• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2664 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
PhoenyxStar

I bow to the genius of Three Rings Reply to this Post

So I logged on to my Viridian Day 1 created pirate and triggered the 10 year trophy today.

This amused me because last night I had to update World of Warcraft so that they could begin the implementation of selling Game Time for Game Currency. Pioneers in the field. I applaud thee.

RuneScape did the same thing some time last year.

The micropayment model works. Oh does it work.

This was stuck in here because I couldn't figure out where else to put it since I don't have access to the super sekrit OM forum to just slip it in there.

Thank you. You pioneered the model and now everyone's adopting it, making it easier for those of us who have lots of time but little money to play the games we love.
----------------------------------------
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Mar 26, 2015 1:32:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

Re: I bow to the genius of Three Rings Reply to this Post

super sekrit OM forum

Reputedly there is an Easter Egg that will Crack on 1 April 2015 which will allow access to the Sercret OMs Forum, but I could just be Fooling Yea, I am known as a bit of a Clown!.
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Mar 26, 2015 2:51:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

The forum account was made in 2011, I've been playing since 2004.... I know there's a super sekrit forum. I still can't post in it though.
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Mar 26, 2015 5:43:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

So I logged on to my Viridian Day 1 created pirate and triggered the 10 year trophy today.

This amused me because last night I had to update World of Warcraft so that they could begin the implementation of selling Game Time for Game Currency. Pioneers in the field. I applaud thee.

This was stuck in here because I couldn't figure out where else to put it since I don't have access to the super sekrit OM forum to just slip it in there.

Thank you. You pioneered the model and now everyone's adopting it, making it easier for those of us who have lots of time but little money to play the games we love.

I actually had this thought a few months ago too.

I'm not a huge gamer, and i was wondering if Puzzle Pirates was the very first to adopt this model?
-Gagundss
[Mar 27, 2015 7:37:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GreatBob

I actually had this thought a few months ago too.

I'm not a huge gamer, and i was wondering if Puzzle Pirates was the very first to adopt this model?

Definitely one of them! EVE Online allows players to purchase PLEX (which is redeemable for subscription time) with in-game currency, but that hasn't been around as long as doubloon oceans.
Penguinpaste, SO of Polaris, Obsidian. Dark side.

[Mar 29, 2015 9:22:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I thought Cleaver said in an interview that micropayments were big in Asia, but no where else (for the most part). And that was where they came up with the idea for the Doubloon system?

I forget a lot of things though, so I could be mixing things up.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Apr 3, 2015 8:59:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Bobafeis

Maj wrote: 
I thought Cleaver said in an interview that micropayments were big in Asia, but no where else (for the most part). And that was where they came up with the idea for the Doubloon system?

I forget a lot of things though, so I could be mixing things up.

That sounds right to me. I believe it was something about micropayments being very common for dollhousing type stuff over there and then going off of that?

But yes, OOO was a pioneer with micropayments in western markets. I know Cleaver did a bunch of interviews and spoke at a bunch of conferences back in the day.
-Annarinda (blue)/Arryarrwoot (green)/possibly other pirates along the way-
Eca drew a picture of me.

[Apr 3, 2015 10:09:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates