• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6398 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Meehearties

Another glitch with message furniture Reply to this Post

Hi Forculus,

Not sure if any of the powers that be spotted my message on the other thread so i figured i will start a new one to be sure. Here is another glitch I have spotted since the last update.

It seems when using the larger font option if someone has typed in caps it is getting cut off too!
Also I had forgotten to mention before....the X on the side for deleting is also getting cut off.

Any chance those are easy fixes?

(P.S. release GREY as an official gold box colour! hint hint nudge nudge...I will never let this go!!)
----------------------------------------
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Dec 9, 2015 7:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Re: Another glitch with message furniture Reply to this Post

(P.S. release GREY as an official gold box colour! hint hint nudge nudge...I will never let this go!!)

The other gold box colors are nice, vivid gemstone kind of colors. Grey never really fit in anyway. :(
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Dec 9, 2015 4:18:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Meehearties wrote: 
Here is another glitch I have spotted since the last update.

Thanks for including the screenshot, it makes it much easier to see everything that's going on. Looks like there are several things contributing to the display issue:
  • Message in all CAPS (takes more space)
  • Close to max-length message
  • Max length usernames
  • Large font size

With all those things combined, it's really difficult to make the message all fit on a single line when using the smallest resolution window. To make it work, I've shortened the month down to 3 letters ("Nov" instead of "November") and adjusted the pixel space for the message. I'll include the change in the next release.

For adding grey as a gold box color, I can do this if you get some support in your game design thread. I want to be sure there won't be HWFO from players specifically not wanting grey items from the gold box.
[Dec 10, 2015 2:48:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Thanks once again, Forculus, for all the "little changes" you make.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Dec 10, 2015 11:21:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

<off-topic>
Forculus wrote: 
For adding grey as a gold box color, I can do this if you get some support in your game design thread. I want to be sure there won't be HWFO from players specifically not wanting grey items from the gold box.

Haha, I really like that "not gonna happen". No change-induced HWFO from players? Good luck on that one.
</off-topic>
#TeamEvil
#TeamShadowFleet
[Dec 11, 2015 9:52:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Meehearties wrote: 

Thanks for including the screenshot, it makes it much easier to see everything that's going on. Looks like there are several things contributing to the display issue:
  • Max length usernames
  • Large font size

With all those things combined, it's really difficult to make the message all fit on a single line when using the smallest resolution window. To make it work, I've shortened the month down to 3 letters ("Nov" instead of "November") and adjusted the pixel space for the message. I'll include the change in the next release.

I like how OOO keeps releasing useless stuff such as adding grey content to gold boxes, release a new SMH such as kraken .... But completly ignore flotillas for 6 years now!

Keep going though Forculus ... I just dont get why you are ignoring flots this bad for as long as 6 years!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Dec 13, 2015 10:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rushers9

Meehearties wrote: 

• Max length usernames
  • Large font size

I like how OOO keeps releasing useless stuff such as adding grey content to gold boxes, release a new SMH such as kraken .... But completly ignore flotillas for 6 years now!

Keep going though Forculus ... I just dont get why you are ignoring flots this bad for as long as 6 years!

Cause more than half this game dosen't give a f about flotillas. Try Atlantis. Also flotillas = ResidentSleeper
Rushers - Emerald
deaded
Rushers - Merid

Fedorov says, "negative vibes are not bannable, you can beat yer head against concrete and report me all u want"

[Dec 13, 2015 4:34:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Meehearties wrote: 

• Max length usernames
  • Large font size

Everything mentioned in this thread is much easier to do a quick fix for. Flotillas, not so much.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Dec 13, 2015 6:49:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

Just noticed that long names don't get listed in full even though there's plenty of space left.
Has this been reported before?

Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Jan 30, 2016 3:23:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates