• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1983 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
napleon

Admiral Event Blockades Reply to this Post

Ahoy matey's pretty much going to be doing mini daily events since things have been pretty slow just 1 or 2 SMHs a day and want to make the game a little bit more active with yer options on what to do when you log on.

This isn't so much a thread telling you whats going to happen but this is more to help me out to schedule how exactly I can make this event better.

So the jist of it is that there's a daily Event Blockade and there's prizes

1st Place gets 400k by winning 2-3 rounds
2nd place gets 1 sloop by winning 1 round
3rd place gets 65k by winning 1 round

Rules
1. Pay Cap is to 2k
2. Alliances are ignored so every flag for themselves.

So far I've done this for the past 3 days and it's been going well only thing I've changed was the pay cap from 1k to 2k.

So my question is, is what can I do to make this event bigger so more people can participate?

*More poe in prizes isn't going to work because I'm spending nearly 550k to keep you guys happy so eat my booty.

And if there is a time where I can not be on I'm going to need Spectators to watch if the rules are being followed if they're not then I'm not giving out prizes there's no point of me giving my hard earned poe to people who don't play nice. (I'm not a nice person at times but this time I am)

So yeah please put yer thoughts down below please be helpful.
----------------------------------------
Naploen-Sage
Pirate King since 2006
[Oct 28, 2015 7:09:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
napleon

Re: Admiral Event Blockades Reply to this Post

Now that I think of it 400k is a lot... Monday thru Friday thats 2m a week I'd be spending I might make that a hump day thing or Friday for people that can't get on during the weekdays.

***Also I forgot to mention that I'd like to make this affordable for all flags new and old***

PS****Also this is like a trail thing until I have my schedule at 100% again****
Naploen-Sage
Pirate King since 2006
[Edit 2 times, last edit by napleon at Oct 28, 2015 7:34:52 PM]
[Oct 28, 2015 7:13:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luckmonster4

So far i think it is a great idea and do believe it makes the game more fun. I think the pay really effects it though. I spent 250k for jobbers and stock for all 3 rounds when cap was 1k and prize was 200k so really you lose a lil money but thats fine if you can budget. But newer flags however are new and noobs lol so they may not really know how to budget this and spend alot more than needed. So id suggest maybe lower pay cap back 2 1k i think that is reasonable because if ur paying elite and jobbers delight then the pro players will be getting around 2k anyways. dont mind me btw i jabber and sound stupid alot.
[Oct 28, 2015 7:33:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srachit

I know my flag had a lot of fun at the event! And that 2k pay is more than affordable, at 1k it is a struggle to load a ship, at 2k its a little better. I'd personally like to see it at 2.5k. And its still pretty affordable for a new flag.
Raaz on Emerald
Pandaraaz on Meridian
[Oct 28, 2015 11:01:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luckmonster4

Well lets say a flag has 20 jobbers pay is 2k that 40k a seg 200k plus a round. Thats a little much seeing as the prize is 400k. True objective would be for smaller flag to win and get a little extra poe for their flags and some practice. As for KTP your a fairly established flag and QT being established also. Such as my flag with limited poe and ships only coming from me. I agree 2k is a low cost but it is however an event cade. I still got 20 jobbers at 1k.
[Oct 29, 2015 9:49:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MalasiaYo

I still got 20 jobbers at 1k.

Um we? ROfl <33

I still think me and Luck deserve like um 800mil for helping you out each time ilysm.
[Oct 29, 2015 3:50:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srachit

Well lets say a flag has 20 jobbers pay is 2k that 40k a seg 200k plus a round. Thats a little much seeing as the prize is 400k. True objective would be for smaller flag to win and get a little extra poe for their flags and some practice. As for KTP your a fairly established flag and QT being established also. Such as my flag with limited poe and ships only coming from me. I agree 2k is a low cost but it is however an event cade. I still got 20 jobbers at 1k.

Even if you pay 500k and end up winning first place at the end of the day you've spent only 100k, if a flag cant afford to pay 100k for some fun practice, I don't think they should be kading at all.
Raaz on Emerald
Pandaraaz on Meridian
[Oct 29, 2015 6:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twistedblake

I think a good way to get more flags to participate might be like you said... only have the event like once or twice a week... but in doing this you could bump up the prizes a bit since you would be saving poe for the other days... and by not having it every day, the days you do host it will feel more limited than just hosting it every day so i bet you would have a better turnout... I'm almost even thinking you do it like 1 day and put the prize up 3 times as much as you currently have it so you would save on 2 days poe at least and the winning flag could potentially win some poe... then again it is you're money and I'm just very appreciative for you hosting these events... so with that being said manage it however you want because in the end you'll still get flags to come out for it :) good event man!!!!
-Brocko
[Oct 29, 2015 8:47:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srachit

I like that suggestion ^^
Raaz on Emerald
Pandaraaz on Meridian
[Oct 29, 2015 10:45:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Melodyk2

I think a good way to get more flags to participate might be like you said... only have the event like once or twice a week...

I agree with this. Hosting event kades on the weekends might be better, more flags can hop in (as more people might be on in the weekends). It is within my belief that you can fill ships faster during afternoon hours in PST--EST time, as a majority of the players speak English (and live in the Americas, at least to my knowledge).

I support lowering the cap back down to 1k or 1.5k, honestly, jobbers will fill on the weekends (at least non-paying players, as 1k is still a good solid chunk for 9 mins) for lower flags to get in on this, and also upping the booty [possibly doubling it, which might make it worth it for some smaller flags, etc]

I haven't yet participated in any of the kades, but would you mind posting a bit more info as well? (aka what ship types are allowed, any special rules, etc). I'm very interested in all of this and would like to get in on this too ;)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Melodyk2 at Nov 5, 2015 12:44:04 AM]
[Nov 5, 2015 12:41:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates