• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4897 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

aMAZEin' Puzzle Day Doodle![Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

When: until July 13th 11:59:59 PM Pacific
What: Doodle up a plan for a MAZE
Why: Because everyone loves to Doodle!

Maze puzzles are a lot of fun for pirates of all ages, whether they be made out of vegetation, three dimensional toys or inked on piece of parchment.

Yer task for this Doodle is to design a pirate themed maze. Obviously there isn't time to plant up your back garden, or whittle away on a block of wood, so I'm wanting the design only. It can be as complex or as simple as you wish, but the design should retrain a pirate theme and should be a functional maze that can be solved.

• Only one entry per player
  • Host your images online at a site like http://imageshack.us/ or http://photobucket.com
  • Post a completed image of your creation (maximum size 600 x 600) in this thread
  • If you cannot post an image, please post a link to your image (but also make sure that it is open for all to view, and doesn't require a login)
  • Be sure to include your pirate name and ocean in your entry thread or put it in your signature.

-- Judging will be completed as soon as possible after the contest has closed.
-- Shiny Sun Points will be awarded to winners as well as prizes
-- Prizes will be at my discretion, but expect furniture or clothing. And Hera Eggs. Because I know you love 'em.
-- Don't get hung up on the prizes and the need to win. Take part because it looks fun, it's an interesting challenge, and it's an opportunity to share your imaginative design with us all!

Important Note: We are currently having issues with players logging into the forums under Chrome and FF (not affecting players who are currently logged in). At the moment, the only way to login is via Internet Explorer. My apologies for the inconvenience this is causing and we are working on fixing this issue!
----------------------------------------
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Hera at Jul 14, 2015 9:00:04 PM]
[Jul 12, 2015 5:31:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Re: aMAZEin' Puzzle Day Doodle! Reply to this Post

<3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 12, 2015 6:08:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Herowena of Cerulean

The sheep says "Mehhhh."

Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Jul 13, 2015 2:14:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pickypeanut

Not the most difficult might ring but fun all the same :)

---Lastcall--- of Emerald

Forumn avatar made by the talented Frayscarlet :)
[Jul 13, 2015 2:37:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Cattrin on Cerulean

Navigating in a Kraken Hunt is all about finding your way through the Kraken's maze to her eggs.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jul 13, 2015 3:50:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pinstripe

That was a fun idea.
A portrait of Vargas the Mad.

Take the path through insanity.

- Larger Version -
Link
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thibaut
Sage
King of pie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Edit 3 times, last edit by pinstripe at Jul 13, 2015 6:14:15 PM]
[Jul 13, 2015 6:07:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 13, 2015 10:20:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Doodle Pens down!

Thank you to those who have entered - judging will be done as soon as possible and the winners announced here. Back soon! *sharpens pencil and prepares to work her way through mazes*
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Jul 14, 2015 12:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Thanks everyone for your wonderful entries! Without further ado, the winners are as follows:

Winning a Hera Egg and Purple/Gold outfit:
Cattrin of Cerulean for her Kraken Hunt Maze - a wonderfully simple design that brings back fun memories of childhood puzzle books. Love it!

Winning a Hera Egg and Purple/Purple outfit:
Budclare of Meridian for the Eyepatch Maze - trickier than it looks, a lot of work went into this very simple design.
Lastcall of Emerald for the Widows Web - another very simple design that I enjoyed 'navigating'. Yarr!

Everyone else will receive a nice Hera Egg to call their own (I do seem to keep finding them everywhere...)

Thank you again to all who participated! Prizes have been delivered and you can find them in your inventories.
[Jul 14, 2015 8:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Thanks, Hera!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Jul 15, 2015 6:45:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Aw, thanks! :)

*coughsShinySunPointscoughs*
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 15, 2015 12:09:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

*coughsShinySunPointscoughs*

We haven't forgotten! The lovely Clotho will be weaving her magick soon.
[Jul 15, 2015 1:22:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Children's book was exactly what I was going for.

Thanks for the doodle and congrats to all. :)
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jul 15, 2015 4:33:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pickypeanut

Thanks Hera!

I am glad you enjoyed navigating my maze! This was a fun event. Thank you so much for running it.
---Lastcall--- of Emerald

Forumn avatar made by the talented Frayscarlet :)
[Jul 15, 2015 6:55:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Now for what you have really been waiting for: Shiny Sun Points !

for Cattrin

+ for Budclare (yes, that is 2!)

+ for Lastcall(2 here too!)

and finally, each to Herowena and Thibaut for entering.

Clotho will update the running totals soon.
[Jul 15, 2015 7:39:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates