• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3232 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
raymondbaker

Easter Egg Hunt Reply to this Post

OK so I'm a big kid at heart and love taking part in Easter egg hunts! now I was looking in the event threads of every ocean and couldn't see one going on this weekend, so I was thinking I'd host one myself.

However I haven't hosted any events before now, I know it's probably too little notice for support from three rings. But I would like advice/ideas from pirates.

I have a few eggs that I have collected over the years, some standard palace shoppe/tournament eggs and some ringer eggs.

I govern an island but it's not possible to place furniture outside so I can't hide them on the island. I guess my flag's grandiose flag hall would probably work.

But here is where I'm struggling, I'm not very good with coming up with riddles/clues so should I just hide them around the hall and just let them find them all (pretty boring) or I would need some help from other pirates to come up with clues/riddles.

Any and all ideas welcome.
----------------------------------------
Steveb Drunken Captain of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian)
[Apr 2, 2015 1:07:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Re: Easter Egg Hunt Reply to this Post

I don't think hiding them without riddles is boring, at all. You can be creative camouflaging the eggs with similar colors of furniture placed nearby, and using all the nooks and crannies of your flag hall. I'll gladly help make up clues if you decide you really need them, but I don't believe they are a must.
(I am also always happy to donate prizes, if you want some help there.)
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Apr 2, 2015 5:26:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Easter Egg Hunt Reply to this Post

I think limiting them to 1 building is not that great, especially if it is a building that is not open to the public (though you can throw a party).
It could be helpful to use an alt to become manager in shops and stalls to hide eggs there as well (alts so that checking the profile for manager stats doesn't help) or quit the managing job after placing the furniture.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 3, 2015 12:27:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates