far as which chest is which type, it could either be a checkbox when placing, or simply say "only fancy chests can access the booty, the rest access the hold". I think this would allow for some more thematic scenes.

10) Items 1 and 2, above, would need to be decided before the ship's release. All the others could come slowly (or not at all) in future releases, as dev time allows.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[May 17, 2016 2:05:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

[quote='Jamesh']
6) The design shown has four scenes (Cabin, Crow's nest, Main deck, and Main hold). I would also recommend adding a fifth scene at the back of the Main hold (and making the main hold slightly smaller to accommodate). This ship has the potential to be used in extremely creative ways, and I would hate to see it limited to three wardrobes/trinket cases, etc.[/quote]

Oh yes! An extra room below deck would be nice too! I agree with everything Jamesh listed too!

But since we're throwing out some *more* suggestions (hehe), I wish we could hang items on the walls below decks (on the inside of the hull,) and it would be coded into the game so it'd apply to all current ships as well.... *swoons*

I promise not to nail anything in too deep into the hull of a ship that might cause a leak.... cross my heart.
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 18, 2016 8:43:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

[quote][quote='Jamesh']
6) The design shown has four scenes (Cabin, Crow's nest, Main deck, and Main hold). I would also recommend adding a fifth scene at the back of the Main hold (and making the main hold slightly smaller to accommodate). This ship has the potential to be used in extremely creative ways, and I would hate to see it limited to three wardrobes/trinket cases, etc.[/quote]

Oh yes! An extra room below deck would be nice too! I agree with everything Jamesh listed too!

But since we're throwing out some *more* suggestions (hehe), I wish we could hang items on the walls below decks (on the inside of the hull,) and it would be coded into the game so it'd apply to all current ships as well.... *swoons*

I promise not to nail anything in too deep into the hull of a ship that might cause a leak.... cross my heart.[/quote]

Shipyards could sell special corks for the plugging of holes!
[May 19, 2016 12:19:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Jamesh wrote: 

6) The design shown has four scenes (Cabin, Crow's nest, Main deck, and Main hold). I would also recommend adding a fifth scene at the back of the Main hold (and making the main hold slightly smaller to accommodate). This ship has the potential to be used in extremely creative ways, and I would hate to see it limited to three wardrobes/trinket cases, etc.

I promise not to nail anything in too deep into the hull of a ship that might cause a leak.... cross my heart.

Shipyards could sell special corks for the plugging of holes!

This was bugging me. Quotes are fixed.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[May 19, 2016 5:48:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Just giving this thread a bump, because I want this dearly. Have wanted a non LE version of this sloop for me to paint and not have random decorations that dont go along with coloring or its name, etc.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Oct 8, 2016 9:01:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Agreeing with the bump.

I'm aware that dev time has (very gratefully) gone to pillages recently, and that's great! But if there is going to be some sort of "What would you like to see us work on" list (not pressuring, simply hoping), this idea needs to be on that list.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Oct 12, 2016 5:56:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I'm aware that dev time has (very gratefully) gone to pillages recently, and that's great! But if there is going to be some sort of "What would you like to see us work on" list (not pressuring, simply hoping), this idea needs to be on that list.

Well, it's not a developer-sponsored thread, but you can always add it to:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=205764

Personally, I would like to see more done with customizable ships and less in the way of pre-designed ships, myself. I would especially like to see ones with actual walls to decorate.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Oct 12, 2016 9:38:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Personally, I would like to see more done with customizable ships and less in the way of pre-designed ships, myself. I would especially like to see ones with actual walls to decorate.

Oh, to be able to hang things on the main hold walls... and to paint them!

A pirate can dream, right?
Dexla d'Midnight
[Oct 12, 2016 10:29:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

We can dream! :)
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Oct 17, 2016 12:07:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates