• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28131 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
Clotho
OceanMaster

Spring Egguinox - Oodles of Doodles! [March 18th to 29th] Reply to this Post

Spring Egguinox - a doodle a day inspired by our new in-game eggs!

When : March 18th to 29th!
What : A new contest every day
Who for : everyone
Who by : Galene, Nemesis and Clotho

In what is now a beloved (almost) yearly tradition, here is a little Doodling to keep you going while waiting for December to come round again, as it continually insists on doing! Every day, a contest will be posted. The posting time will be somewhat variable - typically between 8-9 am game time. Most of the contests will be open for about 24 hours - check the deadline given at the start of each contest thread. Each day, one contest will open, and a previous one will close. There will be a variety of prizes and they won't be pre-announced, although you should assume that eggs will be involved in there somewhere. Or everywhere. Or nowhere. But probably everywhere.

This sticky thread will contain a running summary of events, winners and prizes, as well as any discussion. Each contest will then be posted in a separate non-sticky thread - each one will contain the contest descriptions and should be used for entries only - no discussion or questions. Questions, discussions and squeals of delight should go in this thread.

Each daily contest will be inspired in some way by one of this year's winning Egg Furniture designs.

General rules:
-- Only one entry per player in each day's contest, but you may enter as many different contests as you wish during the event.
-- You must include your pirate name and ocean at the top of your entry post. Make sure you use the pirate and ocean for which you would want to receive a prize.
-- We will try to make the instructions clear for each contest. Just read the instructions and have a go at following them.
-- The entry thread is going to be busy enough without chat. Keep the entry thread just for entries please!
-- The general rules on avoiding tasteless or offensive material apply at all times on this forum but I'm mentioning them again here just in case.
-- Judging will be completed as soon as possible after each contest has closed. We will post the winner and the prize in the following post once judging is complete. At any one time, therefore, there is likely to be one contest open for entries and one contest being judged.
-- Each host will be doing most of the judging, bringing in others as and when they feel is needed. There will be no discussions on the judging of any individual event.
-- We will try to deliver prizes soon after winners are announced.
-- Don't get hung up on the prizes and the need to win. Take part because it looks fun, it's an interesting challenge, and it's an opportunity to share your quick-fire skills with your fellow players!

Go Doodle!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Clotho at Apr 16, 2016 7:31:12 PM]
[Mar 14, 2016 8:48:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Spring Egguinox - Oodles of Doodles! Reply to this Post

This post will be for links to the individual event threads, and for links to the results posts after judging.

Eggy Doodle #1: Cutiepie's Bubblegum Spiral Egg - Entry thread - Winners: Frost, Quansha and Cattrin
Eggy Doodle #2: Frost's Frosted Egg - Entry thread - Winners: Alpha, Darkfaery and Herowena
Eggy Doodle #3: Dexla's Peacock Egg - Entry thread -Winners: Budclare, Faeree and Lastcall
Eggy Doodle #4: Kevinstar's Pastel Egg Entry thread - Winners: Lastcall, Runkeerin and Stephs
Eggy Doodle #5: Sapphic's Piggy Egg Entry thread - Winners: Quansha, Dexla, Aelain
Eggy Doodle #6: Lastcall's Puzzle Egg Entry thread - Winners: Locu, Frost, Lastcall
Eggy Doodle #7: Frost's Ghostling Egg Entry thread - Winners: Budclare, Adnerb, Cattrin, Wayfarer
Eggy Doodle #8: Dexla's Underwater Egg Entry thread - Winners: Totaltofu, Herowena, and Alpha
Eggy Doodle #9: Bookling's Mushroom Egg - Entry thread - Winners: Locu, Minsiem and Wayfarer
Eggy Doodle #10: Kevinstar's Rouge Wave Egg - Entry thread - Winners: Doggbreath, Firstround and Alpha
Eggy Doodle #11: Feix's Golden Egg - Entry thread - Winners: Quansha, Herowena and Budclare
Eggy Doodle #12: Firstround's Admiral Egg - Entry thread - Winners: Cattrin, Frost and Faeree
Dedicated Doodlers
[Edit 31 times, last edit by Clotho at Apr 3, 2016 10:17:03 AM]
[Mar 14, 2016 8:51:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

YES!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Mar 15, 2016 12:32:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

Whee! Can't wait to put some of my terribad ideas to great use. ;) EGGS!
Gone
[Mar 15, 2016 12:38:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Yay! Doodles! Doodles! Doodles!
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Mar 15, 2016 1:00:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

What : A new contest every day

EVERY DAY!!!! YAY!!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Mar 15, 2016 1:26:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

sweet!!! although i am terrible with expressing myself with words, its gonna be fun i bet ^_^
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Mar 15, 2016 2:55:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Yay yay yay yay!

Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Mar 15, 2016 7:20:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

What Cattrin's gif said.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Mar 16, 2016 3:29:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

What Cattrin's gif said.

+1 awesome gif! Looking forward to giving some doodles a try!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Joondashbug at Mar 16, 2016 4:07:04 AM]
[Mar 16, 2016 4:06:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

What time will those doodles start. Maybe I might be able to not miss them.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Mar 16, 2016 10:23:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

What time will those doodles start. Maybe I might be able to not miss them.

The posting time will be somewhat variable - typically between 8-9 am game time.

(:
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Mar 16, 2016 12:25:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

waits for it......

Has anyone seen that Cookie Monster/Siri/iphone commercial? Yeah, me, right there.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Mar 18, 2016 6:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

waits for it......

Has anyone seen that Cookie Monster/Siri/iphone commercial? Yeah, me, right there.

Yess!!! That's exactly what I feel right now :D And I luvvv! that commercial ;)
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Mar 18, 2016 8:10:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Eggy Doodle #1: Cutiepie's Bubblegum Spiral Egg has been posted!
[Mar 18, 2016 9:09:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

It only took me about five tries to do it after messing up with the colour rule the first four... lol!

I am expecting cuteness overload for this one. :)
Gone
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Runkeerin at Mar 18, 2016 12:30:33 PM]
[Mar 18, 2016 10:18:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Hmm two questions being new to doodling...

1. I didn't see the color Pink in the artPad palate, so I used red with the opacity down to get it close to pink... just to make sure is that alright? (I listed one of the three colors in my entry as Red rather than Pink due to that reason)

2. Does using different levels of opacity with one color count as one or multiple colors?

Thank ye, awesome entries from everyone already!

Edit: Think I may know the answers to both now after looking at other entries. I'll assume I'm safe for now, haha.
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Joondashbug at Mar 18, 2016 12:03:00 PM]
[Mar 18, 2016 11:46:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Edit: Think I may know the answers to both now after looking at other entries. I'll assume I'm safe for now, haha.

That's generally the consensus for doodles. Especially with 24-hour ones like these, OMs don't usually answer questions, and so we're just supposed to interpret best we can and have a go.

-- I will try to make the instructions clear for each contest. Unless I make a serious booch, we are not going to be answering questions during the day. Just read the instructions and have a go at following them.

I remember this rule from Apollo but Clotho didn't include it this time around and instead has this:

-- We will try to make the instructions clear for each contest. Just read the instructions and have a go at following them.

Which is similar.
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Mar 18, 2016 1:19:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TotalTofu

Hmm two questions being new to doodling...

2. Does using different levels of opacity with one color count as one or multiple colors?

Thank ye, awesome entries from everyone already!

Q: For the doodle 3 colors, does light pink and dark pink count as 1 or 2 colors?

"Ahoy, That would be 2 colors! Please do ask these types of questions in the main event thread so others might also benefit with the answers :)
======== From Clotho ======== Actually, it's likely one color! Don't get to wrapped up in the details and give it a go as best you can!
" -Clotho
[Edit 4 times, last edit by TotalTofu at Mar 18, 2016 1:51:25 PM]
[Mar 18, 2016 1:48:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Ah I see, thank ye Cattrin!

Q: For the doodle 3 colors, does light pink and dark pink count as 1 or 2 colors?

"Ahoy, That would be 2 colors! Please do ask these types of questions in the main event thread so others might also benefit with the answers :)
======== From Clotho ======== Actually, it's likely one color! Don't get too wrapped up in the details and give it a go as best you can!
" -Clotho

Apparently I struggle with that a lot, haha. Thank ye for sharing!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Mar 18, 2016 2:11:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Frost wrote: 
Apparently I struggle with that a lot, haha.

That makes two of us!
[Mar 18, 2016 3:55:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

That makes two of us!

Woohoo! glad to hear I'm not the only one!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Joondashbug at Mar 18, 2016 9:28:57 PM]
[Mar 18, 2016 6:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

How do I get the picture itself to post it in the thread on artpad? right click doesn't work.

Edit: I went with a screenshot.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeternis at Mar 19, 2016 3:37:42 AM]
[Mar 19, 2016 3:07:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

How do I get the picture itself to post it in the thread on artpad? right click doesn't work.

Edit: I went with a screenshot.

Screenshots are the only way I know how to do it. So I'm curious if there's another method, too.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Mar 19, 2016 9:22:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Screenshots are the only way I know how to do it. So I'm curious if there's another method, too.

I took a screenshot as well- seemed like the easiest way (if any other way) haha.

Eggy Doodle #2: Ahh I just had some eggs for breakfast a few hours ago, but the shells weren't saved . Guess I'll have to eat eggs for lunch!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Joondashbug at Mar 19, 2016 10:31:59 AM]
[Mar 19, 2016 10:17:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Have I said yet how wonderful you all are? If I haven't: yes, you are! I think you are all wonderful, incredibly talented and resourceful!
[Mar 19, 2016 1:58:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

incredibly talented

I'm not, but the others are.

[Mar 19, 2016 2:50:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Look, I went and caught a lizard so I'd have something with scales to decorate, but it ran away again before I could put it in the lizard press.

Hello everyone. I have moved house to apparently the middle of nowhere since internet hasn't been invented out here yet. But I'm watching.... at the speed of snail...
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Mar 19, 2016 4:25:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joondashbug

Have I said yet how wonderful you all are? If I haven't: yes, you are! I think you are all wonderful, incredibly talented and resourceful!

We all love Clotho!

incredibly talented

I'm not, but the others are.

What arrr ye talkin' about?! I like yer bird-fish, it's two-in-one! I can definitely relate to yer comment about stuff never looking like the thing ye intended though, haha, pretty much all of my art!

Hope ye get internet over there soon!
Forum avatar by Cattrin
Frost from Emerald Ocean
[Mar 19, 2016 6:14:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

I refuse to judge these doodles... I like all the entries too much! What to dooooo!?
[Mar 19, 2016 8:53:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates