• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 39
Posts: 39   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9854 times and has 38 replies Next Thread
Galene
OceanMaster

[Doodle]Is Galene a Ginger? November 21, 2015 [Winners Announced] Reply to this Post

What are we doing? Celebrating Gingerbread Day!
How do we play? Create your own yummy Ginger-Pirate!
Why do we do this? Because Galene is a Ginger (or she isn't, but she is hungry?)
When do I have to do this? Before 11:59pm pirate time on Saturday, November 21st, 2015

Everybody keeps trying to figure out my deets! Is Galene a Guy or a Gal? Is Galene a Kiwi or an Aussie? The other day, I had a pirate ask me if I was a Ginger. It made me hungry. Your mission is to bake a delicious completely edible, pirate themed Gingerbread cookie. As previous hosts have done, I'm keeping prizes flexible, depending on the quantity and quality of entries. Make me a yummy Ginger treat!

Possible prizes
* Celebratory things!
* Food furniture!
* Galene Eggs!
* Maybe even a doll!
* Ships with tan/brown/orange paint!
* Ships with delicious names!
* Anything else I think fits the theme!
* Shiny Sun Points!

The details
* One entry per person.
* The deadline is 11:59pm pirate time on Saturday, November 21st, 2015.
* You may use any type of edible ingredients, but it must be cooked as part of the process.
* You can add other edible decorations to your pre-cooked cookie, but they must all be edible items and nothing can be added after it has baked other than edible icing.
* You can accentuate your artwork by adding food color either to the dough before cooking or afterward using icing.
* You will need to create a final image that is no larger than 600 x 600 pixels, then save it as a .jpg or .png.
* You'll then need to upload it to a hosting site - either web space of your own, or one of the many file hosting services available, such as flickr.com, photobucket.com, imageshack.com. You then have a url for your image.
* Make sure your image links do not require viewers to register or download anything. Use the "Preview" button before posting your entry, to make sure the image is showing correctly. Remember to press "Reply to this post" instead of "Post new thread"!
* Include your final image as an image in the your entry post using image tags, as shown here
* You may eat your tasty creation after you've submitted your entry (but only if it's completely edible!)
* Shiny Sun Points will be awarded to winners as well as other prizes that I feel fit the theme.
* Post questions AND entries to this same thread.

Your entry post should include:
* Post your entry in this same thread.
* Make sure your entry post includes pirate name and ocean.
* Provide a brief description of what it is suppose to be. I'm sure we can tell what YOURS is, but somebody is going to do Vargas the Mad and I'm going to see a Kraken!
* Provide two pictures, your cookie before it's cooked and after it's cooked, pictures in image tags, no larger than 600 x 600 pixels
* Include your favorite in-game color (of those available in shoppes)

----------------------------------------
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Galene at Nov 25, 2015 6:45:49 AM]
[Nov 8, 2015 1:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
bluealef

Re: [Doodle]Is Galene a Ginger? November 21, 2015 Reply to this Post

question, can we make something like a gingerbread ship (3 dimensional) or does it have to be a gingerbread pirate only?
[Nov 9, 2015 11:56:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

bluealef wrote: 
question, can we make something like a gingerbread ship (3 dimensional) or does it have to be a gingerbread pirate only?

This is a "Doodle" event. It's intended to be something folks can throw together in a relatively short period of time, so with that in mind, it needs to be a Ginger-Pirate specifically. Save the more ornate and likely more time-consuming creative ideas you have for a future event!
Galene
[Nov 10, 2015 2:39:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean
Color: White!

Presenting the gingerpirates and their mates:
[with card]

It took me a few tries to get the shape right without a cutter, so I thought I might as well decorate each try. :)

There's a snowpirate with mittens and an eyepatch, an angered yeti, two classic gingerpirates, with a hook and corset gown, and a peg leg, eyepatch and belted vest accordingly. At the bottom are two more mates dressed in matching candy-cane stripey knickers and shirts.

[Materials:] Being a student without a car, I had to use a mix from my campus' store.

In-progress: I wasn't sure if this mix would hold shape, so I send in a [brave test soul], who came out looking more [like a snowman] , so a Snowpirate he became. Next I tried a [second round of test subjects] , this time with thinner limbs. They turned out a little pudgy still, and burnt on the edges, [which I cut off] . These two turned into the candy-cane striped mates. [My last iteration] was the best for the shape I was going for, and to be extra adventurous I decided to try for a yeti as well.

My card wore off with all the hand-washing so I improvised with some icing. I may or may not have licked it off afterwards.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Nov 18, 2015 1:24:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EverclearBoy

Galene has a soul, she can't be a Ginger ;)
Amberon says, "Tricky little bastards."
Stud at Drinking Competitions says, "umm >.> will u quit for 50% of what i win? >.>"
Everclearboy officer chats "Stud's offering me Half a bird?"
[Nov 19, 2015 2:45:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bluealef

Aelain of Meridian , light blue

thanks for this doodle galene i found out i love royal icing xD, especially crushing dried icing with my finger its so weird xD
progress:
http://i.imgur.com/8YI959R.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/09eWD68.jpg

i couldnt find food coloring, well didnt really want to it tastes weird to me q: but still i think i made it work (:
[Nov 20, 2015 4:58:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bluealef

i loveee your yeti cattrin so angry so yummy its the perfect yeti ((:
[Nov 20, 2015 5:03:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Your mission is to bake a delicious completely edible, pirate themed Gingerbread cookie.

Um, question, are we limited to submitting 1 cookie? Or are we being judged on a batch of cookies?
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Nov 20, 2015 8:13:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Um, question, are we limited to submitting 1 cookie? Or are we being judged on a batch of cookies?

I wasn't sure on this either- if that is the case I can edit my entry and choose a single cookie to enter.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Nov 20, 2015 8:39:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captionship

Edit: Do not post about bans in the forums. Contact banpleading via the support form
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Nov 20, 2015 1:43:13 PM]
[Nov 20, 2015 8:56:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Edit: Do not post about bans in the forums. Contact banpleading via the support form

@Captionship - if you're serious about wanting to be un-banned, and if you've really matured, then perhaps you should follow the proper procedures shown HERE instead of spamming event threads.

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Nov 20, 2015 1:43:44 PM]
[Nov 20, 2015 9:05:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

For those asking, it's "One entry per person." So I'm judging one cookie.

If you submitted a picture with a plate of cookies however, don't worry about going back to edit. I mean, who makes just one cookie?!? I'm not going to DQ you for having more in the picture. I'm just basing judging off one, though. I'll pretend you already ate the others!
Galene
[Nov 20, 2015 5:15:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I'm just basing judging off one, though. I'll pretend you already ate the others!

Which is probably true anyway. Poor bastards were doomed as soon as the camera was put down.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Nov 20, 2015 5:41:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

I'm just basing judging off one, though. I'll pretend you already ate the others!

Which is probably true anyway. Poor bastards were doomed as soon as the camera was put down.

Some of mine were doomed before they even made it in the oven, the dough was delicious. And I need to stop procrastinating icing the ones that did make it.
~Princessmg~
[Nov 20, 2015 5:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Firstroundz

Firstround on Emerald, Red

Pre-Baked link
Pre-Baked With Tag link
Out of the oven link
Final Entry with Tag Link

IS Galene a Ginger?? Totally!!! Only her hair turned out more pink than red!! (the tube said red tho!) Guess that's what can happen sometimes when you dye it! There is that blond streak though too, she does like to be mysterious!

Firstround on Emerald
[Nov 20, 2015 6:10:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Pirate: Alpha
Ocean: Emerald
Colour: Light Blue

Here is my pirate-themed Gingerbread cookie :-

Oh my!!! A scroll in the dough!

Alpha set out to uncover what was meant by "X marks the Ginger ". She ported her Gingerbread Class Sloop and started the journey .... climbed a snow covered liquorice flavoured mountain, cut through an apple orchard forrest, braved fierce head hunters , passed some minty mossy rocks, walked across a bubblegum flavoured river on a chocolate covered bridge (tasted fantastic), went passed a flaming grassland and reached the X !

Alpha found the Ginger ? a Gingerbread Cookie !!!

final product

link to album

Thank you for letting me loose on this YUM - A - DOO - DLE - LI - CIOUS mission!!
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Nov 20, 2015 9:52:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Captain Cleaver decorated with licorice, food coloring and put macaroni in his hat and called it a feather

after baking and a dab of icing to make the sword nice and shiny

favorite color maroon
semi relevant question - why does Ginger refer to someone with red hair? I have seen ginger & it is a yellowish tan, or maybe tannish yellow.
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Nov 21, 2015 3:19:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Pirate: Princessmg
Ocean: Emerald
Colour: Purple
Unbaked
Different cookie unbaked with tag
ALL THE COOKIES baked with tag
WIP with very hard to read tag (my tags were done with edible markers)
And here is the final product:

He has a hook, eyepatch and pegleg, and wearing a captains jacket, pants, fancy boots and a bandana (it was windy so his captains hat blew off :P).
with tag
I can't bring myself to eat this one but this unfortunate pirate received a black icing booch to the face and didn't survive for long after that.
~Princessmg~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Crazymg at Nov 21, 2015 4:31:16 PM]
[Nov 21, 2015 4:28:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rippled

Roost on Cerulean.
Favorite color: Light blue

Uncooked
Here is everybody. From top left: Pirate with a starfish and pegleg, wearing a red striped shirt and black pants. Next to him is our lovely Madam Yu Jian. Bottom left is a lass wearing a captain's hat, midriff blouse, striped pants, and curled slippers. Lastly, it's a lady in corset and gown with an eyepatch.
Decorated with Card

It's hard to pick just one to be judged! But if I had to pick, it would be this one... Unless you like another one :)

[Nov 21, 2015 4:46:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pickypeanut

Lastcall
Emerald Ocean
Fav. Color Black

Entry: Ginger-Cultist

Prebaked Ginger-Cultist

Sadly this event came to a tragic ending :(
WARNING: This image may be disturbing to some Ginger-Pirates

Out of habit here is the album link
---Lastcall--- of Emerald

Forumn avatar made by the talented Frayscarlet :)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pickypeanut at Nov 21, 2015 5:21:55 PM]
[Nov 21, 2015 5:14:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greyladyy of Cerulean

Favorite color: Lavendar

My thought is that you are a big, brawny male pirate with a penchant for "girly" colors in the red family - red, pink, rose - to go with your fiery red mustache! Here you are wearing a musketeer hat, striped shirt with vest, stripy knickers and fancy boots.

Unbaked pirate:

Hot out of the oven, un-iced
Fully iced, baked pirate

[Nov 21, 2015 5:33:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean
Navy
I made you a Pirate Ginger Spice . Because I'm weird like that.

Unbaked
(Over)baked
Materials , Progress
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Nov 21, 2015 6:55:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Cuteeee Herowena!
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Nov 21, 2015 8:03:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paulpopper

Sapphic of Emerald
Favourite colour is black. :)

It's a kraken. :3
Or...it's supposed to be. lol

Okay, so I guess I never took the prebaked photo like I thought I did??
I do have one before it was baked, but it was intended as a progress picture and therefore is not exactly what my cookie dough looked like before going into the oven.

Basically looked the same before I put it in the oven, except I had distributed the blue dye completely. (So it was an unremarkable blue square)

Also because I'm a noob to doodle events, I forgot to put my name card in there..
eep o_o
Sapphic on Emerald Ocean. :D
[Nov 21, 2015 9:14:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

If I wasn't hungry before, I sure am now!
Galene
[Nov 22, 2015 4:16:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Re: [Doodle]Is Galene a Ginger? November 21, 2015 [Winners Announced] Reply to this Post

Shiny Sun Points!

First Place 5 shiny sun points:
Lastcall of Emerald. This is a nice balance between detailed, without overdoing it! It still has a doodley-silly cookie feel to it! And if you haven't taken the link to see the tragic ending yet folks, do it, it's hilarious (and had no role in judging, which was completed before I clicked and died). You also win a cursed class sloop named "Ginger Cultist"

Second Place each get + =2 shiny sun points:
Alpha of Emerald, your backstory was awesome, and so was the scroll. Just so you know however, your placement was based just on the pirate in the corner!
Greyladyy of Cerulean hilarious that he even has a ginger mustache!

3rd Place each get shiny sun point:
Herowena of Cerulean and that sexy ginger Widow Queen!
Firstround of Emerald, I dyed!

Honorable mention to Doggbreath of Cerulean, because Cleaver is just too adorable. I have no idea why we call it Ginger, and I have to question you for eating unboiled macaroni (though I can't DQ it, I have a family member who eats uncooked noodles all the time)

Everybody should check their inventory in about 24 hours for a wrapped present, even those who won sun points already! It may be an egg, it may be a plate of gingerbread cookies, or something else entirely!

[Edit: Shiny Sun Points have been added !]
Galene
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Nov 25, 2015 1:09:07 PM]
[Nov 25, 2015 7:14:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Re: [Doodle]Is Galene a Ginger? November 21, 2015 [Winners Announced] Reply to this Post

Prizes all delivered!
Galene
[Nov 25, 2015 7:38:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

^_^ Thank you Galene, it was fun doodling
(Ye find 1 Sealed deed for one Sloop (Gingerbread Class) (red, lime, & almond) inside!)

Congratulations Lastcall
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patrys12 at Nov 25, 2015 8:24:02 AM]
[Nov 25, 2015 8:19:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Thanks, Galene! It was delicious fun.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Nov 25, 2015 8:38:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Ohhhh! Thank ye so much! I would give the good news to Captain Mustachio, however, he had an unfortunate encounter with my mouth. :(

(Ye find 1 Sealed deed for one Sloop (Gingerbread Class) (red, lime, & almond) inside!) <===== Beautiful!! :)

Congrats to all of the winners (especially Lastcall - knew that was a winner!!) and thanks again for the tasty event!

[Nov 25, 2015 10:42:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 39   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates