• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3776 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
_Avienda_

Can IC come out and play? (Legacy knocking on the door for Harmattan) Reply to this Post

We had some schedule changes for this weekend, and since IC were not happy with our drop time at Raven's Roost, we wanted to take this chance to drop on a time that suits them better. The blockade will start at Saturday noon game time.

Pay will start at 666 PoE/segment, and we will play nice and fair (sane raises to even out jobbing, aiming for reasonable pay and a blockade that is decided by the skill of the staff) if IC do the same. As usual, however, we will adjust and play with what we get, and respond to any tactics in ways that we see fit.

If we win, we will govern Harmattan like we always governed mediums before: Keep it stocked and buying things, and taxes at 0. If anything should be lacking, we will fix that if poked about it. We will also keep defenses non-sinking unless given a reason not to (entirely up to us to judge, of course), because we like blockades and we wouldn't want to scare anyone away from dropping on us.

However, the newly announced changes to the blockade window (shortening it to Sat noon-midnight instead of Sat noon-Sunday noon, in other words, the European night and morning) will be very negative for Legacy's abilities to blockade at all, most likely. This will affect our drops as well as defenses and the blockade pond. If you want to add your voice to the players who have already protested against this change, in the hopes that OOO might reconsider, please do so here ! (Also the reason for my negative tone in this post, my apologies for that - I hope that I'll be able to improve my mood before the blockade starts, at least.)

And to IC, when deciding whether or not to defend, keep in mind that we are Harmless.

For now. ;)

Art by the amazing Narci. <3
----------------------------------------
Avienda

SO of Nightmare

Steward of Legacy in the absense of the king
[Edit 1 times, last edit by _Avienda_ at Oct 25, 2015 12:32:05 AM]
[Oct 24, 2015 12:56:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Re: Can IC come out and play? (Legacy knocking on the door for Harmattan) Reply to this Post

We shall see u there for a fun and relaxed cade. (providing the twins behave themselves)

Gl
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Oct 24, 2015 3:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Avienda_

Re: Can IC come out and play? (Legacy knocking on the door for Harmattan) Reply to this Post

I've talked to Lizzy and we're looking forward to it! :) I do hope that the little ones behave this time!
Avienda

SO of Nightmare

[Oct 24, 2015 3:56:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Avienda_

Good game IC, and a big thank you to staff and jobbers who helped us today!

We were never close to winning, except for a point lead at the start of R1, before I made a bad call on what ship to load that cost us more than we could catch up - I simply didn't expect us to suddenly lose twenty jobbers, and we never recovered from that, despite paying more and despite IC sometimes pausing jobbing to let us catch up. There simply were not that many people online, who wanted to job in a blockade at the pay that we were at, so despite the efforts on both sides, we did not manage even jobbing. But thanks to the cade being non-sinking, we could continue to give our newer navers boardtime for all three rounds without bothering too much with the sinkcount that comes with being outjobbed and outnaved at the same time. We made mistakes, we'll learn from them and we had fun, and the total jobbing cost was merely 1,6 mil for three rounds (just as a reference for other flags planning to cade).

Thank you for coming out to play with us tonight! :) And remember, the Blockade Pond at Raven's Roost is still open AND do protest in global Parley if you don't want the blockade window cut in half!
Avienda

SO of Nightmare

[Oct 24, 2015 3:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Monliz

IC enjoyed itself today even with our miscommunication about the cade being Saturday and not Sunday lol. Thank you to everyone who came out to play with both flags today and please, join us as we protest the new changes to blockading to take effect on 6NOV2015.
Monlizzy
Captain and Counselor of Midnight Aurora & Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Meridian Ocean
Queen of Lion's Bane on the Obsidian Ocean
Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Emerald Ocean
[Oct 24, 2015 3:33:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

It sure was a very relaxed cade with giggles and no stress. Thanks Avi for keeping the communication and for a few hours of shooting at each other. :)
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Oct 24, 2015 3:42:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates