• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1767 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Meehearties

Grids for SMH hats, masks, wigs etc Reply to this Post

So I have been busy updating furniture grids for gold box and haunted seas and I realised I needed to do a bit more work on the hats, masks and wigs etc for all the different smh types and for gold box.

I was going through the clothing (hats) page...
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Clothing_%28hats%29
and I wanted to add notes that link back to the respective smh pages and show the colour grids for each type...then I noticed something and it's been bugging me...so I need some healthy debate to help my ocd out.

In my mind it makes sense to have grids under each different type...so for male atlantean helmets you should click into it and see the male ones...and the same thing for female ones.

What also stuck out was under CI there are icons for each of the 3 types of mask but not a male and female in each => shouldn't there be 6 icons?

My brain is screaming that they are so different to look at but maybe that is the collector inside me.

Then when I went further to add notes to the clothing(hats) that would link back to the grids it was annoying me that if I was to add notes to say the female enlightened masks i would be linking it back to one page with 2 grids and the male ones would pop up first. I think I am cracking up.
----------------------------------------
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Nov 11, 2015 8:12:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Re: Grids for SMH hats, masks, wigs etc Reply to this Post

In my mind it makes sense to have grids under each different type...so for male atlantean helmets you should click into it and see the male ones...and the same thing for female ones.

I don't see the point. They're the same item. And if we needed to tweak the text for some reason, we'd just have to do two pages instead of one.

The sky isn't falling because we don't have a Knight's helm page, so why add two?

What also stuck out was under CI there are icons for each of the 3 types of mask but not a male and female in each => shouldn't there be 6 icons?

My brain is screaming that they are so different to look at but maybe that is the collector inside me.

All of those images are male. Sheesh.

It should be like so, if you want to add them.

Then when I went further to add notes to the clothing(hats) that would link back to the grids it was annoying me that if I was to add notes to say the female enlightened masks i would be linking it back to one page with 2 grids and the male ones would pop up first. I think I am cracking up.

Yes, you are cracking up, not least because the female items are first alphabetically. :P

If you really must create separate pages, then they have to be named Hat name (male/female), not Male/female hat name. Male/female isn't part of the item name, and putting male/female at the beginning just separates the two items on the category page.

But honestly, I don't see that they're worth the clutter of having twice as many pages. If the linking thing bothers you that much, you can add male and female headers to the pages and link directly to those. With the larger images, it would make sense. I don't see the point with pages as teeny tiny as the atlantean helmet page, though, since the whole thing fits on one page anyway.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Nov 12, 2015 5:07:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I agree with Budclare that they should be on one page. I also agree that there can be separate headers to make linking to each one possible. That would make it so clicking on the link takes you straight to the appropriate image.

I also agree with Budclare that, when they are on the same page, female should come first, because it comes first alphabetically. In fact, I think the Atlantean helmet
page is done nearly perfectly.

I agree with Meehearties that it's fine to have two grids for each unique-to-SMH clothing item, one for female and one for male.

I also agree with Meehearties that it would be fine to print both a male and a female of each type in the rewards list, since they look noticably different.

Then when I went further to add notes to the clothing(hats) that would link back to the grids it was annoying me that if I was to add notes to say the female enlightened masks i would be linking it back to one page with 2 grids and the male ones would pop up first.
This problem can be directly solved by Budclare's method of linking to a section. If the images are so small that they show up right next to each other (like Atlantean helmet), then that's fine, you can use the section headings to find the right one. If the grids were huge, then the link would be able to scroll down automatically and only show the male (since that'd be second) image.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Nov 12, 2015 4:54:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

In fact, I think the Atlantean helmet

I tweaked the thing that was bothering me. Now it's perfect. ;)

EDIT: Except now I'm obsessing over the smh pages. Ugh. The kraken page doesn't even have a clothing section... Okay, I'm adding the female ci masks myself, since there are other things I want to fix anyway.

EDIT AGAIN: Ack, the EO masks are just one image. They'll have to be split in two if you want to link them separately.

EDIT THE THIRD: Yep, the SMH pages are my new rabbit hole... Boohiss. I was enjoying taking a break.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 3 times, last edit by budclare2 at Nov 13, 2015 4:59:19 AM]
[Nov 13, 2015 3:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

In fact, I think the Atlantean helmet

I tweaked the thing that was bothering me. Now it's perfect. ;)

EDIT: Except now I'm obsessing over the smh pages. Ugh. The kraken page doesn't even have a clothing section... Okay, I'm adding the female ci masks myself, since there are other things I want to fix anyway.

EDIT AGAIN: Ack, the EO masks are just one image. They'll have to be split in two if you want to link them separately.

EDIT THE THIRD: Yep, the SMH pages are my new rabbit hole... Boohiss. I was enjoying taking a break.

Like!
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Nov 13, 2015 12:29:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Like!

Enabler! <3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Nov 14, 2015 4:03:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates