• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20860 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Imohara

Beautiful Nights - The Sloop Flotilla Relay Race! Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates! We'll be hosting our first ocean-wide event this coming Saturday! Please have a read of the details below. Hope you can all attend!

Who: Everyone on the Ocean

What: Everyone will enter in teams of two. The first participant will race to the back wall and touch the back wall (go out of bounds) before turning around and reaching and heading back to the safezone. The second partner may not begin their expedition until the first has arrived in the safe zone.

The first team to have both members complete the relay wins. Strictly only one pirate aboard each sloop but feel free to pack some cannonballs to sink other participants.

Disqualification:
-- Bringing any ship in other than a sloop
-- Sinking
-- Turning Around and heading to the safe zone before hitting the backwall
-- Having more than one person on each sloop
-- Leaving the safe zone before your partner gets there.
-- Unsportsmanlike conduct

Where: Amity Island (Non-Sinking)

When: 9am PST, Saturday 16th April

How? Entry fee is 15k per participant (Even if your alt is your partner):

Prize:
300k to be split up between the winning team. (150k Per person)

-------------

If you'd like to purchase a ticket then please speak to any Royal of Beautiful Nights. If you have any questions regarding the details of the event itself please contact Jackbeardh!

Look forward to seeing you all there!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Imohara at Apr 12, 2016 1:07:53 PM]
[Apr 11, 2016 5:55:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackbeardh

Re: Beautiful Nights - The Sloop Flotilla Relay Race! Reply to this Post

Be there or be square. Bring your own partners and lots of cbs. Contact me (Jackbeardh) in game or any Beautiful Nights royal to purchase a ticket.
[Apr 11, 2016 6:27:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Imohara

Hi all,

Entry fee has been lowered to 15k and the prize bumped up to 150k per winning team member.
[Apr 12, 2016 1:08:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackbeardh

If you and your partner have purchased a ticket please post your names below and your team name. Tickets have to be purchased no later than 9 AM Game time on The day of the event. If a royal is not on and you need to purchase a ticket please send a tell to Jackbeardh

UncleJack : Jackbeardh and Tbd
Ghostbeard Cruiseliners - Ghostbeardz and Muv
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Jackbeardh at Apr 12, 2016 4:19:23 PM]
[Apr 12, 2016 1:21:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Has any one attempted this and succeeded would be fun with a team however very difficult to station and nav with the larger ships lurking.

Will green pirates be allowed as I believe they would gain a extra swabie?

Won't spawn increase as more ships enter? if 10 people join will you have 20 sloops sitting in the safe zone?

Will you have a watch ship?

Best time i could manage with one ship was about 20min.

I would enter/put together a team to play but solo wasn't much fun for me, good luck on your event.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Apr 12, 2016 3:17:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackbeardh

We will only be permitting the Pirates who purchase the tickets to enter, meaning if you purchase it on Jackbeard, then Jackbeardjr won't be the one entering. And Tickets won't be sold to green named pirates as a way to control it. Its been attempted in the past as just a way of passing time with just two pirates on two sloops though and it worked well. Even if the spawn is increased, it will only make it more fun/difficult and according to Emerlaus the flotilla master, it will only increase slightly. Regardless of how this turns out, we will have some kind of winner and in the event that we don't, we will raffle the prize out. A competition of this size has not been done to my knowledge in a flotilla so i can't exactly predict the outcome. And yes we will have a watch ship for those that are either eliminated or just wish to watch.
[Apr 12, 2016 4:27:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
care_2_sea

Is yr partner allowed to move about in the safe zone while waiting?
Once Emmaretta on Cobalt
Now Emmaretta on Emerald
[Apr 12, 2016 8:40:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackbeardh

Is yr partner allowed to move about in the safe zone while waiting?

I don't see any reason why not, as long as you don't find your way to the outside of the safezone before your time, anything's fair game.
[Apr 13, 2016 6:28:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackbeardh

Thanks to Emerlaus sinking the flotilla despite being requested not to and him giving his word, this event has been canceled till further notice. Refunds will be issued out to those that bought a ticket.
[Apr 13, 2016 7:00:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Thanks to Emerlaus sinking the flotilla despite being requested not to and him giving his word, this event has been canceled till further notice. Refunds will be issued out to those that bought a ticket.

To be fair, I have said I would keep Madam last while keeping Barny alive for personal reasons and I have sticked to my word!

I had 2 flots to deal with before madam and the unexpected reboot this morning made everything 500% easier!

Besides as anyone else has told me today, Theres new spawns tomorrow and it doesnt take much effort to swabbie barnacle within a 48 hours delay! If ye cant do a 48 hours prep ... Dont bother being a cading flag since ye have 24 hours to do prep by then!

EDIT: Fixed chat filter words!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by etieti at Apr 13, 2016 7:22:56 PM]
[Apr 13, 2016 7:17:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Ah shucks, I was really looking forward to this event Emerrrrrrr.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Apr 14, 2016 5:45:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackbeardh

Update

The flotilla event will still happen, the time, date and location will remain tbd with the hopes that the great Flotilla Sinker Emerlaus doesn't "mistakenly" sink all of them by the date. Expect it sometime in the next two weeks. Feel free to contact a royal in the flag Beautiful Nights to purchase a ticket. Thank you.
[Apr 14, 2016 2:40:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates