• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2103 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
xoenergy

Pilly Guide Reply to this Post

Hi m8s, I am Cuddleyou on emerald. I used to pilly quite often back in the day and am getting back into it. Since I am pretty rusty I am asking for your help. I have done a search for tips and tricks/guides on the forums but I just keep on finding Only the basic (like how much rum and Cbs to use)

I am looking for tips on how to find the most amount of spawns and spawns with a good booty.

Right now I Plan on doing pillys from Wissahickon Island to Beaufort Islands and back. If there is a better know spot on the ocean then plz let me know.

If you have any answers or can point me to an external guide I will be very grateful.

May the wind be in your favor :D
----------------------------------------
"It's not an adventure until something goes wrong" ~180 degrees south
[Nov 3, 2015 6:26:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xoenergy

Re: Pilly Guide Reply to this Post

I am not really looking for Bnav specific guides/tips, more so towards finding my opponent as efficiently as possible. But good bnav guides wont hurt, I have already found a few bnav.

[Nov 3, 2015 6:57:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Right now I Plan on doing pillys from Wissahickon Island to Beaufort Islands and back. If there is a better know spot on the ocean then plz let me know.

Well, what are you trying to accomplish? Wissa to Beaufort is the hardest route on the ocean. Theoretically, that's also the best payout. But if you're taking a bunch of greenies, that means you're going to lose a lot, as well.

I am not really looking for Bnav specific guides/tips, more so towards finding my opponent as efficiently as possible. But good bnav guides wont hurt, I have already found a few bnav.

I've found that regularly double-turning to bleed off excess speed (keep your speed around 2/3 or below) means that you get regular spawns in front of you. If you zoom in on the "yer known world" map, you get an extended-distance radar. Whenever you see a spawn ahead of you that looks like it's the right color to attack you, immediately bleed off speed to below 2/3 so that it won't turn and accelerate away from you.

Don't know if that will work on the inter-ocean routes the way it does on inter-arch routes, but theoretically it should.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xelto at Nov 3, 2015 1:11:05 PM]
[Nov 3, 2015 1:07:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xoenergy

Thank You for the response. I hope to be GM+ in a week or two to run with elite jobbers, but I guess I will be jobbing some less skilled players until I reach that point.

So doing a double turn is pretty effective? Ill keep that in mind, I just came accross a post about that after a couple of hours of search ( I am bad at research)

thanks
[Nov 3, 2015 4:15:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

So doing a double turn is pretty effective? Ill keep that in mind, I just came accross a post about that after a couple of hours of search ( I am bad at research)

Keep in mind that I usually do take-anyone pillages in war brigs, so my acceleration and yours are likely to be different if you're doing elite runs. So how spawns react may well be different, as well. But it's worth trying, at the very least. I'm usually engaged every couple LPs when I manage my speed.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Nov 3, 2015 5:44:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates