• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4683 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
knightlord87

Best step up from Sloops? Reply to this Post

After coming back from a long break, I realized something; I've almost never sailed or fought commanding anything bigger than a sloop and cutter. My question is: what's the best step up? I'm trying to build up a collection of ships before starting a crew, so it should be something good for that. I was looking at a Baghlah or even jumping all the way to a War Brig, but I'm unsure...

TL;DR - What's the first medium ship I should get?
----------------------------------------
Danoth - Meridian and Emerald Oceans

"Why do ye speak in such an odd manner, lad? Ye be on me vessel, so ye best be talkin' like ye be on a ship." - Danoth, basically whenever people question his pirate talk.
[Apr 21, 2016 10:35:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Re: Best step up from Sloops? Reply to this Post

Rome will go on and on about a MB, but if it were me, and the ocean could support it, I'd go WB.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Apr 21, 2016 12:18:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I do like using a fanchuan - it can be run with a relatively small crew, but you can spawn up to baghlahs if you do well.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Apr 21, 2016 5:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
escooper

I do like using a fanchuan - it can be run with a relatively small crew, but you can spawn up to baghlahs if you do well.

I prefer the fanch. If you have a decent gunner and sailor, a crew of 3 can win a lot of battles. I like to pilly in fanch with about 8-10. Around 10-12 I get baghlahs and also MBs.

The Fanch spawns cutters early on and the large shot really does the damage.

Samjones
Samjones (All oceans)
Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
[May 3, 2016 12:39:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates