• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2914 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Cryptic

Latest Code - Logon Failed Reply to this Post

Logon Failed: An error occured connecting to the server. Your client may be out of date. Please try quitting and restarting.

This is after dl/ing the new release and such + quitting and restarting.

I'll give it 5 minutes then I'll show you a thing or two with my blade before falling asleep on my way to bed...

Good luck!
----------------------------------------
Cryptic

When the fell moon rises and kingdoms fall
There's a time of darkness before cock's call
When the Tide washes in from windward to lee
And she leaves behind her a blood-red sea
[Jan 21, 2003 5:39:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cryptic

Re: Latest Code - Logon Failed Reply to this Post

Working but the char selection graphics are ... out of this world?
Cryptic

[Jan 21, 2003 5:40:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cryptic

More specifically view from three angles of the char layered on top of each other with black and grey rectangles hanging around.
Cryptic

[Jan 21, 2003 5:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Minor release pains. All sorted out and ship shape now. Release notes forthcoming. Not as tardy as last time, I promise.
[Jan 21, 2003 6:35:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Joven

Same logon error is happening to me
[Mar 16, 2003 5:24:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joven

Anybody know whats up with this? Game doesnt work on either of my computers now.
[Mar 16, 2003 10:07:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Wacky! Reply to this Post

There was a brief problem when I rebooted the server badly. It should be fine now (indeed, lots of people have just been tournamenting). If it's really stuffed try reinstalling? Email me if the problem continues.

Cleaver daniel@threerings.net
[Mar 16, 2003 10:28:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Livesey

Multiple avatar perspectives at login Reply to this Post

I had the problem of seeing three rotations of my avatar at character selection awhile back on one of my computers. The fix turned out to be deleting some cached files from my "Documents And Settings" folder... I think it was everything (and subdirectories) under "\Documents And Settings\user\.naryarsrc\"

-Hethor
-Hethor
[Mar 17, 2003 2:38:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joven

Unfortunately, I tried this and it didnt help. I think its because it redownloads when you start the program anyway. : (
[Mar 17, 2003 3:05:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joven

Any other suggestions? Was working fine for a while then this problem started appearing. If it helps im using Windows 2000 on both computers and have a Geforce 4 card on the main one. Help me get back onto the seas : (
[Mar 17, 2003 4:17:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

The error you're seeing is not actually a version related problem (we have changed that error message in the unpublished build).

It says that when it can't establish a network connection to the game server. This could be for a variety of reasons, any of which could be temporary.

See if you can access http://azure3.puzzlepirates.com/ which is the machine on which the game server is running. If you can access that via your web browser, then it's possible that someone erected a firewall in between you and our servers in the meanwhile and you can no longer connect to port 4007 which is the one that the game client uses to talk to the game server.

Otherwise, I don't know what it might be. If you run Java Web Start and open the preferences panel, you can instruct it to display a console via the advanced preferences. This will show you the client's error log which might contain information which would help us to understand why you're unable to connect.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Joven

Yeah, I cant acssess that, says cannot find page. Is ther e anything I can do to fix this?
[Mar 19, 2003 7:31:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joven

:) Just connected, just went to the Java thing and typed in the proxy and port you said : )
[Mar 19, 2003 7:35:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

It must be some sort of networking problem then. It could be DNS (which is responsible for converting azure3.puzzlepirates.com to the number that is needed to actually talk to that computer ) or some other networking problem.

The peculiar thing is that if you can post here, that means you can resolve www.puzzlepirates.com and the information for that is published in the exact same way as azure3.puzzlepirates.com.

There's not much I can do given that this sort of thing can require lengthy and time consuming investigation, time that I should be spending developing the game at the moment. You can try asking your ISP, but other than that I can only hope that perhaps it is a temporary problem (which is likely given that it worked, absolutely nothing changed, and it stopped working).
[Mar 19, 2003 7:36:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Joven

well, I switched from letting my browser try to automatically connect me to the mannual thing then typed in the port and proxy you posted : )
[Mar 20, 2003 5:07:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

ok, we just got a new computer, and we're trying to get Y!PP on it . . . it starts to download stuff, but the screen says "m.title" instead of something Y!PP-related, and when it's done downloading, it says that the initialization has failed. Sound familiar at all? Pretend like we're Java-stupid and ye won't be far off . . .

Homullus, for a frustrated Thusnelda
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser
[May 24, 2003 1:37:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Sounds like there might have been some kind of corruption with the initial install of the client. Have you tried uninstalling the Yohoho client (via Java Web Start> Application>Remove Application) and then redownloading the basic install file and giving it another shot?
[May 24, 2003 2:43:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

Actually, Ely, I did that, and now it won't even let me download the bundles. It just jumps right to "m.initialization_failed." VERY frustrating. (I even reinstalled Java.)
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser
[May 25, 2003 2:15:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Try this:
- Remove Yohoho from Java Web Start
- Open up File - Preferences in Java Web Start; select the "Advanced" tab and click on the "Clear folder" button in the "Applications Folder Options" section.
- Find the directory named .yohoho (notice the dot in front of the yohoho) -- it should be in your home directory which is in the "Documents and Settings" directory -- and delete it in its entirety.

Then try clicking on the link to download the Yohoho! client and it should install it afresh. If that doesn't work, we'll try to sort out the ability for you to send us some error log files so that we can look more closely into what's going on.
[May 25, 2003 3:05:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

Still having problems, but I'll send you what I was able to capture in a log.
Madam, proud Looterata
[May 26, 2003 1:36:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates