• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2066 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
ilydemixo

Your stats compared to your duty report. Reply to this Post

Can anyone give me help on a guideline of what people with one of the certain stats would achieve on the duty reports daily.

Example: Legendary - Incredible's mostly, and excellent any other time. (maybe I'm not right just an example.)

This is basically so I know and others can know what rank they should be with the duty reports they do.

Able -
Proficient -
Distinguished -
Respected -
Master -
Renowned -
Grand Master -
Legendary -
Ultimate -

Thanks.
----------------------------------------
- Contact me on: Bvbarmy

Meridian Ocean (online daily)
[Mar 10, 2016 8:10:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: Your stats compared to your duty report. Reply to this Post

This can vary greatly from ocean to ocean, puzzle to puzzle, and even day to day.

As an example:
I am usually GM/Legendary Gunning. I get about 95% Excellent and 5% Incredible.
I am usually GM/Legendary Foraging. I get about 50% Excellent, 45% Incredible, and 5% good.
I am usually Legendary/Ultimate Treasure Haul. I get about 20% Incredible, 80% Excellent.

Stats can change wildly. And these examples are all on Emerald Ocean. The gunning, at least, seems to be the same on Meridian. But what about the other puzzles? Other oceans? I know that Ice is a rather extreme comparison, but sometimes two Excellents there can give you an ocean-wide Ultimate.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Mar 10, 2016 11:48:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Jamesh is correct, and the reason why is that performance is graded on a curve, based on how the other active players are doing at any given time. So both your duty report as well as your standing will be rated against the rest of the ocean.

For example, Ice is a small pond with big fish. It can be terribly hard to get ahead there, but players go inactive like crazy too, so I found it pretty easy to climb to #1 in several puzzles, even though I had never had a #1 in production.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Mar 10, 2016 4:06:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

On top of what James and LJ have said, not everyone getting an Excellent is performing the same. There's a raw number score behind each DR, so even if we were able to reliably tell someone that getting 50% Incredible, 50% Excellent gets you GM, say, there's still a wide range of average scores people can get with those DRs. A person consistently barely getting Excellents is not going to have the same rank as a person consistently getting Excellents super close to Incredibles.

Then there's the fact that your stat is affected by your session scores, not your individual DRs. I've had people ask me about ranking up complaining that they ran a massively long swabby route to practice a puzzle, got 50 Incredibles in a row, and still didn't rank up; the reality is those 50 Incredibles were all in the same puzzle session, so it didn't have much of an affect on their stat. Ten sessions with five Incredibles each would have had a much bigger effect on their stat.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Mar 11, 2016 8:16:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates