• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7428 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Galene
OceanMaster

Puzzle ALL Day - National Puzzle Day - January 29, 2016[Winners Posted] Reply to this Post

Puzzle ALL Day - National Puzzle Day 2016
In honor of National Puzzle Day, we'll be hosting various tournaments and puzzle competitions throughout the day with an extra group of "Main Events" starting at 9:00 PM game time, as detailed below.

09:00pm-Competition-All ship puzzles (not including foraging)
Overall prizes: 1st Yellow & Rose Parrot and Resplendent Pirate Trophy, 2nd Yellow & Tan Parrot, similar progression for 3rd & 4th
Individual puzzle prizes comparable to tan familiar events (but no familiars)
Individual puzzle 1st place winners place winners entered in "Finalists" drawing.*
Individual puzzle 2nd-3rd place winners place winners entered in "Semi-Finalists" drawing.**
Duration: 180 minutes total, multiple top places

09:00pm-Competition-All shop puzzles (including foraging)
Overall prizes: 1st Rose & Yellow Parrot and Resplendent Pirate Trophy, 2nd Tan & Yellow Parrot, similar progression for 3rd & 4th
Individual puzzle prizes comparable to tan familiar events (but no familiars)
Individual puzzle 1st place winners place winners entered in "Finalists" drawing.*
Individual puzzle 2nd-3rd place winners place winners entered in "Semi-Finalists" drawing.**
Duration: 180 minutes total, multiple top places

09:00pm-Tournaments-All four puzzles
1st place Yellow Octopus or Monkey, 2nd place tan Octopus or Monkey, alternating between puzzles.
3rd and 4th place prizes comparable to colored familiar events
Finalists from each tournament entered in "Finalists" drawing.*
Semi-Finalists from each tournament entered in "Semi-Finalists" drawing.**
60 minutes warning prior to posted start time, double elimination

Drawings
Two random drawings will be held at the end of these events. This should be around Midnight-unless the tournaments run long. I'll be watching from a secret alt to record entrants, but players do not need to remain online to be entered in either drawing. Each ocean will have separate drawings and prizes (Cerulean, Meridian, Emerald). Although tournaments and competitions will be run repeatedly throughout the day, only the 9:00PM set of competitions and tournaments are eligible for these drawings. Winners and their prize selections will be posted here. Prizes are non-transferable so be on your "Main" pirate to win! I can't prevent folks from trying to use alts to gain additional drawing entries, but to discourage this, I will disqualify from the drawing any entrant whose account was created after January 21st, 2016 or who does not have at least "Broad" experience in the puzzle they qualified in. This may still allow some alts in-but they still have to win, so I don't want to hear any complaining about this!

Finalists
All players who placed 1st place in any individual puzzle for the 9:00PM set of either Ship or Shop competitions, or made it to the Finals of any of the 9:00PM set of tournaments, will be entered in one drawing (per ocean) for a colored familiar of winners choice (Parrot, Monkey or Octopus, no hats, in standard event prize colors). Once a winner is drawn, the remaining entrants will be rolled over into the Semi-Finalists drawing.

Semi-Finalists
All players who placed 2nd-3rd place in any individual puzzle for the 9:00PM set of either Ship or Shop competitions, or made it to the Semi-Finals of any of the 9:00PM set of tournaments, will be entered in one drawing (per ocean) for possible additional prizes. Winners will be drawn in order listed, then removed from the remaining pool of eligible entrants.
  • (1) Tan Octopus
  • (1) Tan Monkey
  • (1) Galene will Puzzle for 1 hour on your voyage (restrictions apply)
  • (1) Free portrait with Galene (restrictions apply)
  • (3) Galene Doll inscribed "<Winner> Puzzled ALL Day, January 2016"
  • (1) Gold Piggy Bank (contains PoE prize)
  • (4) Pink Piggy Bank (furniture item, does not contain PoE)
Claiming a Drawing Prize
Tan familiars, Galene dolls and Piggy Banks will all be delivered immediately after drawings are held, in a Rose & Yellow wrapped present inscribed "National Puzzle Day - January 2016". You don't need to do anything to claim these prizes.

Finalist drawing colored familiar winner will have 2 weeks to petition with their selection. Petition subject line should read: "ATTN: Galene, Puzzle Day Prize".

Portrait winners: You'll have one month to collect your prize. This will be a 2-person background portrait, your choice of those available to the public at that time. You may select an appropriate title for the portrait as well, but I'll be wearing my standard outfit/standard pose. You may also choose a location, including my Tea Ell Sea (I'll loan it to you temporarily, and you can job me to your crew). I'll purchase both the original, which I will trade to you, and an additional copy I'll keep for myself. If you want additional copies, you'll need to take care of that yourself. I'll be available Monday-Wednesday, 10:00 PM through 4:00 AM. When you are ready to collect, petition with the subject line: "ATTN: Galene, Puzzle Day Portrait" and include in your petition the background, title and location you've selected, so I know you're ready to go!

Galene will Puzzle winners: I will not puzzle on your PvP or blockade voyage. I will ONLY perform Sailing, Carpentry or Gunning, and no I won't defend =P
I will not provide any additional benefit to the vessel, so be prepared that jobbers may get distracted by my beauty and my presence could be a liability, and plan accordingly!
Below is a set schedule of my availability, and while you will have 2 weeks to schedule (by petition), it's 1st come, 1st serve! Petition fast to make sure a winner from another ocean doesn't take your preferred slot. Petition with the subject line: "ATTN: Galene, Puzzle Day Puzzle Reservation"
Available Dates and Times: Any Saturday in February, any hour between 8PM and 10PM, Any Sunday in February between 8AM and 10AM or 11PM to 12AM.
----------------------------------------
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Galene at Jan 30, 2016 3:04:38 AM]
[Jan 18, 2016 1:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Re: Puzzle ALL Day - National Puzzle Day - January 29, 2016 Reply to this Post

This sounds like a blast!
Wayfarer of Meridian
Escapist artist
[Jan 23, 2016 9:49:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hunni5

Thank you Galene! This is one of the many reasons why people get distracted by your beauty.

Question- May we have the details for the tournaments? Like the rules for the td, swordfighting, drinking, and rumble. Or is it a wait and see kind of thing?
Fionae
Meridian!
Eating everyone's pie since 2005
[Jan 27, 2016 12:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Just really unfortunate for the European pirates in the game sadly :(
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 27, 2016 2:03:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Just really unfortunate for the European pirates in the game sadly :(
There will be other competitions and tournaments going all 24 hours, so you'll have something to keep you busy all day long!
Galene
[Jan 27, 2016 2:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
ak62

Is it limited to one entry for the finalists drawing, or can you get multiple entries if you make it to the finals or come in first in multiple puzzles/tournaments?
Camouflages - Meridian/Emerald

[Jan 27, 2016 2:24:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Is it limited to one entry for the finalists drawing, or can you get multiple entries if you make it to the finals or come in first in multiple puzzles/tournaments?
Each position you come in is a different entry, so technically multiple. Just keep in mind that while that's probably easy to do with the competitions, it'll be harder on tournaments since they all start at the same time.
Galene
[Jan 27, 2016 2:55:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

By non-transferable, does that mean you can't trade what you win to another pirate after the competitions?
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Jan 28, 2016 10:11:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

By non-transferable, does that mean you can't trade what you win to another pirate after the competitions?
Depends on the item-obviously you can trade anything but the portraits and my puzzling, but I won't change doll inscriptions or deliver anywhere else. The portrait and puzzling can't be "traded". If the person who wins the puzzling logs off mid-hour, so do I!
Galene
[Jan 28, 2016 11:49:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Kevinstar

Hi,
Im just seeking some clarification, with the ship puzzles having best Incred, Excell, Good and fine, to get into the draw do you have to finish in the Incred section or in any of the overall sections?
[Jan 29, 2016 8:20:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Hi,
Im just seeking some clarification, with the ship puzzles having best Incred, Excell, Good and fine, to get into the draw do you have to finish in the Incred section or in any of the overall sections?
That was a booch that has been fixed now.

I spent my morning and afternoon without internet, in a rush to try to set these up at a restaurant on an almost non-working laptop. Fortunately home internet was restored so I could be on to double check the drawing ones before they started!
Galene
[Jan 29, 2016 8:37:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Thanks for the fun!
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Jan 30, 2016 12:18:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Re: Puzzle ALL Day - National Puzzle Day - January 29, 2016[Winners Posted] Reply to this Post

Working on the drawing now. I'll edit this to make it "prettier" by putting prizes in/delivery status later, but for the rough pull, in order (and there may be duplicates as users could have multiple entries):

Cerulean
Finalist: Yerfroggy
12 Semi-Finalists: Windman-Tan Octopus, Scap-Tan Monkey, Hamilton-Galene Puzzle hour, Alaya-Galene Portrait, Sujiro-Galene Doll, Korte-Galene Doll, Alaya-Galene Doll, Janthina-Gold Piggy Bank, Thoughtful-Pink Piggy Bank , Dmentedangel-Pink Piggy Bank , Catcritter-Pink Piggy Bank , Upyerdupper-Pink Piggy Bank

Meridian
Finalist: Aeollus-Yellow Octopus (delivered)
12 Semi-Finalists: Wheaty-Tan Octopus, Vsmeifudare-Tan Monkey, Mindcrafter-Galene Puzzle hour, Raphaelsw-Galene Portrait (delivered), Keaze-Galene Doll, Pandoras-Galene Doll, Wheaty-Galene Doll, Theredking-Gold Piggy Bank, Urologist-Pink Piggy Bank , Mindcrafter-Pink Piggy Bank , Legionaer-Pink Piggy Bank , Teinn-Pink Piggy Bank

Emerald
Finalist: Tzz-Red Monkey (delivered)
12 Semi-Finalists: Greyscale-Tan Octopus, Typicaldrunk-Tan Monkey, Murderer-Galene Puzzle hour, Kuroge-Galene Portrait (delivered), Bang-Galene Doll, Yassenn-Galene Doll, Masters-Galene Doll, Gummybears-Gold Piggy Bank, Grumpycat-Pink Piggy Bank , Sphyrez-Pink Piggy Bank , Frostyangelz-Pink Piggy Bank , Connvict-Pink Piggy Bank

Prizes to claim
Tan familiars, Galene dolls and Piggy Banks will all be delivered immediately after drawings are held, in a Rose & Yellow wrapped present inscribed "National Puzzle Day - January 2016". You don't need to do anything to claim these prizes. I'll edit this post when they've been delivered. These have all been delivered, so check your inventory!
For all others, keep reading:

Finalists : Yerfroggy (Cerulean), Aeollus (Meridian) (delivered), Tzz (Emerald) (delivered)
You've won a colored familiar of your choice (Parrot, Monkey or Octopus, no hats, in standard event prize colors). You have 2 weeks to petition with your selection. Petition subject line should read: "ATTN: Galene, Puzzle Day Prize".

Semi-Finalists:
Galene Puzzle hour: Hamilton (Cerulean), Mindcrafter (Meridian) 9AM-10AM Sunday Feb 14, Murderer (Emerald)
Galene will Puzzle for 1 hour on your voyage (restrictions apply).
I will not puzzle on your PvP or blockade voyage. I will ONLY perform Sailing, Carpentry or Gunning, and no I won't defend =P
I will not provide any additional benefit to the vessel, so be prepared that jobbers may get distracted by my beauty and my presence could be a liability, and plan accordingly!
Below is a set schedule of my availability, and while you will have 2 weeks to schedule (by petition), it's 1st come, 1st serve! Petition fast to make sure a winner from another ocean doesn't take your preferred slot. Petition with the subject line: "ATTN: Galene, Puzzle Day Puzzle Reservation"
Available Dates and Times: Any Saturday in February, any hour between 8PM and 10PM, Any Sunday in February between 8AM and 10AM or 11PM to 12AM.

Galene Portrait: Alaya (Cerulean), Raphaelsw (Meridian)(delivered), Kuroge (Emerald)(delivered)
Portrait winners: You'll have one month to collect your prize. This will be a 2-person background portrait, your choice of those available to the public at that time. You may select an appropriate title for the portrait as well, but I'll be wearing my standard outfit/standard pose. You may also choose a location, including my Tea Ell Sea (I'll loan it to you temporarily, and you can job me to your crew). I'll purchase both the original, which I will trade to you, and an additional copy I'll keep for myself. If you want additional copies, you'll need to take care of that yourself. I'll be available Monday-Wednesday, 10:00 PM through 4:00 AM. When you are ready to collect, petition with the subject line: "ATTN: Galene, Puzzle Day Portrait" and include in your petition the background, title and location you've selected, so I know you're ready to go!
Galene
[Edit 11 times, last edit by Galene at Feb 5, 2016 12:18:47 AM]
[Jan 30, 2016 12:38:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

Re: Puzzle ALL Day - National Puzzle Day - January 29, 2016[Winners Posted] Reply to this Post

Thanks for having so many handkerchiefs as prizes! I was able to win 2 and buy 3 yayyy. Much appreciated Galene =]
I sometimes do avatars!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[Jan 30, 2016 2:03:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clenito

09:00pm-Competition-All ship puzzles (not including foraging)
Overall prizes: 1st Yellow & Rose Parrot and Resplendent Pirate Trophy, 2nd Yellow & Tan Parrot, similar progression for 3rd & 4th

09:00pm-Competition-All shop puzzles (including foraging)
Overall prizes: 1st Rose & Yellow Parrot and Resplendent Pirate Trophy, 2nd Tan & Yellow Parrot, similar progression for 3rd & 4th

So, what about this "Resplendent Pirate Trophy" prize? Did someone actually get a trophy for winning a puzzle competition?
Barbecul, on Emerald.

on Youtube

My trinkets
[Feb 8, 2016 1:37:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

So, what about this "Resplendent Pirate Trophy" prize? Did someone actually get a trophy for winning a puzzle competition?
It's an in-game furniture item, one of the prizes for the competition and yup, they were given out.
Galene
[Feb 8, 2016 3:22:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates