• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3220 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
zeldi123

rep question Reply to this Post

Hey there :)
I saw in the wiki something "Explorer - Earned by visiting the Atlantis citadels, visiting the Cursed Isles, visiting the Haunted Seas ship graveyards, visiting the Kraken, completing expeditions, and traveling around the ocean."

My target is to get the Illustrious outfit my reps are
Established
Celebrated
Noted
Renowned
So my explorer is the highest, i was thinking and here is my question:
The wiki said "traveling around the ocean" so lets say i take a greenie and give him hours and hours on the navy ship doing bilge or something idk will he get the rep?
And another quick one looking on my rep above here like i said what do you think will be the fastest one to get? and what do i need to do to get it?

Thanks for the helpers
Zeldi from Emerald ocean XD
[Aug 7, 2015 2:52:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Re: rep question Reply to this Post

The fastest way to get it would be Krakens. That is what really bumped mine. I don't go on CI, or Lantys much. I don't have that kind of time.

When mine is REALLY low, just going around to different islands will bump it, as will going out on a ship. You don't even have to puzzle.

What I am not sure about is if you can cross the same point, or island and it will count. There are only so many LPs and so many islands. I don't know if visiting the same island again will count.

Just go kraken a good deal :) - even if you sit in the safe zone.
----------------------------------------
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Aug 7, 2015 5:37:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

The wiki said "traveling around the ocean" so lets say i take a greenie and give him hours and hours on the navy ship doing bilge or something idk will he get the rep?

It is possible to get illustrious explorer rep via the navy, but it is *VERY* slow.

Personally, I love to gun and I find the best place to gun to be in the navy. (hop on/off any time, no down time like pillaging and even atlantis, etc.) Therefore I've spent a *LOT* of time gunning in the navy. When I did my push to get illustrious, I was spending hours per day in the navy for a month or so.

I would not recommend it, unless you really like a puzzle for another reason.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 7, 2015 6:10:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeldi123

When I did my push to get illustrious, I was spending hours per day in the navy for a month or so.

I would not recommend it, unless you really like a puzzle for another reason.

HFS i was sure i will be able to get it in like 40-50 hours in puzzle with navy or something lmao and about kraken... i hate the whole Bnav so i really suck at kraken only did it one time so i might give it another look because there are always jobs there.
[Aug 7, 2015 6:43:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I got Illustrious Explorer five or more times, all doing the same thing: Expeditions.

I did over 300 IO / VR expeditions in about a three-week span, and it got me Illustrious in both Conqueror and Explorer (the Explorer came first by a large number of expeditions).

In my experience, the "just sailing" (or "just puzzling while at sea") reputation raises are only good for the first few levels. If you're pushing Renowned/Celebrated+, then you will need to do more. As was stated above, Kraken is a good way, but I prefer expeditions.

Edit: Since I see you're from Emerald, there is an event starting tomorrow (August 8th at noon game time) where one pirate is running over 180 expeditions back to back. That could certainly help explorer.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Aug 7, 2015 9:49:43 AM]
[Aug 7, 2015 9:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
zeldi123

Edit: Since I see you're from Emerald, there is an event starting tomorrow (August 8th at noon game time) where one pirate is running over 180 expeditions back to back. That could certainly help explorer.

1. Thank you so much and all of you that helps
2. Do you maybe know who will do the job in NB and what ship will it be? (im only good at bilge so i will try to get that station but with all of the bots i cant get that station 1 hour ahead lol)
[Aug 8, 2015 11:19:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

1. Thank you so much and all of you that helps
2. Do you maybe know who will do the job in NB and what ship will it be? (im only good at bilge so i will try to get that station but with all of the bots i cant get that station 1 hour ahead lol)

It'll be run by Gamebug, sometime after the Aim blockade.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Aug 8, 2015 1:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates