• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 41
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13534 times and has 40 replies Next Thread
Meehearties

Admin help needed Reply to this Post

I made a booboo with the Golden Vase (peacock) furni grid (/e curses the confusing names) and Budclare very kindly told what to do to move the page etc...I think I have it right now but I need an admin to help change the image path.

at the moment it is reading as
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/File:Colors-furniture-Gilded_peacock_vase.png

and it needs to say
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/File:Colors-furniture-Golden_vase_(peacock).png

many thanks

Meehearties
----------------------------------------
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Nov 12, 2015 10:38:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Admin help needed Reply to this Post

Done!
[Nov 12, 2015 8:24:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Done!

Many thanks!
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Nov 13, 2015 12:27:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

/e steals the thread

While we're renaming things...
-File:Building-Cerulean-Dyeing_Me_Softly.png needs to be renamed to File:Building-Cerulean-Black_Magic_Woman.png
-File:Furniture-Large_table_(recolorable).png needs to be File:Furniture-Large_table_(colored).png
-File:Furniture-Large table (recolorable)-2.png needs to be File:Furniture-Large table (colored)-2.png

/e uses imaginary cookies to bribe an admin

(The tables are called "Large table" in game, exactly the same as the non-enameled large table, so I had to tweak the name...but I didn't name it very well. I took the yohoho tools habit of calling them "recolorable", but then I realized that must sound really confusing to anyone not familiar with yohoho tools. So after that, I always used "(colored)" for disambigging furniture that's available in colored and no-color versions.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Nov 18, 2015 4:17:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Done.

So there's this category here: https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Category:Misnamed_images

Just in case anyone gets bored, there's a whole category of these. The main problem I have is that it sometimes takes a long time to figure out what the correct name should be. :( The category tag will let you suggest the correct name.
{{misnamed image|suggested name}}
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fannon at Nov 18, 2015 5:41:55 PM]
[Nov 18, 2015 5:41:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Done.

So there's this category here: https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Category:Misnamed_images

Just in case anyone gets bored, there's a whole category of these. The main problem I have is that it sometimes takes a long time to figure out what the correct name should be. :( The category tag will let you suggest the correct name.

Thanks!

Yeah, I was looking at that category a few days ago. It's such a mess, though, that I kind of hated to add anything to it. In fact, most of it just looks like garbage that ought to be deleted.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Nov 18, 2015 6:33:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

It is kind of a mess. Sorting through it you could genuinely just tag stuff with the deletion tag as well. A number of them would be completely justified. At one point in time it had ~1500 images. I made a solid dent in it, mainly by doing all the easy ones, then slowly whittled away at it. And then I gave up on it. :P
Wikipedia Administrator
[Nov 18, 2015 7:28:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Holy hell I can't unsee it....what the hell is it? My ocd is crying. /e runs off to get a knitting needle to scratch her brain with. How do you even start on something like that?

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Nov 19, 2015 5:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Holy hell I can't unsee it....what the hell is it? My ocd is crying. /e runs off to get a knitting needle to scratch her brain with. How do you even start on something like that?

By going all Cyberman on it. Delete! Delete!
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Nov 19, 2015 2:00:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I need to move this page to here. (Once or twice in the past, I copied and pasted from user pages to the appropriate page just because it had somehow not occurred to me that I could move from user space, and also the pages were brand new and had no history to speak of, I think. Now that I've realized I can...I still can't. Whee!)

There admittedly isn't much edit history on the user page, but there's still more history than the redirect page has, since it was never anything except a redirect page. So, I was going to ask someone to delete the redirect page, but the Move page says:

Note that the page will not be moved if there is already a page at the new title, unless it is empty or a redirect and has no past edit history.

So I tried just moving the page myself...but it gave me an error. Of course. I guess because it has an edit history, i.e. the creation of the page with the redirect, but how exactly could a redirect exist without having been created? Silly Move function.

So, I guess I do need the redirect page deleted, unless there's some other solution I'm not aware of. Or someone can just move the page for me, if that's easier. I'll add the for2 to the user page so it'll be ready to go.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Feb 16, 2016 12:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Thank you, Faulkston! <3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Feb 17, 2016 10:13:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

You're welcome.
[Feb 18, 2016 8:18:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Do yppedia admins have the power to split a page's history? Wikipedia admins apparently do, but I didn't see any reference to it on our help pages.

This page got stolen ages ago. It's not just a different building, but a different island. I'd probably ignore it, but the owner of the original (now dusted) shoppe links to the page from her pirate page.

The current building has been renamed anyway, so it needs to be moved to "Leather and Lace (Terra Island)" (a name I'm not entirely happy with, but the alternatives seemed worse). If admins have the ability to just move the portion of the history that applies to the current building (from June 2011 on), that would be nice. If not, I guess I'll just copy and paste the old building stub after I move the page.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 11, 2016 7:39:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Wikipedia runs MediaWiki 1.28, YPPedia only has 1.18. If there's a tool for us to split page histories, I don't see it. But there may be another way.

(EDIT)Looks like I managed to split it up by deleting and selective restoration. However, Leather and Lace itself has a bit of history (as there used to be ANOTHER building on Meridian...ON THE SAME ISLAND!), so I'm not sure what to do with the names.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at Jun 11, 2016 9:58:30 AM]
[Jun 11, 2016 9:52:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Wikipedia runs MediaWiki 1.28, YPPedia only has 1.18. If there's a tool for us to split page histories, I don't see it.

Blargh.

However, Leather and Lace itself has a bit of history (as there used to be ANOTHER building on Meridian...ON THE SAME ISLAND!), so I'm not sure what to do with the names.

Yeah, I spent some time tearing my hair out over that. I hated to go with (Terra Island) since there used to be another, but (second Terra) or something seemed kind of nuts, and the old building was never named (Terra Island) anyway. So. Whatever.

Thanks for the help. <3 This one's been on my to-do list for almost three months because it was just so annoying.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 11, 2016 9:09:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Could someone move the following templates for me with the redirects suppressed, please? I just need the "Yeti" replaced with "Festive yeti".

https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template:My_pets/Yeti/primary/sea_green
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template:My_pets/Yeti/primary/chocolate
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template:My_pets/Yeti/primary/wine
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Template:My_pets/Yeti/primary/spring_green

(Naughty plum yetis, not letting me use the same templates for both anymore.)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 15, 2016 6:02:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Done.
[Jul 15, 2016 7:34:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Thanks! <3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 15, 2016 7:53:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Could someone move this these pages for me, please?

Tuatha Tinctures
Crann Bethadh (Meridian)

It was renamed to replace a dusted building, so I moved the old page to make room, but now the redirect needs to be squashed. The page is already updated so you can grab the new name from there. The screenshot is sorted out already.

EDIT: Added a second page. I don't know what it is about Fintan. I haven't had this problem in a few months, I think, and now twice in an hour or so.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at Aug 14, 2016 3:22:23 PM]
[Aug 14, 2016 2:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Done.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Aug 14, 2016 9:20:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

<3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Aug 14, 2016 9:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

another Meehearties booch. Could someone fix the file name on the gold tapestry upload. I stupidly have the word spear in there.

thanks so much

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Oct 10, 2016 4:19:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Done.
Wikipedia Administrator
[Oct 10, 2016 4:53:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Can someone move this page back to the un-disambigged name (Sea Lions), please (which requires the deletion of the redirect page)? It got renamed post-merge, and is now back to its original name.

https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Sea_Lions_(Meridian)

EDIT: Actually, while we're at it, could someone delete these pages, please?
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Guardians_of_the_Gallery_(Cerulean) I...booched. This page needs to be deleted so the original page can be moved (back) to this name. (Downside: my hilarious "persimmon" boochage will be lost from the revision history. ;)
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Central_Gallery_(Cerulean) (duplicate)
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Devastation_(Emerald) (duplicate)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at Oct 11, 2016 6:15:43 PM]
[Oct 11, 2016 1:41:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Can someone add Obsidian to this template, please? It's protected.

Template:Ocean table

Thanks! :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 30, 2017 7:03:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Can someone add Obsidian to this template, please? It's protected.

Template:Ocean table

Thanks! :)

Let me know if that worked
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jun 30, 2017 7:49:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Let me know if that worked

Try putting a space after it? I think that's what's breaking it.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 30, 2017 8:16:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Try that?
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jun 30, 2017 8:40:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

/e pulls hair out

I must be missing something obvious. :(
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 30, 2017 9:32:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

What are you trying to use it on?
Wikipedia Administrator
[Jun 30, 2017 10:15:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates