• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9293 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
omyme

I-N-K April KH Competition! Reply to this Post

Event ended, You can still see the leaderboard tho :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16LZOyHFEdlW1GEosguJOlp95RrqR4iH-gzH40VwVSDQ/edit?usp=sharing

We will be having our next competition on the 23rd and 24th of April. It will be a kraken hunt much like events we've held in the past, but this time all entries will be hosted by flag volunteers. To enter, simply check the notice board on those days when one of our hosts is available.

Prizes:
Overall prizes will be awarded to the highest scores out of all the entries.
1st. KH ready Lovestruck Class Sloop won by Nightkiller
2nd. KH ready plain Sloop won by Privatesam
3rd. 200 lifeboats from Armstrong Island won by Jarviss

A prize will also be awarded to the best score of every entry. In the event of a tie, both players win a prize from one of the following chosen at random.
Bravery badge
Large whisking potion
Labor badge

In addition to the prizes listed above, a raffle will be held for all flag members who participated! All you have to do to enter is join at least 1 entry.

Rules:
Players will enter on a flag hosted ship, every pirate for themselves.
You earn 6 points per egg, 4 per pod, 2 per locker, 1 per cuttle and ink.
You can enter up to five entries, but only your best entry will count towards the grand prize drawing.
In the event of a tie, your next best entry will be used as a tie breaker.
A map will be dissed if the bomber either does not sink the head in 7 minutes or dies three times.
A map with a side egg, no tunnel, AND a non speedable pod will also be dissed.
----------------------------------------
Imaduck on the Emerald Ocean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by omyme at Apr 25, 2016 1:19:00 AM]
[Apr 9, 2016 9:22:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

Re: I-N-K April KH Competition! Reply to this Post

We will be having our next competition on the 23rd and 24th of April. It will be a kraken hunt much like events we've held in the past, but this time all entries will be hosted by flag volunteers. To enter, simply check the notice board on those days when one of our hosts is available.

So your saying only flags can join or anyone?
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Apr 10, 2016 7:40:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zrile

Anyone can join :)
Zekalina
[Apr 11, 2016 10:50:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ToniGirl

A map will be dissed if the bomber either does not sink the head in 7 minutes or dies three times.

Offering a vote to keep a trip as one of the 5 allowed after the bomber has died 3 times (the last time in the last 5 minutes of the entry) when the leader is your flagmate (and one of your top hearties), but not offering that same vote when the bomber has gone down 3 times (the last with 7 mins to go) but the flaggie has not done so well, is not the way to run a competition. Either keep to the rules or do not run competitions. I was really looking forward to this but i do not think I will be participating in any more comps your flag has if they are not going to be run fairly.
Tonigirl on Sage.
Mustang says, "vote for me being monarch when shrooms posts an issue"
Mustang says, ":O"
Tonigirl says, "boo hiss"
Tonigirl says, "Shrooms all day er'y day"
Ye are now a Lady of yer flag.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ToniGirl at Apr 23, 2016 2:13:01 PM]
[Apr 23, 2016 1:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
omyme

Toni, I'm sorry you feel that way. The entry that was counted was a generally high scoring entry with 17 eggs I believe while the one that was not was low scoring all around. In any case, each pirate name gets up to 5 entries with only their BEST score being counted towards the grand prize.

The 3 death rule is basically to say if the bomber is not fairing well we get rid of the map before we waste any more time on it. If we dis the map regardless of time left or overall scores there is the opposite problem of not counting a good entry. I hope you can understand that giving the hosts some level of judgement on the dis is favorable.

In regards to the flaggy prize, the small prizes are worth about 20k. I highly doubt such a small amount is going to sway the hosts judgement. I could make many more examples of when a dis hurt a flaggy prize just the same.
Imaduck on the Emerald Ocean
[Apr 23, 2016 2:30:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ToniGirl

All I am asking is that we stick to the stated rules. Its either none or all when the "Bomber dies 3 times" rule is stated. If they die 3 times, the board is dissed. Period. Or just take the rule out of the equation. Thanks and good luck with your competition.
Tonigirl on Sage.
Mustang says, "vote for me being monarch when shrooms posts an issue"
Mustang says, ":O"
Tonigirl says, "boo hiss"
Tonigirl says, "Shrooms all day er'y day"
Ye are now a Lady of yer flag.
[Apr 23, 2016 3:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zrile

I was the one running those entries. I apologize if u felt I was unfair. When we make rules for competition we just cant foresee every possible issue and write a rule about it. I did not make my decision on my own but discussed it with people who were involved in making competition.

I am sorry if u felt cheated for it, and really hope u change your mind and u join us sometimes, but I cant promise that all will be perfect. We try our best, but as anyone, we do make mistakes.

Our main idea is fun for all with a chance to win prizes... and since in KH we cant guarantee same conditions for all participants at least we try to even it out... So on first map I had a feeling that bombers deaths had much less impact on eggers than on second one, and that was my main reasoning for dissing second map.

Once again I am sorry.

Zeka
Zekalina
[Apr 23, 2016 6:06:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Thanks for the great event, really enjoyed my time on the boat! Congratulations to all the winners!
Jjc on Emerald
CI booty division stats
[Apr 27, 2016 9:23:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flybychicy

Thanks got a great event. I had a lot of fun!

Lamiaflos
Mzbhavn and Lamiaflos on Emerald
Mzbhavn on Ceru
Captain of Play Hard
Queen of Raising Hull

aka Ryahawk of Restless Knights

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Flybychicy at Apr 28, 2016 8:25:56 AM]
[Apr 28, 2016 8:25:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates