• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5433 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
CawCawCorra

"heya boo boos" Reply to this Post

In honour of our dearly departed flaggy/hearty, Darksidemoon, Otherworld will be hosting a war brig CI!
Moonie absolutely loved to CI and would find it especially amusing to see us attempt one on a war brig.

We have been trying to get in contact with as many of her hearties as possible, as she was playing the game for many many years.
So if you know of a pirate who doesn't play often anymore but loved Moonie, please forward on the message.

We also ask, as black was her favourite colour and the only colour her pirate would wear, that if ye has em, toss em on!

Date: Saturday February 20
Time: 7pm game time

*Disclaimer*
We'll have tournaments while we load, and if we do sink, because CI in bigger botes can be rude, we will have a back-up pillage ready to sail.

----------------------------------------
Wheelie.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by CawCawCorra at Feb 14, 2016 1:33:37 PM]
[Feb 14, 2016 1:31:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mupple

Re: "heya boo boos" Reply to this Post

It has come to my attention that a certain pirate was not happy that Otherworld has selected our way of holding an event in honor of Darksidemoon and the fun times we had. In short, your comments made to one of my flag members is disrespectful against an event planned purely out of love for her.

Moonie loved to CI, even when she was in pain, she would never turn down an opportunity for a good CI. And yes, she lived in pain for many years yet would always log into the game with a "Hey Boo Boos" and "What are you up to you krackheads?"

Moonie loved the color black. The significance of wearing black is to honor the fun we had saving our black rags for her or buying black clothing for her birthday. Whether we are wearing black to grieve for the loss of one of us or to honor the memory of a wonderful friend is moot.

Moonie was an amazing woman in real life too. Her love and support during my daughter's death were unequalled and showed what true friendship is.

We hope that friends of Moonie will help us load a brig and have some fun as we remember good times we had with our friend.

Mups
Mupple, Princess of Flag Otherworld
Senior Officer and First Mate of The Night Owls
Otherworld: The Switzerland of Cerulean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Mupple at Feb 15, 2016 9:43:33 AM]
[Feb 15, 2016 9:28:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auraluna

Otherworld is a flag but it is also a tight knitted family, full of wonderful people and love. Do not let anyone tell you guys how to grieve or how to celebrate.

Wherever Darksidemoon is, she now has the gift of unlimited understanding, and she knows exactly how everyone feels about her.

Likely smiling at the sight of My Charming Wheelie with a clean shaved face.
Keep your chin up and looking to the sky guys.
The moon is shining for you.

Miss you my otherworld loves!
Auraluna Queen of Defiantly Deviant
Parley Good Manners enthusiast.
[Feb 16, 2016 9:39:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blacktoad3

TO OTHERWORLD!

Very sorry to hear of you friend. I did not know her but the passing of any dedicated pirate of the sub ocean is a sad day.

I dont own black but i will ride with you to the gates of Valhala themselves.

I come bearing the remebrance of moon and other friends we have lost this past year.

To Moon and my friend Shar The Ocean misses you both...
"Yo, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Prince BadSanta Born on Cobalt

Avatar by Sir Gummy Bear @ Party Central Radio
[Feb 20, 2016 5:54:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

This was a wonderful tribute, Otherworlders. Thanks for reinforcing that the good people behind the pirates are why this game is a joy to play.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

<---Dexla drew it.
[Feb 20, 2016 9:12:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I was held prisoner by Tennessee, so I missed the run. Did anyone get any screen captures?
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Feb 20, 2016 10:38:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Auraluna

I was held prisoner by Tennessee, so I missed the run. Did anyone get any screen captures?

And I and I am certain that Moonie was with us, it would explain how we made it out safe !! <3
Auraluna Queen of Defiantly Deviant
Parley Good Manners enthusiast.
[Feb 20, 2016 11:45:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CawCawCorra

A huuuge Thank You to everyone for coming out to remember Moonie!
This went oh so much better than we had planned and each and every jobber made that happen.
We didn't just take a war brig in as originally planned, we had so many show up that we filled and took in a xebec!
Some people thought we were crazy, others thought we were doomed to sink. We all agreed however that it would be great fun.

This was an amazing tribute to our beloved Darksidemoon, who would have been literally falling over laughing at the thought of us succeeding in a xebec CI.

So once again, Thank You everyone for coming out. Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes and warm thoughts of Moonie during this time. We appreciate and love every single one of you.
Wheelie.
[Feb 21, 2016 8:21:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mupple

I want to echo Wheelie's thanks to everyone who joined our tribute to our dear Moonie. What fun I had and I can't tell you how great you all are. Also, thanks to those who signed the guest book - we will put it in our flag hall where it will serve and a continued display of our love for our departed hearty.

I know I can't thank everyone individually for their help in this event - but I do want to send special thanks to Waterspout for navving. He did a great job getting us back home safely.

Thanks again to all. We hope you enjoyed it as well.

Mups
Mupple, Princess of Flag Otherworld
Senior Officer and First Mate of The Night Owls
Otherworld: The Switzerland of Cerulean
[Feb 21, 2016 9:17:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blacktoad3

PICTURES!!

Last night OTHERWORLD rode deep into the fog. They sailed not for poes or fame. They went to avenge.

I am proud to say that the mates that rode along. They came in masses. They came to fight, and fight they did.

There was old age experiaced players. There were greens. There was hated enimies. But all came and all fought bravley. Not one gave quarter.

To Moonie's Friends, Family and Crew. Here are the results of that mighty battle. ( I wont resize so you can see details)

Here we are on the fine vessal: THE VICTORS!

Preparing to Swoard Fight!!

THE FIGHT!

Preparing To Rumble!!

The Battle Ensues!

We reap the rewards!

Life aboard the ship, Mates are in good moods.

THE CELEBRATION BACK HOME!!!

I may have seemed somewhat happy in these pics or my wording. Its my belife that one should rejoice in the passing of a mate. Here we got together and it was a grand adventure dedicated in the memory of DarkSideMoon. May your hearts be stilled in the thought that she had a great laugh with you all.
"Yo, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Prince BadSanta Born on Cobalt

Avatar by Sir Gummy Bear @ Party Central Radio
[Feb 21, 2016 9:51:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates