• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19613 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

Exchange Subscription Time for Gold Boxes! Reply to this Post

Ahoy subscribers!

We understand some of ye pirates have stored away a surplus of subscription time. We're going to give ye the opportunity to exchange that subscription time for Gold Boxes!

We'll be making exchanges at the rate of 6 months for 21 gold boxes. Ye can exchange as many months as ye like, as long as it is a multiple of 6 months. Yer account must be left with a minimum of 1 year of subscription time after the exchange.

To see when yer subscription ends, ye can log into yer billing page here: https://billing.puzzlepirates.com/billing/status.wm

These exchanges can only happen while gold boxes are for sale from the Gold Safes. To qualify, yer request must be time-stamped between 10am on the first day and 3pm on the last day of the box sales. Don't wait until the last minute!

Ye can read up about Gold Boxes here: https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Gold_Box

Ye must send in yer request by email to billing@puzzlepirates.com

Ye must include all of the following information:
yer pirate name on Cerulean
yer account name or Steam ID
the number of months ye want to exchange

The boxes will be delivered directly into the inventory of the pirate ye list in the email. This pirate must be on Cerulean. If ye have more than one account, ye can include them all in one email. Ye must include all the above information for each pirate and account.

Ye can only send in one request per account per gold box event, so please plan ahead.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Demeter at Feb 5, 2018 12:06:07 PM]
[Jan 20, 2016 7:50:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Re: Exchange Subscription Time for Gold Boxes! Reply to this Post

Is this to provide subscribers with an alternative method of payment on gold boxes, or is it a ploy designed to reduce subscription time floating on Cerulean so we can eliminate the subscription model altogether? If Cerulean is to get an alternative method of payment, or is allowed to pay in our "macro-currency" as well as pieces of eight, why aren't doubloon servers allowed to do the same?

This just seems like a poorly thought ploy to hasten the merger or closure of the Cerulean Ocean, of course I'd love to be proven wrong with any facts, or information you (your team) could give.

Cheers,

Major
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jan 20, 2016 9:53:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

We do not have plans to shut down the subscription ocean (or any oceans).

Doublooners are already able to purchase Gold Boxes with doubloons, so this is allowing Subscribers the same option.
[Jan 20, 2016 9:58:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

My thoughts are pretty much the same as Major's...

I personally have a silly amount of time.

I don't see why we can't make a sub/doub ocean. We either Sub, and DON'T see the doub delivery, or we doub it and do see them. Much like when sub time runs out we get the little "subscribe" button.

I have spent THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS.... I do not want to have to buy doubs if we merge. I'd be more open to a merge if we could merge the sub model into the doub one.

Merge us into Emerald... fine.. but I let us keep the sub model... as much as I would hate to merge, this would help.

I don't even care for gold boxes, but at least you all do have an option... I supposed. Let's see how many pirates trade for a gold box.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jan 20, 2016 10:02:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

If we are being allowed this other option, why isn't Emerald/Meridian/Jade/Opal allowed to by gold boxes via PoE? Or is what is good for the goose, not going to be good for the gander here?
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by farmboy236 at Jan 20, 2016 10:15:21 AM]
[Jan 20, 2016 10:12:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

"Curiouser and Curiouser" cried Alice....

I don't believe for a moment there isn't something else behind all of this, sorry 000, but you haven't officially announced other things that have gone on behind the scenes recently, why would an ever decreasing sub ocean think for even a moment that "other things" aren't afoot!
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 20, 2016 10:16:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

... can eliminate the subscription model altogether?

OOO once had life time subscriptions and there are probably people that are still playing that have them. OOO may well have legal problems if they try to eliminate the last subscription ocean. Supporting a subscription ocean is very little work if they still have dub oceans. There just isn't that much difference. Cerulean is still more active that Bang Howdy has ever been and OOO still supports Bang howdy.

I don't see why we can't make a sub/doub ocean.

The idea has been suggested many many times. There are many problems with it. Consider blockades, buying ships as a sub would be a HUGE advantage. Or consider paint, can you make an LE ship out of half sub paint and half dub paint and the sell the LE ship to a dub player? Or swords coming out of atlantis, and they be used by non-subscribers?

I just can't see OOO putting in the huge amount of effort needed to make such a system work well.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 20, 2016 10:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

There are no devious plans going on here. We recognize with the mystery box cycle, there are a number of people who have more subscription time than they know what to do with. We frequently get requests from subscribers suggesting ways to allow them to use this time in the game. This is one solution that will not destroy the subscription model that you love.
[Jan 20, 2016 10:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Oh, it's a plot all right. A plot to feed my Gold Box addiction!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Jan 20, 2016 11:06:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

Yer account must be left with a minimum of 1 year of subscription time after the exchange.

The boxes will be delivered directly into the inventory of the pirate ye list in the email. This pirate must be on Cerulean.

Between those 2 quotes I think it's pretty clear they have no immediate plans to mess around with Cerulean. Seems to me that it's just a way for pirates with a huge excess of sub time to get rid of it easily.
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jan 20, 2016 11:18:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Consider blockades, buying ships as a sub would be a HUGE advantage. Or consider paint, can you make an LE ship out of half sub paint and half dub paint and the sell the LE ship to a dub player? Or swords coming out of atlantis, and they be used by non-subscribers?

SEE! People should all just sub! ;D
[Jan 20, 2016 11:21:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Well, I'd like to say thank you for providing an additional method for subscribers to get gold boxes.

For those that got all panicked, you're silly. OOO has said a couple of times now that there will always be a subscription ocean.

If OOO were going to shutdown Y!PP, I think they'd disable the ability to purchase subs and doubs first. After that, they'd figure out a way to handle the remaining subscription months (or years) that each player has. To try and decrease the sub time first does no good, because it can be re-purchased.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jan 20, 2016 1:24:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Yeah, this implementation is clearly in the vein of mystery box purchases, just applied to items previously purchasable in-game only. Makes sense to me, since some people enjoy splurging on mystery boxes and then have "excess" sub months lying around. I myself just try to time my subscription around the LE colors I like best, but that's just me. :P
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Jan 20, 2016 5:17:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
escooper

I myself just try to time my subscription around the LE colors I like best, but that's just me. :P

Same here. Bring on the plum and wine!

Samjones
Samjones (All oceans)
Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
[Jan 21, 2016 3:19:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Am I the only one wondering who will be selling unopened gold boxes for much less than the bank price Saturday morning? And wondering how low will the prices come down?

Outside of the "We don't want to buy poe like green oceans do" rationale, now I also wonder why exactly we can't trade-in 6 months of time, for 525K poe*, since it seems a value has been attached to it?
(*the poe equivalent of 21 gold boxes.)

Not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing, just having idle thoughts.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Feb 1, 2016 12:53:02 PM]
[Feb 1, 2016 12:52:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Nice catch. Hopefully the Dev's are able to put some kind of "not tradable" marker on gold boxes obtained via Subscription time. As long as that doesn't flow to the items within the boxes.

I'll admit, there is a slight appeal in being able to take a shortcut to get to the eights level I want to be at. But mostly, I don't like the approach because then what incentive do most pirates have to do any sort of puzzling at all?

Edits 1 and 2: "the" and "do", respectively
Edit 3: Freaking IE auto-correcting my lower-case tags
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Edit 3 times, last edit by majestrate at Feb 1, 2016 1:27:52 PM]
[Feb 1, 2016 1:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Is there an issue with the exchange? I sent in a request 2 days ago.

If you all don't exchange on weekends, let us know.

Thanks!
[Feb 8, 2016 5:53:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

We have limited billing coverage on the weekends. I'll get to the open exchange requests in the next few hours!
[Feb 8, 2016 7:57:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

WOOT! thank you :D got them.
[Feb 8, 2016 8:32:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I keep getting male clothing from the boxes. I am fine with that, as I will just sell them at Dressed to Kill, but others might have an issue.
[Feb 8, 2016 9:55:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

I had one other pirate report this too. I've asked the developers to take a look at the cause. If you do get male clothing and want to exchange it for a female version, just reply back to your email and we can fix it!
[Feb 8, 2016 9:59:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Those trying to exchange:

There seems to be an issue where request are getting lost when going thru the website. http://www.puzzlepirates.com/support/

Mine was lost as was a hearties. I am not sure if anyone else has requested but not heard back.

I was asked to e-mail support directly with the amount of time requested to be exchanged. support@puzzlepirates.com

If it has been a few days and you have not heard back, check on it :).
[Jun 7, 2016 9:46:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

This is interesting, as I have given almost ALL of the extra sub time I had away over the years. Oh well.

EDIT : Successfully traded 24 months for 84 gold boxes. Got nothing good.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at Aug 6, 2016 8:29:36 PM]
[Aug 3, 2016 11:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

The support link no longer takes me to where it once did. E-mail comes up. I don't want to use the outlook e-mail that pops up.

How can we go about properly asking now?
[Oct 11, 2016 8:54:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

The support link no longer takes me to where it once did. E-mail comes up. I don't want to use the outlook e-mail that pops up.

How can we go about properly asking now?

Just send an email to : support_billing@puzzlepirates.com , with your pirate name, account name and months wanted to exchange in multiple of 6.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Oct 11, 2016 9:40:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Yes, this is what I did. :)
[Oct 13, 2016 6:00:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sophitia

I am a Beta tester....I have purchased a lot of boxes and sub time am I still eligible for this or no? (lifetime sub)
*Seablood*-Cerulean Ocean-
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sophitia at Nov 26, 2016 2:28:31 AM]
[Nov 26, 2016 2:18:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Aphrodite, is this still a valid option. Considering I have like 10 years of sub time to play with.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Oct 3, 2017 4:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Breenyc

I would like to know too
BreeNYC
[Oct 9, 2017 11:47:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Sent an email on friday. Hoping to hear/see something soon.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Oct 9, 2017 4:46:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates