• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3477 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Meehearties

Avast! THE WINNERS ARE AMMOUNCED! another TEC Scavenger Hunt! Reply to this Post

Avast! Ye land lubbering scallywags! TEC is proud to present another chaotical FUNDRAISING event. It?s been nigh on 5 years o? pillagin?, plunderin? and hoardin? treasures from the deep, and Meehearties has completed her 2nd Grandiose Hall display. Tis really a thing o? beauty to behold. To celebrate this, and to help her fundraise to continue on with the 3rd Hall, we in Abundant Addictions have put together yet another scavenger hunt ? one that will officially unveil the hall and all its bombastic bounty. So make haste and join us for some fun as ye pit yer wits against yer fellow scallywags. No weapons be needed only that between yer ears!

When?
The Hunt will run between 3pm GT and 6pm GT on the 19th of September 2015, which just so happens to be International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Where?
The event will take place in the Abundant Addictions Grandiose Hall on Admiral.

How does it work?
- To join the event you must job into the Abundant Addictions crew, where you will be whisked to a boat docked at Admiral.
- Once you are jobbed in participants must deposit 14999 poe into the hold. This will serve as your entry fee and your BEGINNING TIME STAMP.
- Once your timestamp is checked, an officer on-ship will clear you for an invitation to the hall to begin the hunt.
- In the entrance of the hall there will be further instructions on your quest.
- You must then visit the other 26 rooms in the Hall to fulfil the first part of your mission.
- In each room there will be a crossword clue in the news. Each clue will relate to the room in which it was found. You must search the room to find the answer to the clue.
- You will then fill in the crossword as you go.
- Once you have completed this task you will be able to discern the highlighted letters hidden within the crossword.
- The highlighted letters will spell out a phrase, which can be deciphered using a code you must crack.
- Once you have solved the phrase, hop back on the starting ship (GF), send a tell to Jobtec with the fully solved phrase, and finally place 1 poe in the hold. This will mark your FINISH TIME STAMP.
- The pirate with the best time wins! (Note: You are racing against the clock, not against others to be the first to solve the puzzle.)
- Once the 3 hours is up and the last of the entrants has completed the scavenger hunt we will then post the winners names on this thread.

Strict rules that will be enforced
- If you leave the crew hall during the event, even by accident, you will forfeit that entry and be disqualified. You will not be invited back and knocks on the door will not be answered.
- Throughout the hunt any tells or questions regarding the answers to each clue will not be entertained.
- You will not be told if your solved phrase is correct until the event has concluded.
- You only have one shot at it so make sure you are right!
- Your first answer is the only one that will be accepted.
- This is a solo event. Each pirate admitted to the hall must have paid the entry fee.
- All pirates must deposit the 14999 poe and the 1 poe in those two exact installments. Multiple deposits to the hold will be disqualified and counted as donations. Those pirates will then be dismissed from the crew.
- The entry fee must be placed in the hold of the ship. Any poe sent to any royals/senior officers will not qualify and will be forfeited as a donation.
- The ?tell? that you send to jobtec must be exact. Any spelling errors will be deemed incorrect so type carefully.
- We will be keeping chat logs on this alt for verification purposes.

Common courtesies we expect
- Please do not participate if you feel the need to ruin this event for other pirates.
- We ask that should you have any questions that you communicate them to MEEHEARTIES in tells only.
- When you have solved the riddles we ask that you do not type the answers in house or crew chat.
- Our royals/senior officers will be hyper vigilant to spot anyone attempting to re-enter the hunt on a different pirate and solve the phrase in a quicker time frame. Those pirates will be disqualified if we suspect foul play. All Hornswagglers will be keelhauled by order of Captn Meehearties.
- Please be courteous to other participants. We have designed the event to be a fun and entertaining game open to all, and we ask that in the interest of sportsmanship all pirates play it fairly.

Prizes
1st: a commemorative trinket, portrait with Meehearties for the wall of fame in the TEC collection, an all Plum Fanchuan and 3 Booched Mystery Boxes
2nd: a commemorative trinket, a plum chroma and 1 Booched Mystery Box
3rd: a commemorative trinket and 1 Booched Mystery Box

From all in TEC we look forward to seeing you there

Meehearties
----------------------------------------
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Meehearties at Sep 22, 2015 5:44:57 AM]
[Aug 22, 2015 3:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nidhoeggr

Re: Avast! another TEC Scavenger Hunt! Reply to this Post

I'm glad that next weekends I have no other plans, so I can again enjoy your Scavenger Hunt.
I hope you will organize trips to the hard to spot rooms again ;)
Happy Hunting!
Nidhoeggr
Captain and Mascot of Silent Fools
[Sep 13, 2015 1:31:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chromate

I hope you will organize trips to the hard to spot rooms again ;)

Mee will leave bread crumbs from the kitchen if she has to! I'll make sure of it ;)
Cautious says, "That's funny Chromate, You may be stationing, But all you seem to do is talk, You've done my heading this whole run."
Pellaeon forced Cautious to walk the plank.
SO of Abundant Addictions
[Sep 14, 2015 1:55:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Coangel

Had a great time... Well worth the time. I laughed,grumbled a bit but would do it all again..... Thanks.
[Sep 19, 2015 9:17:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
murphf2

Arrr! 'Twas a truly fantastic event. Thanks Mee et al, ye should all be proud!
Rednut
Old Salt.
[Sep 21, 2015 1:13:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

awww u shouldnt run events on TLAPD as i am always dressed up as a pirate and spending the entire day at the state fair.. lol....

and i LOVE the crossword clue game u do....

i insist u do another one soon :)

list of winners?
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Sep 21, 2015 8:09:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Firstroundz

Such a fun and cute event thanks for running it Mee and helpers!
Firstround on Emerald
[Sep 21, 2015 4:53:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

Re: The WINNERS are in! Avast! another TEC Scavenger Hunt! Reply to this Post

Thanks to everyone who took part in our Scavenger Hunt on Saturday. It was a huge hit and thanks to some very generous pirates we raised lots of poe to continue on the collection! We had tonnes of laughs and just a few tears!

and now for the important news...

1st Place: with a time of 2h and 4 mins....Rednut
2nd Place: with a time of 2h and 11 mins....Marsu
3rd place: with a time of 2h and 12 mins....Tyrantrum

and as usual we couldn't leave out the booby prize categories:

The Best Trooper award goes to: Coangel for a whooping 5h and 3 mins of dedication to the Hunt!
The Most Lost award goes to Erics for saying: "Can I call you Gilligan for the next three hours?"
The Best Pirate Talk goes to Nidhoeggr for saying: "looking for new BrAinzzzzz"
The Funniest Chat award goes to Sparrowsjack for saying "stick a fork in me, im done"

Find Meehearties in game to get your prizes!
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Meehearties at Sep 21, 2015 5:40:12 PM]
[Sep 21, 2015 5:19:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black0ut93

Thanks to everyone who took part in our Scavenger Hunt on Saturday. It was a huge hit and thanks to some very generous pirates we raised lots of poe to continue on the collection! We had tonnes of laughs and just a few tears!

and now for the important news...

1st Place: with a time of 2h and 4 mins....Rednut
2nd Place: with a time of 2h and 11 mins....Marsu
3rd place: with a time of 2h and 12 mins....Tyrantrum

and as usual we couldn't leave out the booby prize categories:

The Best Trooper award goes to: Coangel for a whooping 5h and 3 mins of dedication to the Hunt!
The Most Lost award goes to Erics for saying: "Can I call you Gilligan for the next three hours?"
The Best Pirate Talk goes to Nidhoeggr for saying: "looking for new BrAinzzzzz"
The Funniest Chat award goes to Sparrowsjack for saying "stick a fork in me, im done"

Find Meehearties in game to get your prizes!

Congrats to all the winners! Next time i'll be hoping to break into that top three, apparently I was close!

Just wanted to say thank-you to Mee and the guys/gals who helped run the event. I had an amazing time on Saturday. I can appreciate all the time it took to set up the event but it was a lot of fun! It's such a unique event and if there's anymore in the future I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't been to one before!

~ Cubed
Cubed of Emerald
[Sep 22, 2015 11:58:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nidhoeggr

Thank you for this fun event!
I was totally worn out but totally happy also when I finally solved it :)

Big hugs to the lovely organizers.
Nidhoeggr
Captain and Mascot of Silent Fools
[Sep 22, 2015 1:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates