• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10998 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Lunar New Year Doodle: Monkey Business! [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

Winners Announcement!

What are we doing? Celebrating the Year of the Monkey!
How do we play? Create your own diorama of monkeys being piratey at work, home or play! For information on how to build a diorama, check out: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Diorama
Why do we do this? Because we can!
When do I have to do this? 11:59 PM Tuesday, February 9th 2016

The prizes
* Things monkeys might use!
* Things monkeys like!
* Ooo Ooo AAH AAH AAH!
* Celebratory things!
* A ship with a monkey related name!
* Portraits! Probably with monkeys!
* Shiny Sun Points!
As I have done previously (we all know I stole this from Apollo by now, right?), I'm keeping prizes flexible, depending on the quantity and quality of entries. Ready to start monkeying around? Here's more information:

The details
* You have lots of time for this one, so we expect FABULOUS entries. Be sure you understand what a modern diorama is. We're going for something like this: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Diorama
* One entry per person.
* Your entry should be both monkey themed and pirate themed.
* You can use premade figures and items in your diorama, but it should be individual pieces and not a premade set. That means don't run out and buy the latest pirate monkey Lego building set and set it up in a shoebox, but if little monkey captain from the set makes its way onboard the potato sloop you made for your diorama, that's perfectly fine!
* Take pictures of the building process! Make sure you include a piece of paper or something similar with your pirate name and ocean in each picture. We'll need at least three pictures (beginning, middle, and finished product) linked in your entry. The finished product can be shard in the post as an image, but just link to the other two.
* These should be three dimensional. Collages won't count!
* No live animals should be harmed in the making of this project. If you try to stuff a monkey in a box, you are an animal and the monkey will likely harm you. It's a bad idea!
* Post should include the following: Your pirate name, your ocean (this is where prizes will be delivered!), the links to your building process pictures which include your piece of paper with your name and ocean on them, an image of the final project, and a description of what is going on in your diorama. This is not a time for brevity! Make sure we don't miss any of the finer details!
* Dialog, chat bubbles, text and similar should be avoided unless absolutely necessary. That means: It's fine to put up a sign with a shoppe's name, but let your work tell the story!
* Any questions? Be sure to ask! There's time!
Jade: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=204287

----------------------------------------
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Nemesis at Feb 26, 2016 3:11:55 PM]
[Feb 3, 2016 4:21:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tonytigerrrr

Re: Lunar New Year Doodle: Monkey Business! [Deadline 9 Feb 2016, 11:59PM] Reply to this Post

Here is my diorama, don't be too harsh as it's the first one I've ever made (We don't seem big on diaramas here in the UK)

Name: Ttwothirty
Ocean: Meridian
Description: The monkey crew have just hauled in their load of monkey goodies.

Link to materials

In progress - Machining the crows nest

Some more materials

In progress shot

Finished product from another angle

Ttwothirty
Meridian
[Feb 8, 2016 10:51:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luckmonster4

Re: Lunar New Year Doodle: Monkey Business! [Deadline 9 Feb 2016, 11:59PM] Reply to this Post

Luckmonster Emerald Ocean!!!

In this diorama we have the captain monkey sitting by the chest and another monkey swinging from above as they have just found the treasure but only to find NO POE!

Start

Middle

Final

Wish everyone the best of luck!!! My first competition like this and first diorama lol.
Hope everyone likes it!!! If its a winner Nemesis i shal mail it to you!!!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Luckmonster4 at Feb 9, 2016 4:59:43 AM]
[Feb 8, 2016 7:17:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quansha

After superglueing my fingertips to almost everything that exists; here is my entry:

The monkeys of Banana Bay always do piratey stuff, like swordfighting, walking the plank, looking for treasure and the most piratey of them all: lazing!

Materials

Progress 1
Progress 2
Making monkeys
Quansha on Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Quansha at Feb 9, 2016 11:58:04 PM]
[Feb 8, 2016 11:59:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Don't forget descriptions :D
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
[Feb 9, 2016 4:07:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kevinstar

Kevinstar Meridian!!
Description-
I call my Diorama Monkey-See tree house! Monkeys are cleaver creatures and mimic what they see... Monkeys playing poker (with banana's of course) and dressing up too a Ultimate monkey with a saber Vs a Greenie with a banana these monkeys are learning fast!! All the way up in their tree house with their Monarch ruling over them!!

Beginning

Progress

Final

Final 2
[Feb 9, 2016 7:31:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Alpha of Emerald
Description: Urangatang Invation

I had so much fun with this "messy" doodle ... foam, paper mache, clay, paint, glue .. it was really messy.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5

and as always the link to the album ^_^
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Feb 9, 2016 9:20:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean

The Rise of the Monkey King
Within a long-forgotten ruin, clever monkeys happen upon a lost treasure trove. An abiding love of shinies is born!

Materials
Making 1
Making 2
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Feb 9, 2016 6:17:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raulandre

Description :
In this diorama the monkeys are on a pirate expedition looking for treasure and suddenly the evening I begin the sea to stir into great swirls and deep a terrifying sounds which a storm warned could hear, it seemed that the sky opened and emitia fireballs and the crew began to flee the ship as it was close to an island, leaving only the captain on the ship and said, I'll sink my boat.

Name : Ralldfr
Ocean : Jade

Star : http://imgur.com/lZE08a0

Middle : http://imgur.com/X45ewyN

Final: http://imgur.com/2FzIb6Z
[Feb 9, 2016 7:33:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Faeree of Cerulean

Monkey Madness!
So Eurydice decided to bring over all of her monkey familiars (and maybe a few others) and surprise Endymion while he slept (because, you know, he's always sleeping!). The song that declares "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!" means nothing to Eurydice! The more jumping the merrier!

Materials So, the dolls and two monkeys were already made by me for a previous contest.. wasn't sure who I was going to use for the final.

Progress [1 ] [2 ] [Delay of Progress because, you know, cats and boxes... ]

Finals (1 for each monkey! erm, but none by themselves!) [1 ] [2 ] [3 ] [4 ] [5 ] [6 ] [7 ] [8 ] [9 ]
(or the link to the album )

And I can spell.. I just forgot how to on my name tag :P

Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilymoon at Feb 9, 2016 9:45:56 PM]
[Feb 9, 2016 9:45:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Velternal, Meridian

Just a typical crew of monkeys, carousing in a local inn during their time off from shoulder perching.

Start/Materials
Progress/Middle
Velternal, new to Obsidian!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Vellanora at Feb 9, 2016 11:35:47 PM]
[Feb 9, 2016 11:32:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pikapokes

Hazelight, Emerald

Description:
The Monkey crew of 4, "Going bananas for bananas", is again out on its yearly expedition-sail and hunt for new banana territory to conquer!

On their faithful banana-sloop, one monkey can be seen hard at work navigating the seas, another leaping off the crows nest after a full night shift, one trying to escape its chores through a small boat, and the last leaning lazingly across the sloop rails.

Beware of them; for you might go bananas of them going bananas for bananas.

Process 1

Process 2

Final Angle 1

Hazelight.

Ye told Gaea, "If you see bird flu, you are normal. If you see swine flu, you need to check your mental health."
Gaea tells ye, "HA."
Ye told Gaea, "I'm right ain't I :P"
Gaea tells ye, "<3"
[Feb 9, 2016 11:35:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Wayfarer, Meridian

Battling monkey boats is fun, but some monkeys want a break from the cutthroat world of pillaging. Instead of plundering fruit from unsuspecting pirates, they sail to uninhabited islands and forage!
In my diorama, I've captured one of their foraging expeditions.

The very beginning: http://imgur.com/F4cxxzD

Palm tree factory: http://i.imgur.com/35kVJIR.jpg

The meaning behind the name of the ship (if you aren't familiar with girl scout cookies, I'm so very sorry): http://i.imgur.com/YDqj1Fj.jpg

Finished with name: http://imgur.com/ct6i5AR

Fun fact: the shoebox I crafted this in? Sperrys. The tagline on the box? "A Passion for the Sea!" Yarrr.
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Feb 9, 2016 11:44:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Budclare, Meridian

"Monkeys Don't Understand Explosives, and Other Problems"

This poor dear thinks he's going to bomb the kraken with banana peels. Also, barrels only move one square per turn. Eep!

Materials: a box (:P), green tissue paper, a yellow ribbon to cut up, popsicle sticks, a small squishy monkey, pastels and various pencils (charcoal, sepia, etc), paper. Not shown: The blue Barrel of Monkeys barrel, a blue Sharpie, tape, a ruler, a straight pin, etc.
Progress
Finished, from a slightly different angle

Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Feb 9, 2016 11:58:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Re: Lunar New Year Doodle: Monkey Business! [In Judging!] Reply to this Post

Deadline's past - Look at those entries! You mates sure do like to make things hard on the judges. I may have to go into hiding...
Later...
[Feb 10, 2016 4:07:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

The Winners!

1st : Velternal (Meridian) - A tan monkey, an outfit of my choice and a portrait! - Delivered
2nd : Quansha (Emerald) - A sloop named the "Monkey Business", a portrait and an outfit of my choice! - Delivered
3rd : Alpha (Emerald) - A fruit feast for one! (dining furniture) and an outfit of my choice! - Delivered
Runner Ups
Ralldfr (Jade) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered
Faeree (Cerulean) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered
Hazelight (Emerald) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered
Wayfarer (Meridian) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered
Budclare (Meridian) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered
Herowena (Cerulean) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered
Ttwothirty (Meridian) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered
Luckmonster (Emerald) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered
Kevinstar (Meridian) - Fruit boat and a Lucky Feast (fruit) - Delivered

Prizes will be delivered in the next week (barring catastrophe!) for everything except ships and portraits. For ships and portraits, please petition letting me know when you'll be available and we'll schedule a time. Use "Nemesis - Monkey" as the subject!
SHINY SUN POINTS
Velternal (Meridian) - 10 Shiny Sun Points!
Quansha (Emerald) - 5 Shiny Sun Points!
Alpha (Emerald) - 5 Shiny Sun Points!
Ralldfr (Jade) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!
Faeree (Cerulean) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!
Hazelight (Emerald) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!
Wayfarer (Meridian) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!
Budclare (Meridian) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!
Herowena (Cerulean) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!
Ttwothirty (Meridian) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!
Luckmonster (Emerald) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!
Kevinstar (Meridian) - 2 Shiny Sun Points!

Later...
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Nemesis at Mar 18, 2016 9:44:14 AM]
[Feb 26, 2016 3:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Re: Lunar New Year Doodle: Monkey Business! [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

Congrats to the winners! Well deserved.

Thanks for the prizes :)
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Feb 26, 2016 3:26:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Congrats mates! Everyone's entries were so awesome!! Thanks for running such a fun event and thank ye for me trinkets and shiny points! :D
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Feb 26, 2016 5:43:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Yay, thanks! I enjoy all opportunities to play with clay.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Feb 26, 2016 6:58:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Congratulations everyone!! Amazing what one can do with a cardboard box!! Loved it.

Thank you Nemesis for the goodies in my inventory and also the outfit ^_^.

- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patrys12 at Feb 27, 2016 1:01:10 PM]
[Feb 26, 2016 9:35:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

o_o wow, thank you so much Nemesis!
I've missed taking part in doodles so this is super nice.

Congrats to all the winners, such cute entries as always! :)
Velternal, new to Obsidian!
[Feb 26, 2016 10:17:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quansha

Thank you! Congrats to Velternal and Alpha and everyone else too. So many cute monkeys!
Quansha on Emerald
[Feb 27, 2016 12:15:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tonytigerrrr

Thank you :) Congrats to Velternal it was well deserved, your entry was amazing.
Ttwothirty
Meridian
[Feb 27, 2016 4:10:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Thank you for the fruit and the shiny sun points. :)

Congratulations, winners. You made great dioramas. :)

(Will we ever really get tired of the word 'diorama'? No, we will not.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Feb 28, 2016 11:03:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates