• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2471 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Meehearties

Sign my petition to fix this Gold Box Booch! Reply to this Post

So the last couple of weeks in my spare time I have been making grids for Gold Box furniture. I still have lots of grey combo items that are missing and it was bugging me so I did a little checking back through releases. Would you believe there was never an official release for GREY in gold boxes! So that prompted me to PM Forculus (because he just doesn't have enough to do right?)

Hi Forculus,

I wanted to ask you a quick question re Gold Boxes and the grey items they spawn. I have been collecting gold box items ever since they came out and I cannot for the life of mee find certain items in grey colours. Is there any chance that the following items were booched and not released? I know grey was the last colour to be added to Gold Boxes but that has been well over 1 year and 5 months ago now so I find it strange that the following items have not appeared.

- a grey Male Conquistador Knights Helmet
- gilded easels in grey/white and grey/gold
- gilded wardrobes in grey/navy, grey/brown and grey/gold
- gilded beds in grey/white, grey/brown and grey/gold
- gilded armor with sword grey/white
- gilded armor with spear grey/white, grey/navy and grey/brown
- gilded bookcase in grey/white, grey/brown and grey/gold
- gilded sofa in grey/navy and grey/gold

any light you can shed on this for a confused OCD pirate is much appreciated!

Meehearties

and here is his reply...

It looks like Grey was one of the possible colors for those items in an older version of the box, but the color was later replaced with Persimmon. I'm not sure what the reasoning was, it may have been a request from the artists. So it may be quite difficult to find certain items in grey, as they will be considerably rarer than the other colors.

So what do you guys think? Should we fight for grey to be an official colour? It is not just furniture that is effected. Does this mean that grey will not spawn in the new gold box trinkets? it never showed up in the feather!!

Meehearties
----------------------------------------
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Aug 27, 2015 8:43:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: Sign my petition to fix this Gold Box Booch! Reply to this Post

My question: Does this apply to the trinkets as well? Do the brand new trinkets not come in grey?

I would hope that each color is either "Yes, it's a permanent color", or "No, it's only temporary", and TELL US about it. If grey isn't a permanent addition to the gold box palette, I hope they can tell us.

For consistency's sake, I really hope that the next batch contains all the proper colors (including grey AND persimmon), and re-releases all the possible and valid trinket/furniture colors (well, with only the one rotating LE color, of course).
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Aug 27, 2015 9:56:10 AM]
[Aug 27, 2015 9:54:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

I just had a chat with Clotho re radiant pheonix feathers. She had a report from someone that their feather collection all changed to red.

As i recall there was a release that changed the rendering on feathers. When i logged on after that release all my feathers changed to red too. There was a subsequent patch and when i checked after that there were 15 separate colours again. You can see from my pirate page what they were.

However, the feathers have always had a glitch. Maybe they were only ever intended to be a no colour item. From day 1 there were 15 colours including spring green. But from that day on they never spawned in any other LE colour or in grey or persimmon.

Can we have this looked at too please? I think that for the sake of completeness they should come in all 6 le colours and also in grey and persimmon just like all other gold box trinkets that are colourable.

And please think of the mismatched furniture! Not only the older items that are missing certain combos but also all the new furniture. That should have grey too!

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Aug 27, 2015 4:27:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I really dislike my feather now. It was pretty but now its just this dull red feather. I miss the "radiant" part!
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Aug 28, 2015 9:24:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Wait, so the feathers are still spawning in only red? So we lost the pretty one for nothing? D:
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Sep 1, 2015 6:43:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Wait, so the feathers are still spawning in only red? So we lost the pretty one for nothing? D:

yup
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Sep 2, 2015 3:28:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Wouldn't Game Design be a better spot for this?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Sep 8, 2015 5:01:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates